PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea...

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Troy should open up Movie Gallery Stadium and broadcast the SVC Bowl on the Jumbotron. Let everyone in for free and we can have a true PARTY with all of the fans that can't make the trip out to San Jose. It's the least the administration could do after dropping the ball on the travel package for everyone that was depending on it for a good deal. I mean really, what would be so hard about that?

Tums
12-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Troy should open up Movie Gallery Stadium and broadcast the SVC Bowl on the Jumbotron. Let everyone in for free and we can have a true PARTY with all of the fans that can't make the trip out to San Jose. It's the least the administration could do after dropping the ball on the travel package for everyone that was depending on it for a good deal. I mean really, what would be so hard about that?
Something like that would not be announced until later. :wink:

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Something like that would not be announced until later. :wink:

Yeah, like the day after the game is played. That's about what I would expect at this point.

TUFAN
12-10-2004, 10:58 AM
TWar - I think that's a great idea, but instead of letting everybody in free, let them in with a Bowl ticket (perhaps let kids in free or 1 family per ticket). That should sell of lot of bowl tickets, I know I would come with the family for something like that - I wonder if ESPN would allow it?

TrojanFan2
12-10-2004, 11:01 AM
TWar - I think that's a great idea, but instead of letting everybody in free, let them in with a Bowl ticket (perhaps let kids in free or 1 family per ticket). That should sell of lot of bowl tickets, I know I would come with the family for something like that - I wonder if ESPN would allow it?

That would be a good idea. Might be better to have the game in the Trojan Arena.

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 11:06 AM

That would be a good idea. Might be better to have the game in the Trojan Arena.

That's a good idea as well. I don't think the bowl ticket idea would work. If we held onto our tickets, then they could not be used by the charitable organizations out west. I'm all for paying to get in, I just thought the free idea would be nice after how the administration handled this whole package deal.

Nice Trojan
12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I think it would be pretty cool for them to set it up at Movie Gallery Stadium. Free, I dunno, I have been associated with TROY most of my life, and nothing has ever been free. Our admin can't even spell free. But if they did allow people to enter and watch for free, they would definitly make it up on the concessions where you have to take out a small mortgage anytime you want a pretzel, Coke or snack of some sort.

Tums
12-10-2004, 11:25 AM
You are not discusing anything that has not already been discussed or thought of by the University Personell. Troy is not through offering all of its packages. Some just come before others.

PS Some of you can not take hints very well.

YJason
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
You recieve a voucher for all donated bowl tickets for free admission to the Gallery to watch the game. This gets tickets purchaced, tickets donated, and fans that couldn't make the trip a place to watch. Sell concessions, have t-shirts, give-aways, do one of those drawings for $10k...get people there to show your support.

Have cameras there to broadcast back to the game and show the players that people care.

Jason

NIU92alum
12-10-2004, 11:52 AM
You are not discusing anything that has not already been discussed or thought of by the University Personell. Troy is not through offering all of its packages. Some just come before others.

PS Some of you can not take hints very well.

FYI - personnel is spelled with two "N's" and one "L". NIU had travel package options offered to our fan base the day after the bowl was officially announced. That means the univerisity was making plans to support NIU fans (and Troy indirectly as higher attendance will make us BOTH look good) weeks ahead of time. That is the only way we could have been prepared to offer options to NIU fans so quickly. Perhaps we just move a little quicker up North.

I feel bad for the Troy fans. You guys have a lot of pride and spirit. You deserve better. Instead, Troy State sat on their hands while the fan base became frustrated and embittered. Now the university must scramble to make it up to the fans. What a train wreck. In the end, I hope Troy is successful in mobilizing their fan base out to San Jose.

Our alumni department is sending mass emails out to our 7000 living alumni who are California residents. Hopefully some of them make the trip. At least we are making the effort.

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Troy is not through offering all of its packages. Some just come before others.

Hmm...it is now Dec. 10th and they are not through? That's terrible planning in my opinion. When will the final package become available? December 29th? The University should not make offers, and then say they will make another offer to the fans later. That does not even make sense.

Tums
12-10-2004, 12:25 PM
NIU had travel package options offered to our fan base the day after the bowl was officially announced.
Hate to tell you, but I looked at the NIU packages when they where first released and they were not TRAVEL packages. The NIU packages did not provide TRAVEL to the host city from your school location either.

Henley12
12-10-2004, 01:24 PM
That means the univerisity was making plans to support NIU fans (and Troy indirectly as higher attendance will make us BOTH look good) weeks ahead of time.

FYI - University is spelled with 2 "i's".

Tums
12-10-2004, 01:55 PM

Hmm...it is now Dec. 10th and they are not through? That's terrible planning in my opinion. When will the final package become available? December 29th? The University should not make offers, and then say they will make another offer to the fans later. That does not even make sense.
You are not very business sense smart then. If you want to encourage people to travel you get that package together and then offer it first. Then you work on the at home packages and offer them when you get them ready. It is simple common business practice to do things that way. You do things to offer what you most want first and then move on to the other packages in that particular order. It is not required for a stadium club package to be released first since it does not require as much travel. Think with common sense about how things should be done and not what you personally want to be done. I suppose you would have rather all packages wait another week so you could have all of them at the same time. :roll:

gotroygo
12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Only problem I can think of with showing the game at Movie Gallery Stadium would be the sound. They'd have to find something other than the regular PA system since the game is so late at night (for Alabama, that is). Who knows, maybe the nearby neighborhoods wouldn't complain since it's our first bowl.

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 03:02 PM

You are not very business sense smart then. If you want to encourage people to travel you get that package together and then offer it first. Then you work on the at home packages and offer them when you get them ready. It is simple common business practice to do things that way. You do things to offer what you most want first and then move on to the other packages in that particular order. It is not required for a stadium club package to be released first since it does not require as much travel. Think with common sense about how things should be done and not what you personally want to be done. I suppose you would have rather all packages wait another week so you could have all of them at the same time. :roll:

I'm not going to argue with you, but none of what you said here makes any sense. Please explain in detail what packages have already been released. Apparently, if something has been released, then none of us have been notified. Basically, they have tickets for sale. I am just trying to understand the direction that our administration is going with this. It does not take a biochemist to figure out that everyone is upset at how it has been handled. So are you saying that none of us have good business sense because we have questioned why there are no travel packages available? Don't get hostile here, just explain the situation without riddles.

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Are we talking about the same thing? I am concerned about the travel package to San Jose, not a package for fans to watch the game at Troy. I hope we are on the same page, because I sense that we are not.

Nice Trojan
12-10-2004, 03:11 PM
I think what he is trying to say that is the university will not make public the fact that they will allow people to watch in the Gallery until they sell all the tickets they are going to sell. If some fans find out too soon that they can watch in the Gallery, then that might make up their mind to stay home. Meanwhile some fans are still on the fence about going, so the university is still trying to sell tickets to the game, not tickets to watch the game at the Gallery. I probably worded it worse. But I think thats what it is trying to come off as.

TrojanWar
12-10-2004, 03:23 PM
That's what I started thinking when I made that last post. My frustration is with the Travel Package. While I know I can't make the trip, there are like you said people still on the fence and most were waiting to see what the University had put together. Now that we are pretty sure there is no package, those fans are having to spend a lot more money than they had originally budgeted. I agree that now is not the time to announce plans for the fans to watch the game at a campus facility. I started the thread just with the general idea that something like that would be fun, and yes, I got the hint that something was in the works.

Now that we are all on the same page, or, uh, page 2 already, who all would attend an on campus party to watch the game?