PDA

View Full Version : Song For 4th Quarter

Mr. Ho
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Mr. Ho too optimistic to think anyone around for 4th quarter - even if game tied and title on line. But Mr. Ho always want TSOTWG to play song student and degenerates like Mr. Ho sing too in 4th quarter.

Here what he really want to hear at MGVS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZTSUt84YA

Drew Champlin parents not even old enough be parents yet when this song come out.

TrojanWarrior418
06-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I can't resist this.

Okay here's the top 10 Songs that could be played at Movie Gallery Stadium in the fourth quarter after the losers go back to tailgate terrace to watch the "other" college ball games.

10) Lonely by Akon.

9) Alone Again (naturally) by Gillbert O'Sulliven.

8) I Alone - by Live

7) Vacant by A Perfect Circle.

6) By Myself by Celine Dion.

5) I Stand Alone by Godsmack

4) Alone by Heart

3) So Ronery - By Kim Jong Il (Team America Soundtrack)

2) Just a Gigalow - by David Lee Roth
"I ain't got nobody. I'm just sad and lonely."

and Number 1....Empty Chairs by Don McLean.

Sorry kiddies couldn't resist.

Thanks for being such good sports.

CHughes1102
06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I can't resist this.

Okay here's the top 10 Songs that could be played at Movie Gallery Stadium in the fourth quarter after the losers go back to tailgate terrace to watch the "other" college ball games.

10) Lonely by Akon.

9) Alone Again (naturally) by Gillbert O'Sulliven.

8) I Alone - by Live

7) Vacant by A Perfect Circle.

6) By Myself by Celine Dion.

5) I Stand Alone by Godsmack

4) Alone by Heart

3) So Ronery - By Kim Jong Il (Team America Soundtrack)

2) Just a Gigalow - by David Lee Roth
"I ain't got nobody. I'm just sad and lonely."

and Number 1....Empty Chairs by Don McLean.

Sorry kiddies couldn't resist.

Thanks for being such good sports.

LMAO!!! #10 is hilarious!!

TSU2457
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought you might go with 3 Dog Night's "One is the Loneliest Number"

fbfan
06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Mr. Ho too optimistic to think anyone around for 4th quarter - even if game tied and title on line. But Mr. Ho always want TSOTWG to play song student and degenerates like Mr. Ho sing too in 4th quarter.

Here what he really want to hear at MGVS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZTSUt84YA

Drew Champlin parents not even old enough be parents yet when this song come out.

Mr. Ho needs to stick with the kung fu wok kitty surprise and leave the song list to others.

Lowbacca
06-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Yall don't like the Fanfare? That and Are You from Dixie are the only things we've played at the beginning of the fourth quarter since I got here, and that's been a while.

FliryVorru
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Yall don't like the Fanfare?

Not a single person stated that.

Anyway... the Fanfare, even back in the day when it was the long full minute version, is in fact only a minute long. There are about 2-3 minutes between quarters when we're NOT on TV and have to wait for the commercials. There has to be more filler.

Lowbacca
06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Never thought of that, Robert.

JPSousa1898
06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm sure Mr. Ford has been made aware of this and has probably been looking for an appropriate chart to make a standard 4th Quarter Song. The SOTS has traditionally had many 2-3 min. charts like high school bands to play between quarters or even on defense because in FCS, DII and DIII short cheers aren't really popular for defensive charts only offenseive superlatives, so many bands play longer charts on defense and cheers on offense.

Anyway, I'm sure that any appropriate suggestions could be directed towards Mr. Ford for his consideration. He is always open to them.

FliryVorru
06-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Selfishly, I'd love to hear the SOTS play "Talkin' Out the Side of Your Neck" every 4th quarter.

That song is crunk as hell man.

JPSousa1898
06-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Personally, I get tired of R&B and Rap songs after about 2 chords.... too much musical repetition for my taste. I would like to hear "the Final Countdown", even though it's VASTLY overdone, or perhaps some other power rock tune that just leaves the audience wanting to take someone's head off their shoulders after they regain their ability to hear.

bigguyonright
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
strangle hold by ted nugent if you can get someone who can wail on the guitar. strangle hold would be perfect for a 4th quarter

BDM88
06-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Do We Really Need a Fourth Quarter Song? I do not want to be another Florida or any other school that does one. We need something Original not just a copy of everyone else. Now do I know what we should do? No but I know someone can think of something. Let's be Troy not Everyone else.

T-Rotten
06-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I suggested, and SOTS did play at the start of the 4th at the NOLA Bowl, the Trojan Victory march that is also played during Pre-game. If you guys have the Trojan Jam CD, listen to it. We as fans need to incorporate this and raise four fingers and wave your arms up and down with the beat. This is similar to what FSU does with the warchant and what UGA does with Krypton at the start of the fourth.

With the victory March, we as Trojans can make this one of our signatures and get the fans and team pumped for the 4th. Remind the fans and team that the finish line is in sight so LSU '08 NEVER happens again.

ryan7907
06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
i love it john, kinda like we did back at Elba, 4 fingers up with Eye of the Tiger, its originall. how many times have we heard "Thunderstuck" or "Enter Sandman" or some other songat a stadium

JPSousa1898
06-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Several songs I remember starting the 4th quarter back in D-AA/FCS...

Hey!
Are You From Dixie?
Fanfare (1st half)
*Cadence*

The Trojan Victory March could be good, but it's a tad over a minute. I don't think you always have that long before the 4th quarter. I seem to recall the last few years the Sound playing Hip-Hop part 2 as well.

Anyway... as I've said before, any suggestions for improvement or change should be directed to Mr. Ford. He will gladly consider any legitimate concerns that face the Sound.

pelliott
06-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Hope this does not offend anyone

The stadium gets really quiet - and you hear a TAPS - right behind the opposing teams bench

That would be brutal and disrespectful to our military

Just let SOTS kick it - and let's put the band right behind the other team

jagd1305
06-27-2009, 07:23 PM
How could you guys forget that dreadful 1970's classic by Eric Carmen, 'All By Myself'?

jgrimsley
06-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Hope this does not offend anyone

The stadium gets really quiet - and you hear a TAPS - right behind the opposing teams bench

That would be brutal and disrespectful to our military

Just let SOTS kick it - and let's put the band right behind the other team
There actually was a time when we sat behind the opposing team's bench...92. I can't remember how many years we sat there...I think at least 3 years.

We were "too" loud

JPSousa1898
06-29-2009, 12:17 AM
There actually was a time when we sat behind the opposing team's bench...92. I can't remember how many years we sat there...I think at least 3 years.

We were "too" loud

The SOTS could NEVER be too loud! That's crazy!

Troy_Nomad
06-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Remind the fans and team that the finish line is in sight so LSU '08 NEVER happens again.

What happened with LSU '08? I don't remember us playing them. Maybe I have amnesia but I'm drawing a blank.

Troybaseball8652
06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
I suggested, and SOTS did play at the start of the 4th at the NOLA Bowl, the Trojan Victory march that is also played during Pre-game. If you guys have the Trojan Jam CD, listen to it. We as fans need to incorporate this and raise four fingers and wave your arms up and down with the beat. This is similar to what FSU does with the warchant and what UGA does with Krypton at the start of the fourth.

With the victory March, we as Trojans can make this one of our signatures and get the fans and team pumped for the 4th. Remind the fans and team that the finish line is in sight so LSU '08 NEVER happens again.

FSU plays the 4th quarter fanfare and then the fight song. They do not play the warchant at the start of the 4th quarter.

T-Rotten
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Sorry for the confusion on that. I know FSU plays a different song at the start of the 4th, but did not know the name. I was using the FSU warchant as a reference for the arm motion. Hold 4 fingers up, and make a chopping downward motion with your arm to the beat as the band palys the Trojan Victory March. My daughter, and hopefully Ryan and other students on here can get the students involved in this and the rest of us Alumni need to stand and get everyone around us doing it. We need to do something to get the fuddy-duddies off their butts and into OUR game, not the ones in Tuscaloosa or Auburn.

fiesty_red
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Several songs I remember starting the 4th quarter back in D-AA/FCS...

Hey!
Are You From Dixie?
Fanfare (1st half)
*Cadence*

The Trojan Victory March could be good, but it's a tad over a minute. I don't think you always have that long before the 4th quarter. I seem to recall the last few years the Sound playing Hip-Hop part 2 as well.

Anyway... as I've said before, any suggestions for improvement or change should be directed to Mr. Ford. He will gladly consider any legitimate concerns that face the Sound.

To my knowlege, with a few exceptions, the Sound usually plays 'Are You From Dixie?' at the beginning of the 4th Quarter. Have I been hallucinating since 1999?

FliryVorru
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
To my knowlege, with a few exceptions, the Sound usually plays 'Are You From Dixie?' at the beginning of the 4th Quarter. Have I been hallucinating since 1999?

Not once did we ever play "Are You From Dixie" at any time other than during pregame while I was in the band (2003-2007). I can't speak for any time before or after that, though.

fiesty_red
06-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Not once did we ever play "Are You From Dixie" at any time other than during pregame while I was in the band (2003-2007). I can't speak for any time before or after that, though.

Well, I'll be. I remember them not playing it in 2003, since that was my husband's last year playing football, and was actually bummed that it wasn't played at the end of 4th quarter. It was kind of like the 7th inning stretch to me. I knew I still heard it at some point gameday, but apparently senility has hit me early and I couldn't remember exactly when SOTS played it during the games.

JPSousa1898
07-01-2009, 01:08 AM
We randomly played Are You from Dixie? when I was in the SOTS. It was never played at a set time.

TrojanWarrior418
07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I wish the SOTS would play Are You From Dixie a little more often.

BDM88
07-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I know it will never happen But I'd Love them to go back to the Dixie Trojans version of the fight song. I do not care if it is not PC.