PDA

View Full Version : different teams represented on campus??

tenaciousT
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
this i my second semester away from campus, boy do i miss it!

the last couple years that i was there it seemed that a lot more Troy pride was showing up. people wearing troy shirts/hats ect. It has always been a problem w/ having students wearing AUorUA stuff on campus.

i was always embarrassed when i had a class with an athlete and there is a student in there wearing a bamer/barner shirt or tshirt. i always felt the urge to first, punch the kid in the face and second, apologize to the athelete and let him/her know that there are some true TU fans!

a couple days in, how is it looking so far?

TroyDrum89
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Well, there's a good amount of freshmen that have not yet fallen in love with the awesomeness that is TROY Athletics. So, with that said, there is still a good handful of students that are still rep'ing other college teams (AU, UA, etc.), but I've noticed some changes in my years (3) here. I see a lot more TROY "T" decals on cars, TROY T-shirts being worn, TROY flags flying on cars/trucks, and lately, I've even seen freshmen showing some Trojan pride.

JPSousa1898
08-14-2009, 03:24 AM
I was talking with a dude on the JSU SGA today and he said they have a new program where they are going to start letting students trade in shirts from other teams for JSU shirts to help promote school spirit. Maybe the Troy SGA could do something like that.

Hemi Man
08-14-2009, 07:07 AM
this i my second semester away from campus, boy do i miss it!

the last couple years that i was there it seemed that a lot more Troy pride was showing up. people wearing troy shirts/hats ect. It has always been a problem w/ having students wearing AUorUA stuff on campus.

i was always embarrassed when i had a class with an athlete and there is a student in there wearing a bamer/barner shirt or tshirt. i always felt the urge to first, punch the kid in the face and second, apologize to the athelete and let him/her know that there are some true TU fans!

a couple days in, how is it looking so far?

Bear Woods mentioned this on twitter yesterday. He and a couple of other players were not real happy about it happening. Its not just students though, I have witnessed a lot of older people (even at road games) wearing other schools stuff.

The worst incident ever was a certain vehicle in the homecoming parade last year with Alabama stuff on it.

TroyDrum89
08-14-2009, 07:38 AM
I was talking with a dude on the JSU SGA today and he said they have a new program where they are going to start letting students trade in shirts from other teams for JSU shirts to help promote school spirit. Maybe the Troy SGA could do something like that.

I'm pretty sure they did that last year a couple of times. I remember them being on the quad with megaphones yelling at students with other teams' gear on and offering trades for TROY gear.

BMarkey
08-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I saw that vehicle last year. I was embarrassed.

With the growth of Facebook and Twitter (and texting), the Troy SGA and alumni associations should start a joint electronic effort to inform students and alumni that their gear choices can place THEIR school in a poor light, affect student-athlete morale and make the wearers and users look downright ignorant. And traitorous.

sotsclarinet08
08-14-2009, 12:14 PM
It has gotten a lot better. With many organizations just giving away their shirts to their members has made it a lot easier for students to wear Cardinal! A basic example is the band get's free Odyssey t-shirts to perform in the Odyssey New Student Convocation ceremony. And many other organizations give out free shirts like IMPACT, when you come for that before you start at Troy you get a free t-shirt.

So that alone has helped the support of wearing cardinal on campus. Just walking around GAB, the Quad, and the Trojan Center these past few days all I see is cardinal! Which is awesome! However, I have seen a few lingering Alabama and Auburn shirts... And I also noticed that UA and AU license plates have started to disappear as well.

And by the way JPSousa1898 they do take Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, whatever other school shirts from students on the Quad the day of the Bonfire and they burn them that night. I gave up some of my UGA shirts last year =)

Psitech
08-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Just noticed a tweet from Bear "TheBEAR48" where he was saying that he and other guys on the team are tired of seeing other school logos around campus.

Whitney
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I love wearing my Troy shirt and SOTS shirt i like getting questions about them and telling people about TU.

and I have LOVED harassing the FAU shirt wearing people i see from time to time since they're the closest to where i live.

SOTS_tuba
08-16-2009, 09:20 AM
It's gotten a lot better in the four years that I've been here. Yea there are still some idiots who refuse to accept that the school they support is below Troy in (most importantly) academics and sports. Every campus has a prob with other stuff being worn, one of my friends at Auburn said that there peps there that wear Troy, UF,UGA, UA, LSU, ect..... and that was when they didnt stink this bad lol.

TroyOi
08-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Have you ever thought a lot of these people could be graduate students who have degrees from these other schools? I wear Troy stuff on another school's campus all the time.

SOTS_tuba
08-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Have you ever thought a lot of these people could be graduate students who have degrees from these other schools? I wear Troy stuff on another school's campus all the time.

Some maybe but I dont know many grad students that live in alumni lol.

Hemi Man
08-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Why do they come to the Troy scrimmage wearing other schools stuff?

JPSousa1898
08-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Even with being a graduate student, there are times you wear your school's stuff and times you don't. I think that people here in Jacksonville would be HIGHLY offended if I came to a JSU athletic event wearing Troy stuff, and I don't do it for that reason.

There's a time and place for everything.

Undergrads, you should have pride in your school! It's giving you a great education and a lot to be thankful for. SHOW IT!