PDA

View Full Version : The Sound is in Town!

tntrojan
06-01-2009, 11:48 PM
The Sound is indeed the greatest marching band in college football.
They make a diference in the stands.

sotsclarinet08
06-02-2009, 12:34 AM
The Sound is indeed the greatest marching band in college football.
They make a diference in the stands.

That's a great statement, and I appreciate it. I hated how in high school the entire stadium would get up during halftime to go to the bathroom or the concessions and only the band parents were left to watch us....

Ha, not in college. Well at least not at TROY. That's why I love our fans so much, only a handful of people leave during our halftime shows! Thousands of people actually get to the stadium early just to see us during pregame! I think thats great! Not all college marching bands get that kind of respect! So thank you to all the Trojan Faithful that are indeed true SOTS fans as well.

------------------------------------------------

I'm glad we have a section now! this will be great during the season to have our perspective of the games and such on here.

And yes I agree with you! If the Sound wasn't at the games it would be WAYYY to quite and the Trojans wouldn't win as much lol... I mean it, the team seems to always do better when we're around.

Heck we where on campus for the FAU basketball game, that was the night before we left for the NO bowl and we were asked to attend. So we did and the FAU coach exploded and freaked out from all the crap he was getting from us and he was kicked out of the game... haha it was hilarious! But we killed them so I think we had a great influence. Good times....

Anyways, thanks to hurdlelove for adding this forum! And I can't wait till the Florida game where the Trojans will take down the ALL MIGHTY Gators and Superman.... And last but not least the Gator Band will bow down to the Sound and hand over all their funding! lol that would be awesome! So here's to next season, Go Trojans!

Rette
06-02-2009, 01:20 AM
The Sound Of The South is such an important part of the Troy experience. IMO this was long over due!! Thanks for adding this section to the forum.

FliryVorru
06-02-2009, 02:12 AM
THANK YOU!!! As a band alumni I hope the entire band will flock this this corner and the entire site to contribute to the fan experience.

So, of course, the only way to properly break in the new part of the forum is with it's first video of The Fanfare. Oh yeah... New Orleans Bowl '06 baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJh40SMXbbo

Oh, and a throwback clip with the SotS drumline in the background!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KYdu5TOIg

JPSousa1898
06-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm glad to see that the SOTS has a place on GTT too! They are the best college band in the nation!

BLOW SOTS! WHUP EM ALL!!!!

TroyFootball05
06-02-2009, 09:48 AM
The Sound will be at 11 games this year in some form. The only one they are not going to is Arkansas. Troy is sending pep bands to FIU and ASU, and some other places. Should be a great season for football and halftime!