PDA

View Full Version : New Moderators

Mike Cunningham
06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
When I took over this board from our esteemed Jeff, I reached out to all the current moderators to keep them in that position. I believe all of them have committed to stay on in that capacity.

In fact, Jeff even graciously stayed on as a moderator. I thank you all for that help.

Most of the current moderators made the comment that they are most active during the football and basketball seasons, which I can understand.

We have been busier this summer then ever before as we fervantly (sp?) strive to make this a year round place for Trojan talk, so I have decided to take on two other extremely active members in a moderator capacity.

Please help me welcome FliryVorru and Trojan Delta Chi as the newest moderators to the GoTroyTrojans.com board. Both have jumped on the bandwagon to help out. TDC started out and will continue as one of our esteemed bloggers, and Fliry was hand picked by Mr. Ralph Ford to be the SOTS forum moderator, so we are just adding to his duties by allowing moderation of the entire board by him.

Both individuals will handle themselves with the class that is expected from a Trojan. I have spoken to both about our expectations here. In case there is any doubt I will lay out what my ideas are for moderation on this board.

This board is NOT for censorship. While there will be no hard core cussing (most words are now banned and replaced with ****) small words used here and there will be tolerated. What will not be tolerated is hate speech towards other members. Excessive name calling, etc will receive a temporary ban and then be dealt with permanent bans as it is deemed by me.

There will be no censorship on opinions towards school coaches and administration. If someone thinks we should fire LB (I would strongly disagree) but it will not be met with any censorship. Opinions are what message boards are for. What will not be tolerated is unsubstantiated claims of rule breaking and wrong doing. If you have the thought that someone is illegally recruiting, cheating on tests, etc, there are proper channels to take those allegations. This is not the proper channel.

While I'm ok with someone disagreeing with the recruitment and signing of a certain person, I will keep in mind that we are dealing with college students. If it gets out of hand (name calling, allegations, etc) I will shut it down.

What this board is for is to talk all things TROY; good and bad. Thanks for being here and sharing and helping us out by buying items from the front page of GoTroyTrojans.com.

CattouseFan
06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Congratulations FliryVorru and Trojan Delta Chi!

Burn the Horse
06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
thanks Cattouse.

FliryVorru
06-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Many thanks CattouseFan! I'm happy and thankful to be onboard and contributing.

TROJANFAN26
06-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Congrats guys! Both of you are deserving of the honor. Fliry, I need to talk with you about tailgating at the Swamp..