PDA

View Full Version : FIU basketball lands HUGE recruit

FliryVorru
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Isiah Thomas is already paying dividends for FIU. This guy could turn FIU into a powerhouse if he actually ends up being able to coach well.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4383839

In a decision sure to stun many in the basketball community, Ferguson, rated the No. 8 rising senior in the ESPN 100, gave a verbal commitment to Florida International on Friday.

"It's just about the tremendous respect I have for Coach [Isiah] Thomas," Ferguson said. "Everybody wants to get to the next level and when you make a commitment it's about who you think can get you there. A lot of coaches can and do, but he's been there."

The Indianapolis native was considering Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Indiana and UCLA.

In a short time, Thomas already has made inroads on the recruiting trail. He already received a verbal commitment from point guard Phil Taylor, a rising senior from Georgia, and Chris Coleman, the No. 5-rated center in the class of 2011.

TrojanEmpire
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Isiah Thomas is already paying dividends for FIU. This guy could turn FIU into a powerhouse if he actually ends up being able to coach well.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4383839

Too bad he can't coach. He proved that with the Pacers and Knicks.

FliryVorru
08-08-2009, 06:01 AM
Too bad he can't coach.

Exactly. I can't imagine he's too much better than their previous coach. Although he does, admittedly, have a good eye for talent if you look at those coaching stints' draft classes.

ThePowerMan
08-08-2009, 09:09 PM
He will be coaching against Coach M. I am sure Ho will peep in on this. Isiah T will be a force against the coaches in the Belt. Mark that down. I give him two years and he wins the Belt. I hate to say that because I would love to the Troy make a run at the top.

Texas Trojan
08-27-2009, 09:48 PM
.. who will self destruct spectacularly in two years. Mark it down. He's got too much ego to last in Florida. He'll snag recruits based on his rep as a player, but he will handle the team like wildcats in a gunny sack.

The Peter Principle is hard at work with this guy.