PDA

View Full Version : FAU board discusses SunBelt Bowls

BMarkey
12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
The FAU folks are discussing our bowl. Some posters believe the Trojans are overmatched.

http://fausports.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1102987835&start=0

I chimed in.

Trojan1998
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Why are so many seemingly uneducated fans insisting that Troy will give up a lot of points to this NIU bunch? I've seen more than one person pick NIU to win this game and score in the 30's or higher. Unless Troy sleep walks into San Jose, NIU will not score anymore than any of our other opponents this season.

As far as NIU having more talent than Troy - GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Let's see how many Trojans on this team make NFL rosters compared to this current team from Dekalb, Illinois.

I have a feeling that the FAU folks are jealous of Troy for some reason. They beat North Texas, so they feel good about supporting UNT tonight against Southern Miss, but they get hammered by Troy, and as a result are going to root against us in our bowl game.

Hey FAU - home many homeless, school children showed up to your game against FIU last week?

troy4ever
12-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Who cares if we're the underdog guys? Isn't that what we're normally good at? And most games during the season we are favored as an underdog. I personally like it and could care less what FAU fans think. They need to be worrying about their own problems, like GETTING FANS TO THEIR GAMES rather than worrying about if we're gonna win or not.

TUrocks
12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
I haven't really seen or heard anyone picking NIU to put up points in the thirties other than NIU fans (wouldn't you expect them to as they have a top ranked offense) and that one Owl fan.

We are the new kids on the block. Like many of those NIU posters have been saying--"Troy who??? Where's Troy????"

We'll just have to show them!!!!

I have been looking at all kinds of stats on this game and Troy's defense and NIU's offense will be an equal battle. Troy's offense and NIU's defense will be an equal battle. These two teams are about even, just like the oddsmakers are saying. There is no way, unless one team or the other shows up sleeping, that one team blows the other out. I am worried about NIU's passing game against our pass defense.

I made my prediction on their board and I am sticking with this prediction:

Troy--18
NIU--17

Navarre Trojan
12-15-2004, 07:07 AM
has NIU favored by one, but the over/under is 47. That makes the score (theoretically) 24-23, so someone thinks they will score some points. I like the under on this, btw...

Troy 19 (cause we always find weird ways to score)
NIU 13

Let's Go Troy

BMarkey
12-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Hey FAU - home many homeless, school children showed up to your game against FIU last week?

What does homeless have to do with it?

You might want to check out Palm Beach County demographics.

Census records show that approximately 166,000 West Palm Beach-Boca Raton MSA families earn from $50,000 to more than $200,000 per year. The median income is almost $54,000.

Sarahbelle
12-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Do homeless participate in censuses?