PDA

View Full Version : Not to be picky

formerlytsufan
10-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Why is the flash screen on the right side of the new troytrojans.com website showing a Troy State jersey? It appears this name change thing is going to take a while to iron out the kinks.

Hector
10-06-2004, 01:48 PM
As a "formerly tsu fan", why do you care?

:roll:

formerlytsufan
10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
As a "formerly tsu fan", why do you care?

:roll:

The name implies that I am the user formerly known under the name tsufan. The name in no way implies that I am a former tsufan. I decided to do that instead of changing my name to troyfan. :roll:

yoji
10-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Aren't most of us formerly "TSU" fans?

Sarahbelle
10-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I'll be a TSU fan until our wonderful university starts replacing old merchandise. Until then, the flag outside my home, car tag, alumni sticker, t-shirts, etc will let people know I'm a Troy State fan.

TSUWhiner
10-06-2004, 02:21 PM
I am tired of complaining about not getting new products..hell I still have my TSU car magnet on my car...and TSU Alumni tag frame as well..get it together you stupid book store..sounds like we have people that are lazy...how "bush league" I hate that word too! hehehe

Hector
10-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I'll be a TSU fan until our wonderful university starts replacing old merchandise.

They are starting to replace the merchandise already, Sarabelle. Shirts, magnets, caps, etc are already available.

faithintsu
10-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Just be patient people and you will have all the merchindise you want.

I am currently working with the University and Screentech too get an E-Commerce website for everyone too buy everything they want.

I will be trying too get this up online very soon. Wish i had a concrete day but I do not.

TrojanFan2
10-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Wish i had a concrete day but I do not.

You going to sell concrete too?

faithintsu
10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Blah - I meant Concrete date of when this will launch.

Sorry bout that.

Sarahbelle
10-06-2004, 02:57 PM
I'll be a TSU fan until our wonderful university starts replacing old merchandise.

They are starting to replace the merchandise already, Sarabelle. Shirts, magnets, caps, etc are already available.

But are they available anywhere other than the bookstore? I don't go to Troy very often so unless I can get it local or online I'm SOL.

faithintsu
10-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah that is the problem and that is what I am going too fix.

I am going too be bring all of the stuff you can buy at the bookstore, games, etc.... right here on gotroytrojans.com.

Troy91
10-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm glad somebody is taking the bull by the horns - I'll definitely purchase Trojan Gear!

faithintsu
10-06-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah it is something that we are tackling. There is alot of things that have to go into this so it is taking alittle longer then we thought it would.

But we are working to get it done ASAP.

littlebittyschool
10-06-2004, 04:52 PM
I'd like to buy 10 bags of Trojan Concrete.

Trojan Concrete: Just add water (or beer).

yoji
10-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Trojan Concrete

For all your Quad-replacing needs.

FRED_of_TROY
10-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Sarah, I've also seen new flags and car magnets, too. I don't know where to buy them, but I saw them on several vehicles this weekend. I'm sure they'll be available online as well.

TUEngineer
10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
There's a lot of new stuff in the bookstore in the TC.

tgrad8384
10-06-2004, 07:47 PM
I'd like to buy 10 bags of Trojan Concrete.

Trojan Concrete: Just add water (or beer).

I guess you just have to pour it into a mold rather than roll it... Never mind.

theman
10-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Do not raise hell with the bookstore. They are not responsible for the gear fiasco. If you would go back to replies to your previous posts in other sections of the board you would find information that directs your *****ing. The entire problem belongs to JH and the other visionaries that refused to take good advice from consultants and second/third tier management. There is your bullseye. Go after it Mr. get things done! Stop bashing the bookstore! They are good Trojans fans that have to operate within the boundaries the visionaries give them.

For the rest of the group, the merchandise availability is a licensing issue related to the same admin decision. There are about 100 companies that manufacture Trojan Gear and gift items. They can't make the product without the design. Our visionaries did not release the designs in time for the pipeline to get filled for this fall. Enough said!

Faith, if you can provide a portal with a SSL to move bookstore products that would be great. Problem is, the current store software is designed for textbooks and is a proprietary system. Figure out how to integrate to the system and update inventory and sales databases and you may have something. Otherwise, you can offer items for sale but you have to solve the problem of how to fulfill the orders. You may want to research athletics previous relationship with Junior Davis & Assoc., the company that had the link on the old athletic site. It did not go well.

faithintsu
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
There is no reason for me too link with the BookStore as this is going too be a fully functional operation that GoTroyTrojans.Com will be under taking with the backing of the university and athletic department. We are going too be our own store and have everything done by us.

I understand that its not the bookstore, and i do not belive anyone here is bashing them, what they are bashing is the entire ordeal of how this was done. They are bashing that they can only get the gear at the bookstore or a TU games. It definitly is not the bookstores fault. Eddie and his staff do the best they can with what they have and I always applaud them for what they do.

What we are going too do here is bring the entire storefront of the new Apperal and Accesories too the Internet so Trojan Fans everywhere can get the stuff they want.

theman
10-06-2004, 10:59 PM
My post about bashing was directed to Whiner, who has bashed the store on several occasions. Others that think the store is to blame also make negative comments. I just want to make it clear to the board the issue of merchandise goes to the top.

I hope you do get an online site going because we need one. But, I know you are not going to manufacture the product. Where will it come from? It will have to be a licensed vendor and you will need multiple vendors to offer a full range of product. Are you building a consortium of vendors?

Bottom line profit to the University will be a priority, so keep that in mind.

Look forward to seeing you again.

faithintsu
10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Yeah its definitly growing and a great challenge for us, but I think will be great for everyone involved as well as the TU Fans themselves.

troy1
10-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Is the campus bookstore open every Saturday? I will be passing through Troy this Sat. with our family on the way to Disney. I would like to pick up a few things.

formerlytsufan
10-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Is the campus bookstore open every Saturday? I will be passing through Troy this Sat. with our family on the way to Disney. I would like to pick up a few things.

The bookstore is closed on Saturdays except for gamedays. They are open until kickoff during gamedays. Sorry! :(

theman
10-07-2004, 11:10 AM
and every other Saturday from 10 until 3. Go to the website and check the hours of operation.

troymarkus
10-07-2004, 03:44 PM
The bookstore will possibly be the last place we go for Trojan Gear. From what Jeff told me, this thing is going to be awesome! I'm excited! Again, nothing against the bookstore (I used to work there once upon a time), but they just don't have the manpower, capability, or know-how to do what gotroytrojans.com is getting ready to do!

theman
10-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Building the site , etc. is the easy part. Providing the product is the part I am not clear on. Who is going to manufacture, ship and collect for product sold? Will multiple manufacturers be used or is this just a deal with Screentech? Screentech can't provide the adidas product or most of the other things people will want.

It would be interesting to know more about the strategy being used for the project.

troymarkus
10-07-2004, 03:56 PM
I'll let Jeff go into that if he wants. After having lunch with him today, I am confident that it will work. It will be by far the best source of Trojan Gear for those not in Troy. Heck, it may even be the best source for those in Troy!! The most important part is that he has the university's approval and support.

faithintsu
10-07-2004, 04:02 PM
This is going too be a place were you can get it all. Currently we are going too be having all of the screentech gear. We will be getting the list soon too expand too all manufactor's of Troy merchidise so we can provide everything for everyone.

Regarding the what, when, where and how; its all going too be ran here by us at GoTroyTrojans.Com.

No worries, it is going to be done correctly and we will do the best we can too provide everything that is avalible. But right now it is limited too screentech, which i know is not good, but we have too start somewere.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please e-mail me directly and i will answer them as best as I can.

littlebittyschool
10-07-2004, 05:11 PM
I've got a 3 month old who would love to dress in some little Trojan wear. All the bookstore had was some booties and they had TSU on them. Please look into stuff for the little guys and gals.

Thanks