PDA

View Full Version : Game times announced

RDA Trojan
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM
With the exception of Arkansas.

http://www.troytrojans.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&KEY=&SPID=10377&SPSID=87290

Date Opponent Location Time (CT) Results Media Thu, Sep 03 Bowling Green State at Bowling Green, Ohio 6:00 pm
No television
Sat, Sep 12 Florida at Gainesville, Fla. 11:21 am
Sat, Sep 19 UAB - "World Wide Trojan Pride Day" Troy, Ala. 6:00 pm
Sat, Sep 26 Arkansas State * at Jonesboro, Ark. 6:00 pm
Tue, Oct 06 Middle Tennessee - "Battle for the Palladium" * Troy, Ala. 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 17 Florida International * at Miami, Fla. 6:00 pm
Sat, Oct 24 North Texas - Homecoming * Troy, Ala. 2:30 pm
Sat, Oct 31 ULM - "Band Day" * Troy, Ala. 6:00 pm
Sat, Nov 07 Western Kentucky * at Bowling Green, Ky. 4:00 pm
Sat, Nov 14 Arkansas at Fayetteville, Ark. TBA
Sat, Nov 21 Florida Atlantic - "Salute to Armed Forces/Senior Day" * Troy, Ala. 6:00 pm
Sat, Nov 28 UL-Lafayette * at Lafayette, La. 6:00 pm

troyjohn06
07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Barry is filling in for Doug and Josh on 740AM here in Montgomery until 2 today. He mentioned that the Troy-Florida game will be at 1120am and televised on ESPN Regional (CSS I'm assuming).

He also said that three different radio stations have stopped him up at SEC media days and asked if he would come on the radio this afternoon to talk about Troy Football.

Makes me proud to hear of the interest in Troy Football!

DedicatedTrojan84
07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
11:21am?

That bus trip out of Dothan would have to leave at 3 in the morning in order to get any good tailgating time in.

That sucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 31st at 6pm also sucks. Same weekend as talladega and others will be at home taking their kids out. Very poor decision making there.

troyfan
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I think the Florida game will be the former Raycom sports SEC game of the week which is syndicated by ESPN now. I know here in Huntsville those games are carried on the Fox television affiliate. So, Troy might get some good coverage on that day.

CHughes1102
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I think the Florida game will be the former Raycom sports SEC game of the week which is syndicated by ESPN now. I know here in Huntsville those games are carried on the Fox television affiliate. So, Troy might get some good coverage on that day.

Its looking pretty good right now!!! I am so freaking pumped about football season!!!!!

TrojanWarrior418
07-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Barry is filling in for Doug and Josh on 740AM here in Montgomery until 2 today. He mentioned that the Troy-Florida game will be at 1120am and televised on ESPN Regional (CSS I'm assuming).

He also said that three different radio stations have stopped him up at SEC media days and asked if he would come on the radio this afternoon to talk about Troy Football.

Makes me proud to hear of the interest in Troy Football!

I didn't know about that is there going to be a replay or an archive I can listen to?

troyfan
07-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I just did some searching and that is the SEC game of the week. So, look for your local affiliates if you are not in Gainesville and tune in to watch.

CHughes1102
07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I just did some searching and that is the SEC game of the week. So, look for your local affiliates if you are not in Gainesville and tune in to watch.

Mind if I ask where you saw that?

RDA Trojan
07-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Mind if I ask where you saw that?

There has been a lot of talk in the SEC outlets leading up to media days about this new SEC-TV agreement. What was formerly the 11:30 Jefferson-Pilot, Lincoln Financial, RayCom game has been moved up to an 11:15 start time for broadcast, with kickoff about 6 minutes after that. CBS will have a choice for the traditional afternoon, 2:30 CST game. ESPN will continue to air a saturday night game each week.

CHughes1102
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
There has been a lot of talk in the SEC outlets leading up to media days about this new SEC-TV agreement. What was formerly the 11:30 Jefferson-Pilot, Lincoln Financial, RayCom game has been moved up to an 11:15 start time for broadcast, with kickoff about 6 minutes after that. CBS will have a choice for the traditional afternoon, 2:30 CST game. ESPN will continue to air a saturday night game each week.

You are correct....I just saw that. Well guys it looks as though we have SEC game of the week on our hands. What do you say....we.....hand it to the gators on tv with a big audience?

What local channel will it be on do you guys think?

troyjohn06
07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I didn't know about that is there going to be a replay or an archive I can listen to?

I don't think 740 has archives of there broadcasts online. Sorry, I didn't know he was filling in during the lunchtime show either until I was on my lunch break.

There wasn't anything further said about Troy on the show, just a great deal of SEC Media Days talk.

RDA Trojan
07-22-2009, 03:11 PM
You are correct....I just saw that. Well guys it looks as though we have SEC game of the week on our hands. What do you say....we.....hand it to the gators on tv with a big audience?

What local channel will it be on do you guys think?

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_article_id=12874&change_well_id=2

The SEC Network will feature an SEC football Game of the Week regionally for 13 consecutive Saturdays, beginning Sept. 5. Those telecasts will kick off at noon ET/11 a.m. CT with the live SEC Studio show, followed by the matchup, generally determined 12 to six days in advance. The new kickoff time for the Game of the Week will be 12:21 p.m. ET.

SEC Network Markets (confirmed as of release date)
Alabama
Birmingham-Tuscaloosa-AnnistonWTTO; WABMCW; MNT

DothanWTVY; WTVY-DT2, -DT3CBS; MNT; CW

Huntsville-Decatur (Flor)WZDX; WAMYFOX; MNT

Mobile-Pensacola (Ft Walt)WJTCIND

Montgomery (Selma)WCOV; WCOV-DT2FOX

CHughes1102
07-22-2009, 03:16 PM

The SEC Network will feature an SEC football Game of the Week regionally for 13 consecutive Saturdays, beginning Sept. 5. Those telecasts will kick off at noon ET/11 a.m. CT with the live SEC Studio show, followed by the matchup, generally determined 12 to six days in advance. The new kickoff time for the Game of the Week will be 12:21 p.m. ET.

Alabama

Ok thanks man!!! I thought that the channel might have changed..

fbfan
07-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Alabama

Is it because there are no SEC match ups that week?

Edit: Never mind, there are several that day.

CHughes1102
07-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Is it because there are no SEC match ups that week?

They will still be playing OOC and plus the Troy/UF game should be one hell of a game!!

RDA Trojan
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
They will still be playing OOC and plus the Troy/UF game should be one hell of a game!!

The FIU @ Alabama game is on PPV. MSU/Aubbie is on FSS. South Carolina/Georgia matchup is on ESPN2. Vandy/LSU is on ESPNU. UCLA @ Tennessee is on in the afternoon on ESPN.

CHughes1102
07-22-2009, 04:25 PM
The FIU @ Alabama game is on PPV. MSU/Aubbie is on FSS. South Carolina/Georgia matchup is on ESPN2. Vandy/LSU is on ESPNU. UCLA @ Tennessee is on in the afternoon on ESPN.

I stand corrected...I forgot that some SEC teams do play each other in week 2.

Troy91
07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Here's the link to the networks:

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=12874&change_well_id=2