PDA

View Full Version : This Bowl Game is the Most Important Game of the Year

troymarkus
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
I think our bowl game is the most important game of the year. I know that sounds crazy...but it will go a LONG way in determining what kind of team we'll have next year. We can build a lot of momentum for next year with a win in the bowl. Also, winning this bowl game will do wonders for recruiting. There's nothing that can help us more than playing well and winning the bowl game when we talk to recruits. It also makes a huge difference in national exposure. It reminds people what we did earlier in the year. If we beat a MAC team, it also speaks volumes about where the Belt is compared to other conferences.

This game is huge. I have a good feeling about it. I think LB will have our boys ready. I look for DT to shine as well.

TUTrojan
12-13-2004, 12:07 PM
I can't believe we still have over two weeks until the game! I am excited to see what the boys will do. I saw glimpses of exciting offensive potential towards the end of the regular season. I am also convinced that DT has one of the best arms I've ever seen, including a closeup of Eli Manning last year at Auburn. Samples really started showing his potential towards the end with DT at the helm. Also, I noticed some tweaking going on down the stretch, like the sets were we put Betterson in motion out to the slot.

I know the defense gets all the glory on this team, but I think that the offense will take the spot light on Dec. 30th.

TrojanWar
12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
I whole heartedly agree markus. I hope we can build a big enough lead to get some of the youngsters into the game in the second half. They deserve the playing time just as well as the upper-classmen, and they are our future. Man I wish the administration could have done a better job of getting our fans out West. That too will have an impact on our future.

Tums
12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
The bowl has already helped recruiting. :D

nasupporter
12-13-2004, 12:35 PM
It is the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR !!!!!
Why can't the University still put together a package for the fsns???? This is absurd.

troystfan
12-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Talked to Alumni office (FW), said that no charter plane b/c too expensive. She said that chartering a plane was no cheaper than booking flights, it just provided common transportation at times we would prefer. So it looks like they sre not working on anything new.

Also said that the band charter had some seats available, but would cost ya. # for that info is 670-3773. I guess I ll stick with the $425 r/t tics out of Montgomery I got on my own.

troymarkus
12-13-2004, 06:24 PM
..but there are plenty of other threads about the travel...can we talk about the game on this thread? I'm sick of hearing about the travel stuff.