PDA

View Full Version : Charter package ? How about it??

nasupporter
12-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Is it possible that a reasonable charter package could still be put together?
Waiting on the Universities 'Special Package' was a bomb. Most of us can't even get a flight, or at least one that is affordable now.
I have a really bad feeling about our attendance and exhibition at the game. I think Troy will suffer in the future because of this lack of planning and small time approach to something this important.

The University should have chartered a flight and hotel for the fans at a reasonable rate. Plain and Simple,, We dropped the ball big time! The next time we find ourselves in this position,,I expect we will be overlooked or we must have a much great won/loss record to even be considered. It may be a long, long time before Troy finds itself in another bowl. (Hate to sound so negative,,but facts are facts)
I wish enough fans would call the Chancelors office, e-mail etc... and let them know that there are many Trojan fans who would jump on the charter. Are the Chancelors, AD, etc... offices really concerned about the average fan as long as they have their "Official University Travel Charter"? :x

TampaBayTrojan
12-11-2004, 10:51 PM
I got my travel arrangements through priceline.com (you can choose your flight time now) I bought mine yesterday for two people for under 1000. It included round trip, two nights at the wyndham and three days rental car...you may want to check that out....It is the cheapest that is available....

NIU92alum
12-12-2004, 12:34 AM
This is package NIU offered their fans... They chartered a 757. Not sure how many seats are on a 757.

Total Price $785.00 per person double occupancy. Includes all taxes, airport service, and fees
Package includes:
1. Round-trip charter airfare leaving the Rockford Airport at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, December 29 and departure from San Jose at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, December 31.
2. Round-trip ground transportation
Huskie Stadium Rockford Airport
San Jose airport hotel
hotel stadium
3. Two-night accommodations at the official NIU Team hotel (San Jose Hilton and Towers)
4. Admission to the Huskie official pre-game tailgate
5. Ticket for premier seating at the Silicon Valley Classic game
6. Reservations for the charter can be made by calling 815 753 6060.

nasupporter
12-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Sounds like some folks up at NIU got on the ball and wanted to get fans to the game. As stated before, it appears they (NIU) want to make this bowl business an annual event.

What were our folks doing? Jumping up and down sucking their thumb and waving our free pom poms! :roll: :roll:

You betcha' I'm a little upset and bitter about this 2nd rate attempt to act like a D1 program. :( :(

NIU92alum
12-12-2004, 03:10 PM
I just found hout today that the 757 holds about 200 people. It sold out pretty quick. I'd like to see them do one more plane.

nasupporter
12-12-2004, 11:16 PM
I just found hout today that the 757 holds about 200 people. It sold out pretty quick. I'd like to see them do one more plane.

200 people on the 757,,,,,
TROY NATION, If we couldn't fill up a couple of 757's
we don't deserve to have a BOWL TEAM! If only TROY UNIVERSITY would charter one and offer a package.
Can anyone explain WHY the University hasn't got something going for it fans, as NIU seems to be doing? This absolutely baffles my mind!!
Do we people running the show with no pulse?

NIU92alum
12-13-2004, 12:18 AM
It's not too late. I don't see any reason why Troy could not throw something like this together in a couple of days. That would be great if you guys chartered a couple of planes!

I think we could fill another one. One of my fraternity brothers is going - actually four of the guys on our alumni board are going together. One of them is very involved in NIU athletics and was on the "inside track". Apparently, this flight was sold out before they even announced it to the masses. That leads me to believe we could fill another one.

Troy and NIU fans are going to have a blast partying together before the game and bantering back and forth. I wish the hell I could go.

Sarahbelle
12-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Remember, the school does have a charter going, but not for us "low-tier" fans.

nasupporter
12-13-2004, 10:43 AM
The ""special"" is already full, Official travel party folks. Alumni office will help you get something out of Atlanta. I bet it will be a '''special''' price also!

Why does our University not provide a CHARTER for the rest of us FANS? This will be only the second game I will miss this season. I'm sick to my stomach!