PDA

View Full Version : 900 members

Mike Cunningham
08-09-2009, 07:28 PM
By the way, we have surpased the 900 member mark as of the other day. Congrats to all for hitting the big 900.

When I took over, I had a goal of hitting 1200 after this season's football/basketball season.

To attain that goal, it depends on you guys/gals. Get your friends, family, Trojan fans to sign up for an account today!

troyw
08-09-2009, 07:34 PM
By the way, we have surpased the 900 member mark as of the other day. Congrats to all for hitting the big 900.

When I took over, I had a goal of hitting 1200 after this season's football/basketball season.

To attain that goal, it depends on you guys/gals. Get your friends, family, Trojan fans to sign up for an account today!

If you don't mind me asking, for what reason do you want 1200 members?

Mike Cunningham
08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
It was an arbitrary number I picked out of the air.

The more members, the more discussion.
The more members, the more moxy when compared to opponent's boards.
The more members, the more attractive to advertisers/sponsors.
The more members, the bigger my ego.....hehe.

TrojanEmpire
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
It was an arbitrary number I picked out of the air.

The more members, the more discussion.
The more members, the more moxy when compared to opponent's boards.
The more members, the more attractive to advertisers/sponsors.
The more members, the bigger my ego.....hehe.

What's in it for us?

Mike Cunningham
08-09-2009, 07:51 PM
An ever increasing higher quality website.

Hemi Man
08-09-2009, 07:59 PM

What was the number when you took over the board?

Mike Cunningham
08-09-2009, 08:01 PM
around 820

troyw
08-10-2009, 08:21 AM

I don't understand how more members on a free board will equate to a higher quality site.

Hemi Man
08-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't understand how more members on a free board will equate to a higher quality site.

So are you saying if we had to pay to be a member of this site the quality would be higher? If you believe that go check out the Rivals sites.

CHughes1102
08-10-2009, 09:21 AM
So are you saying if we had to pay to be a member of this site the quality would be higher? If you believe that go check out the Rivals sites.

Yeah but there you mostly pay to get the recruiting news.....not the message board. If you had to pay to just get the message board then yeah it would be nice and high quality.

troyw
08-10-2009, 10:36 AM

No, I'm saying that more members on a free board shouldn't have any bearing on the quality of the site. Why would it?

TrojanWarrior418
08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Congrats on the milestone! Keep up the great work and lets continue to spread the word.

For Troy!

cville
08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
No, I'm saying that more members on a free board shouldn't have any bearing on the quality of the site. Why would it?

I have done a few web pages and the more members and hits a site has the more attractive it is to sponsors and advertisers and the higher rates that can be charged. Those banner clicks generate nickels at the time, but nickles add up. I don't know the owners of the site, but I get the strong impression that this site is not so they can retire from their day jobs. I would guess those nickels get put back into the site to add content and additional bandwidth for the members.

I like the new changes that have been made and was actually happy to see the "amazon" banner on the site. Those ads make it more likely this site will remain an independent site for us to read and diseminate our vast amounts of wisdom to the Trojan World.

cville

troyw
08-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I have done a few web pages and the more members and hits a site has the more attractive it is to sponsors and advertisers and the higher rates that can be charged. Those banner clicks generate nickels at the time, but nickles add up. I don't know the owners of the site, but I get the strong impression that this site is not so they can retire from their day jobs. I would guess those nickels get put back into the site to add content and additional bandwidth for the members.

I like the new changes that have been made and was actually happy to see the "amazon" banner on the site. Those ads make it more likely this site will remain an independent site for us to read and diseminate our vast amounts of wisdom to the Trojan World.

cville

This site has always been and should always be free. That is the very foundation of this community and it will be a sad day if that ever changes.

Mike Cunningham
08-10-2009, 08:06 PM
The site will ALWAYS be free (as long as I own it).

troyw
08-10-2009, 08:08 PM
The site will ALWAYS be free (as long as I own it).

Good to hear...glad to see you are keeping the tradition alive!

Lord-Mustang
08-10-2009, 09:36 PM
It's not that it would create higher quality website, but the more members there are, the more threads there will be, the more responses will come, more chatter and more insider information. And ultimately that's what a site owner wishes to see, as well as it's members...and that's more and more activity. I just hope that "when" advertising is offered up, it's selective and not just offered to anyone.

cville
08-11-2009, 07:10 AM
This site has always been and should always be free. That is the very foundation of this community and it will be a sad day if that ever changes.

I completely agree. It may be free to the users, but there is a cost to this site. Bandwidth, servers, hosting, etc. not to mention the time involved.

My point was the more members, the more hits, the more clicks on banners, the more nickels, the more likely that the owners will continue to invest time, energy and money in this site, so that we can enjoy it for "free"

tntrojan
08-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Hurdle,
Keep up the good work.
Here's to the 900! Let's keep growing.
Go Trojans!

RDA Trojan
08-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Just curious where you are seeing the 900 member numbers. I clicked on the Members list at the top of the forum, and it said there were 815.

Mike Cunningham
08-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Hmm, that's odd. On the forum home page, down on the bottom where it says who is online it says who the newest member is and how many members we have. Down there it currently says 900+.

Texas Trojan
08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
... the new guy on the Troy block!

Moved to Dallas three months ago. Denton is 20 minutes away. And I have to wait until next year to see the Trojans live again! Sheesh!

Last time I saw Troy play ... was at South Carolina, in 2006 I think.

I have read this board for months a a visitor and just got the moxie to join! It;s a good group ... you guys keep me up on the goings-on, OK?

Anything you need from Big D, just holler.

Go Trojans!

troyjohn06
08-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Welcome Texas,

Good to have you. More members the better

Whitney
09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
soooooo close to 1000!

PensacolaTrojan
09-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Done!!!

1000 members.