PDA

View Full Version : FAU auctioning Football Fan Suite Experience?

Hemi Man
06-18-2009, 04:57 PM
You must be kidding me.

http://fausports.cstvauctions.com/auctiondisplay.cfm?auctionnbr=11925

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/HemiMan399/Troy%20at%20FAU/KidTroyFAU036.jpg

I do actually like the idea of the auction. We could score some neat Troy stuff this way.

sotsclarinet08
06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey, its a good way to raise money, and that is one thing they NEED. I feel bad that Canada Royal Bank backed out on them. Even though we are rivals I do wish the best for FAU's stadium... It's a shame they dreamed big and in the end got nothing. So let's hope they can get their acts together!

JonesOxygen
06-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Their stadium plans fell through? Does this mean they will still be in that high schools stadium?

TroyDrum89
06-19-2009, 07:34 AM
I can't find anything about their plans to build a stadium falling through. Their athletic website still advertises the new stadium along with their "Innovation Village" being completed a little over a year from now.

Hemi Man
06-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Check the FAU board about it. There is talk of now getting a 15000 seat stadium then completing it in the near future. Owl Family will probably be on in the next few days with more details.

ThePowerMan
06-19-2009, 08:53 AM
In the above picture, I like the aluminum ladder leaned up to get to the top of the "sky box".

OwlFamily
06-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Hemi is on track.

There is nothing definiate in place either way. Rumor mill has it that there is a pretty close deal for a 1 million a year for 10 years naming right deal very close to finalizing. But weve had things fall thru at the last minute so I wont hold my breath till its announced.

The 15k NOW vs 30K LATER is an interesting discussion but it is just that ATM. Nothing concrete yet.

The danger of getting it up and half done is that the other half will NEVER get done. Course at 15K, it would be easier to get sellouts and tickets might actually become a commodity item. Im torn about. Lockhart just purely and simply SUCKS. Not only is it far from campus, its also very old and rundown looking.

Also that picture is NOT the skyboxes to the best of my knowledge, those are the press boxes. The "skyboxes" are to the left and right of that, and are basically glorified seats with a awning covering and fans.

The only good thing abou that I can say is that the awnings do NOT say "Champions" on it like the MUTS did. ;-)

P.S. I am acutally in that picture on the right side, in the section without Chairbacks about 8 rows down from the top.

8-)

sotsclarinet08
06-19-2009, 01:08 PM
P.S. I am acutally in that picture on the right side, in the section without Chairbacks about 8 rows down from the top.

I SEE U! lol...

Anyways, if you guys get that 15k up it'll be the best thing for you guys right now! Yeah it would be small at first, but it would LOOK NICE and sell out quick, like you said making FAU tickets hard to get, so when you get the 30k stadium more will come! So I'd take it and I hope that the plans are getting finalized and that the naming rights thing doesn't fall through again. Any word when it'll be done, maybe the 2010 season?

OwlFamily
06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I SEE U! lol...

Anyways, if you guys get that 15k up it'll be the best thing for you guys right now! Yeah it would be small at first, but it would LOOK NICE and sell out quick, like you said making FAU tickets hard to get, so when you get the 30k stadium more will come! So I'd take it and I hope that the plans are getting finalized and that the naming rights thing doesn't fall through again. Any word when it'll be done, maybe the 2010 season?

Most of us feel that way, Its closer to the students and community and even if its smaller then lockhart it would be NEWER. Im assuming that only the seating would be compromised and lowered. The Press box's, locker rooms and other essentials would be all set.

IF they go this route and break gown by the end of June or Earlly july, it could be done in time for SOME of the 2010 games.

Keep your fingers crossed.

sotsclarinet08
06-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Most of us feel that way, Its closer to the students and community and even if its smaller then lockhart it would be NEWER. Im assuming that only the seating would be compromised and lowered. The Press box's, locker rooms and other essentials would be all set.

IF they go this route and break gown by the end of June or Earlly july, it could be done in time for SOME of the 2010 games.

Keep your fingers crossed.

So how far away is Craphart from the FAU campus? If it is far away I can see why some of your students not wanting to go to the games, dealing with traffic in Ft. Lauderdale and parking at the stadium, ugh! So yeah that alone would be a big benefit to your attendance, getting more students into the stadium.

That would be great, if they broke ground soon. Because by the 2010 season most Sun Belt stadiums would be newly renovated or newly constructed.

Any word on who will get the naming rights? Troy got really lucky with Movie Gallery, since it's a near by company headquarters. Any big company headquarters near you guys? I'm assuming yes since it's Ft. Lauderdale. Anyways, Good Luck!

Hemi Man
06-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Just going off of memory I would say it's at least a 30 minute drive from FAU to Lockhart. FAU's campus is very nice. Lockhart is in more of an industrial area of Ft. Lauderdale.

OwlFamily
06-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Just going off of memory I would say it's at least a 30 minute drive from FAU to Lockhart. FAU's campus is very nice. Lockhart is in more of an industrial area of Ft. Lauderdale.

About that,

They do offer busses down to the stadium for students but then you dont get that tailgate experience either.

Industrial area MIGHT be a bit to nice of a description. I prefer dilapted warehouse district. :-)

The opponents of the Small/Now say that if we build a 15K it will just be lockhart all over again. My arguement is that it would be in SIZE only. In terms of scenery/newness it would be a great imrovement.

Ive voted small/now as I think beggars cant be choosers in these times.

sotsclarinet08
06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
About that,

They do offer busses down to the stadium for students but then you dont get that tailgate experience either.

Industrial area MIGHT be a bit to nice of a description. I prefer dilapted warehouse district. :-)

The opponents of the Small/Now say that if we build a 15K it will just be lockhart all over again. My arguement is that it would be in SIZE only. In terms of scenery/newness it would be a great imrovement.

Ive voted small/now as I think beggars cant be choosers in these times.

Exactly you hit the nail on the head! I think the whole problem with the FAU stadium is that your officials dreamed WAY to big to begin with and went down in a level in design till they ran out of time... So yeah a Small/Now stadium is perfect for you guys, like you said beggars can't be choosers... And now you are in desperate need of a stadium that doesn't down grade your team like Lockhart does... FAU = Great team, Good growing Band, and Crappy stadium... Let's fix this equation!

NWFLTrojan
06-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Am I wrong, if your stadium seats 15,000 and you must average 15,000 paid attendance to remain DI, then you would have to sell out every game?

I know the butts do not need to be in the seats but how difficult will it be to sell out every home game?

OwlFamily
06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Am I wrong, if your stadium seats 15,000 and you must average 15,000 paid attendance to remain DI, then you would have to sell out every game?

I know the butts do not need to be in the seats but how difficult will it be to sell out every home game?

A valid question, there was some drawing done up of the empty sidleing being a hill or berm area that would be SRO, and that would allow for overlow.

15K is a "Rough" number IMO.

Remember none of this is official or set in stone.

fbfan
06-23-2009, 06:21 PM

They average a little over 8,000 supposedly.