PDA

View Full Version : TROY Shield Society -

Trojan1998
10-29-2008, 06:43 PM
The TROY Shield Society is the newly created donor recognition society for folks who make planned gifts (also called Legacy Gifts) to the University. The founding member phase for TROY Shield Society membership will run through December 31, 2008. The founding member gala/induction ceremony will take place January 30th and 31st on the TROY campus. This event is going to be a memorable experience and will culminate with the formal pinning and medallion ceremonies. The TROY Shield Society has been created in order to be the most prestigious of the donor recognition organizations associated with the University.

A planned gift is a gift that is made through some type of estate planning instrument, such as a life insurance policy, bequest, trust, charitable gift annuity, etc. What this means is that the donor does not have to make a current gift during the donor's lifetime which is distinctly different from other forms of giving. As with any of type of gift, a planned gift may be designated to fund any area of the University that the donor chooses (including athletics). To date, alumni and friends of the University of all ages (from early 20's to 90's) have come on board to make a planned gift commitment.

If you want to make a planned gift or learn more about the process (which is very simple), give my office a call or email. You might also want to send me a private message through this site. Keep in mind that the deadline to become a founding member is December 31, 2008. Planned gifts may certainly be made after that time, but the opportunity will be lost to become a founding member. My office number is (334) 670-5879 and my email is wsullivan26355@troy.edu.