PDA

View Full Version : Attn: SAE alumni

TroyOi
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I had this message passed along to me from another alumnus regarding raising money to start a chapter website and just thought I would pass it along:

We need everyone to help. I spoke with Alan Head, the president of the chapter, and he informed me that we need $3000.00 for the web site. I need 30 alumni (who have the means) to help me raise this money. I can't begin to explain how implementing this web site will improve alumni relationship, rush, and the chapter. I am starting this off with the first pledge in the amount of $100.00. Please contact me @ jhurst5105@yahoo.com to make your pledge. Its time we stand up for something we all once loved and believe in. A chapter is only as strong is its alumni support. Please pass this on to every brother you keep in contact with and together we can help Troy SAE rise from the ashes.

PHI ALPHA,

Justin Hurst

WhoaNellie!!!
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM
I had this message passed along to me from another alumnus regarding raising money to start a chapter website and just thought I would pass it along:

We need everyone to help. I spoke with Alan Head, the president of the chapter, and he informed me that we need $3000.00 for the web site. I need 30 alumni (who have the means) to help me raise this money. I can't begin to explain how implementing this web site will improve alumni relationship, rush, and the chapter. I am starting this off with the first pledge in the amount of $100.00. Please contact me @ jhurst5105@yahoo.com to make your pledge. Its time we stand up for something we all once loved and believe in. A chapter is only as strong is its alumni support. Please pass this on to every brother you keep in contact with and together we can help Troy SAE rise from the ashes.

PHI ALPHA,

Justin Hurst

Do they have a Facebook page? That's the first thing that needs to be done.

TroyOi
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Do they have a Facebook page? That's the first thing that needs to be done.

yes and a myspace page

FHBrian
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
We just redid our website last year and I know it wasn't 3000. The company does lots of greek websites and it is very interactive with a login for both alumni and active members. It is troyfarmhouse.org and at the bottom is the name of the company that did it for us. They had lots of templates and options. I am not sure how much it cost but I am pretty sure it wasn't $3,000. Also a FaceBook alumni page is a great way to connect with alumni. We just started one and we have probably over 50% of our alumni on it. Of course we have a much smaller and younger alumni base than ya'll do.

TroyOi
02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
UPDATE: Hurst found somebody else to do it and it will only be $1000 for the website.

FHBrian
02-10-2009, 07:58 AM
I thought you could have it done for less that 3000. Glad you were able to find another option.