PDA

View Full Version : Q&a

trojanmaniac1987
07-20-2009, 09:10 PM
1)Although we're totally gonna dominate and win the conference title and prove why we should leave rust belt, what other team do you feel can win it and why?
for me its FIU-the golden panthers have finally found the their niche and could start as darkhorse and sneak their way to possible champs or co-champs if we aren't careful

2) the sunbelt team you love to hate is....?
for me its a tie between MTSU and arkie state. simply put their whiny, wanna-be's but have showed they can be a solid football team if they ever get appropiate leadership

3) worst sunbelt stadium is....
tie between north texas and monroe. fouts field is horribly designed, the track is tacky and press box is high schoolish....but malone stadium general admission side when i went had grass growing as far up as the 7th row with wooden bleachers...monroe is a pretty crappy town...i did like ULM's press box

4) one good/bad thing about....
Ark. state-i like their uniforms/color schemes----most underachieving program in the belt and their bad attitudes explains it all

FIU-I like having a sunbelt presence in miami-great for showing off our programs to all the elite athletes----the thugs that don't go to the U seem to end up as a golden panther

FAU-As annoying as Howard Schnellenberger is and also thuggish/smug the overall FAU players are, i admire how much they have accomplish in their short tenure in division I play----schnellenberger is annoying old fart and FAU has alot of smug, thuggish players

MTSU-Cool stadium---envious, wannabe's

North Texas-....very gorgeous campus---team's incompetence the last several years hurts the belt's little credibility

U-Louisiana Lafayette-best tailgating in the belt and the ragin cajuns name is sweet----can't really think of a bad...campus was a little disappointing but eh they're alright in my book

U-Louisiana Monroe-nothing monroe is a joke program---everything! i still can't believe our one loss came to these losers i'd rather have taken a loss to UAB!!!

WKU- a solid program in division I-AA, and assuming we're stuck in the rust belt for a while, i really hope the hilltoppers can bring the same competitiveness that they showed in the gateaway conference---they really remind me of us back in the day when we first started off and if they can get their program rolling watch out!

5) troy is going to win the belt because... troy has the best overall team and although it seems arkie state and MTSU could threaten, our coaching staff is superior to theirs and it will show.

6) troy is going to be a bcs buster because... it's our time!!!!!

trojanbrutha
07-20-2009, 09:23 PM
If you start off with an awesome post like that, is downhill the only direction you can go? Welcome to the board and keep bringin' it! Go TROY!

NAMEUHPETE
07-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Great Post.

The only two things that concern me about this season are:
1. Injuries. The only difference between Troy and any school in the country is depth.
2. Being the hunted. In most of the games this season, Troy will be the favorite. It takes a different mindset than being the underdog. The coaches will need to manage those expectations and not slip up against a middle-of-the-pack Sunbelt team.

I can't wait!

trojanbrutha
07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Great Post.

The only two things that concern me about this season are:
1. Injuries. The only difference between Troy and any school in the country is depth. 2. Being the hunted. In most of the games this season, Troy will be the favorite. It takes a different mindset than being the underdog. The coaches will need to manage those expectations and not slip up against a middle-of-the-pack Sunbelt team.

I can't wait!

This is the part that I've been waiting for...the point where LB gets to use his coaching style from his championships from days gone by...the days when TSU was looked at as a contender for a possible National Title run...I think TROY can get to a level of respect as MWC teams under his watch...He knows how to handle the expectations...he's been here before...

trojanmaniac1987
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
thanks for the welcome i appreciate the gesture. i posted the Q&A in hopes that others would also answer with their own thoughts and opinions from my fellow trojan fans. hell, other belt team guys ring in with theirs we gotta get hyped up for the season!

1)Although we're totally gonna dominate and win the conference title and prove why we should leave rust belt, what other team do you feel can win it and why?

2) the sunbelt team you love to hate is....?

3) worst sunbelt stadium is....?

4) one good/bad thing about....

Ark. state-?

FIU-?

FAU-?

MTSU-?

North Texas-?

U-Louisiana Lafayette-?

U-Louisiana Monroe-nothing monroe...?

WKU- ?

5) troy is going to win the belt because... ?

6) troy is going to be a bcs buster because... ?