PDA

View Full Version : Stat comparisons

Trojan_boy00
12-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Here are a couple of stat comparisons I posted on the Huskies' board after reading post after post predicting a win for them including scoring 30+ against our defense.

Your running back is the best we will have seen this year I'll give you that. However, our running back will be the second best you've seen (2nd to C Mich's back who you allowed to rush for 140yds {25 yards better than his season avg.}) yet we are excited to see Garrett Wolfe try to do his 'thang'.
We are excited because our defense comes as advertised we're ranked #7 against the run (the best you've seen this year against the run has been Bolling Green [#42]) We are ranked #17 total Def.
Our's will be the best defense your team has seen period. The next cloest to us is Maryland (#21 total def.) was a loss for you guys, followed by Iowa State (#35 total def.) also a loss*{special note MISSOU ranks #16 in Tot Def. (yes the MISSOU we beat)}. Our defense not only stops the run but is #1 in the nation in interceptions with 25 (4 more than the #2 team [undefeated Boise St.]). So go ahead and sell out to the pass and our DBs will have a field day (we returned 2 for TDs in our last game).
Troy's offense is decieving because our QB is a true freshman that won the starting job mid-season and missed most of the pre-season practices because he was playing pro baseball. This extra practice will be a help, not a hindeance to our offense.
I too believe that this bowl is being overlooked by many. However I believe the SVC Bowl has two very good teams on the rise playing each other strength against strength. I look forward to the match up and Trojan victory.

GO TROJANS!!!

I thought this was intresting and wanted you guys to see it too. They have not seen a defense anyting near our's. If we can just get a little offense we will win this bowl game convincingly.

GO TROJANS!!!

NIU92alum
12-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Trojan Boy...

You should post the NIU rebuttle to your post. It neutralized the good points you made. Both sides have impressive stats to showcase. Should be a good contest.

NIU92alum
12-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Here are the rebuttles...

"We scored 41 points, with our backup QB against Iowa St. And Iowa St.'s defensive numbers came against a majority of Big 12 teams, not the Sun Belt. Not putting your defense down, it is good, but we can score on just about anyone's defense, were pretty balanced in the pass and run. It is not inconceivable that we will score more than 30 against you."

Trojan Boy... "LSU, not a sunbelt school, gained 54 yards of rushing. Our D is the real deal.

GO TROJANS!!!"

NIU... "Those aren't really high powered offenses Troy's played there.

Here are the rankings of each the teams you listed in total offense and scoring offense:

LSU - 34th Total, 40th Scoring
MTSU - 57th, 67th
Missouri - 61st, 81st
S. Carolina - 62nd, 84th
Marshall - 84th, 58th

As you can see only one of those teams finished in the top half of all 117 D-1 teams in both total and scoring offense.

NIU was 14th in the country in total offense, 12th in scoring offense.

Unless they suffer a rash of turnovers, there is no way I see NIU being held under 24."

I will conclude by saying that, while your defense is formidable, holding LSU's 40th ranked offense to 24 points in a loss should not be your trump card.

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 05:03 PM
I will conclude by saying that, while your defense is formidable, holding LSU's 40th ranked offense to 24 points in a loss should not be your trump card.

You just killed your own arguement against our defense here. Using your own logic, LSU's numbers came against SEC opponents, not MAC nor Sun Belt (well, 1 Sun Belt team). So, you think LSU's offense would have been ranked as low as #40 if they had played your schedule? No way, no how. It's hard to compare numbers here, because they don't mean much.

TUEngineer
12-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Unless they suffer a rash of turnovers, there is no way I see NIU being held under 24."

Listen dude....that's what our D does....CAUSES turnovers....

oh yea...and sacks....

You run the ball...our D-line murders your RB's and they get tired....and fumble.

You pass the ball...our D-line murders your QB and makes him hurry the passes and the DB's take care of the rest...and get interceptions.

Your arguments are lame buddy....back to the drawing board.

TSU-Baggs
12-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Looking forward to watching the NIU posters eat a little crow after we SHOCK them too. And I don't mean that they will be eating Crowes chicken! :lol:

Sarahbelle
12-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Okay, since NIU has some wonderful offense, let's look at the defenses they faced this year:

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

So don't tell me how great your offense is when you can only win against some of the worse defenses in the country. We'll be the best defense your dogs have faced all year.

NIU92alum
12-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Should be a fun game then. We will be each others toughest challenge. I look forward to the contest.

TUEngineer
12-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Should be a fun game then. We will be each others toughest challenge. I look forward to the contest.

No...it won't be our toughest challenge...our toughest challenge(s) would be the likes of LSU, S. Carolina, or Mizzou....NIU won't even be a contest...

I'll release my prediction at a later date...but so far this year...I've been PRETTY damn good at the score predictions...

NIU92alum
12-13-2004, 11:59 AM

No...it won't be our toughest challenge...our toughest challenge(s) would be the likes of LSU, S. Carolina, or Mizzou....NIU won't even be a contest...

I'll release my prediction at a later date...but so far this year...I've been PRETTY damn good at the score predictions...

NIU won't even be a contest? Is that why the odds makers in Vegas have the game as a PK with a one point margin? Don't be a dumbass.

TUEngineer
12-13-2004, 02:12 PM
NIU won't even be a contest? Is that why the odds makers in Vegas have the game as a PK with a one point margin? Don't be a dumbass.

Truth hurts buddy...sorry, NIU will be another Idaho or Utah State....