PDA

View Full Version : Troy Charter Seats May Be Available Tomorrow

TSU-Baggs
12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey Guys, I know a lot of you have been wondering and talking a heck of a lot about Troy providing a charter for fans to SJ. Well, some of you in the Troy/Montgomery area may be in luck! I spoke to FW this afternoon at 5pm asking about the status of charter flights and she said that there is a real good possibility that approximately 70 seats may become available as early as tomorrow, first come, first served. I believe the seats are on the same plane as the band. Departure 12/28 or 12/29, returning immediately following the game on Thursday night....in another words, a red eye flight home. Cost for the flight, hotel and I believe a ticket to the game is $800 - $900 per person.

I know some of you think it should cost a lot less per person to charter a plane, but it's very expensive to operate an aircraft, especially one that can carry 200 or more people. I work for a major aerospace company and we have a business jet that we can charter if we wanted and it costs $2,500 per flight hour for an 8 passenger jet. So, just to fly from say Orlando to SJ, approx 4+ hours one way would cost $10K and that's just one way! So, you can imagine the operating cost of a large jet, say a 757 or 767. You would have to pack the plane and that might be possible, but you would need 100's of folks committed to taking the charter, other wise the school could be stuck with a huge bill. I mentioned to Faith how disappointed the folks on this board were, Troy's biggest fans, about why there was nothing being released from the university about what they were doing or not doing for the fans with regards to travel package which included air fare. She did say they tried to get a deal on charters for the fans and it was just too expensive. They also tried get airline deals, but no deals could be made. Hey, now don't shoot the messenger here....just relaying what she told me.

In any event, looks like some of you in the Alabama area may get your wish for a charter package. Hope it works out for those of you who can benefit from this latest development. I suggest you start calling Faith Ward in Alumni Affairs tomorrow morning if you're interested in the above. I'll be flying out via Orlando (thank God for sky miles) and be there on the evening on the 28th.

GO TROJANS!!

Nice Trojan
12-13-2004, 11:26 PM
I hope that works out for some of you still on the fence about going. Maybe that will push you to the going side. I think that this late in the game even if they did come out with a charter jet, most people already have their plans made. But for those of you still in the hunt, I hope that works out.

ICHR4TROY
12-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Has anyone seen any information on these charter flights. I don't see anything on any of the Troy Websites - Athletic or Alumni.

Troy87
12-15-2004, 09:35 PM
If this is the same thing I heard about yesterday, it's extra seats on a charter flight for the band and the "donation" is $900.