PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased tickets through Troy U ticket office. $45

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
They have one size fits all tickets to the game and they are 45 bucks each. I bought 4, and with tax was like 185 something. Didn't get the location of the seats.. but she said all Troy purchased tickets are together and that they are expected to be great.

Mr. Ho
12-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Any number yet on tix sold?

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Didn't even think to ask that!!!! DAGNABIT! I should have done that.

Trojan1998
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I just bought my ticket from the ticket office at Troy - $50.00.

TrojanWar
12-09-2004, 11:29 AM
So, I noticed in another thread were Mr. Ho paid $35, Trojan By Birth paid $45, and now Trojan1998 paid $50. Anyone else noticing this trend? What gives? It sounds to me like the Troy ticket office has a lot in common with the airlines.

Trojan1998
12-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I've noticed on the Silicon's website that ticket prices are $20.00 (endzone), $30.00 (corner), and $45.00 (sideline/premium).

The tickets that the Troy ticket office has are the premium, sideline seats - plus a $5.00 service charge.

Maybe Mr. Ho ordered his ticket through the Silicon Valley ticket office/Ticketmaster?

TrojanWar
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
I doubt it. He has been adamant about everyone ordering from the University. That's what through me for a loop.

cville
12-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Just order 4 tickets. I was told all tickets ordered through Troy Ticket office are located behind the team and should be "Great seats". The tickets will be given out based on time of order. Best tickets go first.

She also told be only a hundred or so had been sold.

Now is the time to order.

She also told me the university is not offering a travel package. They have reserved some flights out of Atlanta on the 29th returning on the 31st. ($485 per person)

cville

Mr. Ho
12-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Should have put $45. Actually some lugnut bought my ticket at ticket office. He say I pay back with lap dance. Mr. Ho no lap dance any more though.

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Seriously? No travel package? I know the school aint going to do it's faithful like that are they? All week people have been waiting for a package and now there is nothing? Man... That upsets me.

formerlytsufan
12-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Just order 4 tickets. I was told all tickets ordered through Troy Ticket office are located behind the team and should be "Great seats". The tickets will be given out based on time of order. Best tickets go first.

She also told be only a hundred or so had been sold.

Now is the time to order.

She also told me the university is not offering a travel package. They have reserved some flights out of Atlanta on the 29th returning on the 31st. ($485 per person)

cville

What a joke! I would expect nothing less from our Division II caliber athletic department. Treat fans like this, and a hundred tickets is all you will sale. Someone dropped the ball on this issue, and we as fans suffer. Let me be the first to say thanks for preventing the "average" fan from supporting the Trojans in their first bowl ever.

Sarahbelle
12-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I agree, this is a slap in the face to all the fans and alumni who have been waiting for a package announcement. When only 100 people show up and the university looks like fools in all the newspaper articles and sports shows across the nation they will have no one to blame but themselves.

TrojanHoarse
12-09-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm torn in this debate. I don't think the main job of the Athletic Department is to be our Travel Agent, and I'd hope that any Trojan that could have gone to San Jose can use their college education to figure out how to do it without the AD. However, I do believe they have handled the fan and band aspect of this bowl poorly so far. Marketing/Promotion/Fan Support have not been the hallmark of TROY athletics. The Stadium is awesome and was handled well, but the new website leaves alot to be desired and the publicity/marketing/ticket sales/travel side of this bowl experience has not been great. However, now that I've said that it just hit me....why is the Atletic Department doing this anyway, their job is to win athletic competition on the field. Where has the Alumni Association been. Shouldn't they be the ones putting together travel packages, chartering planes, promoting alumni events in San Jose to draw more alumni support. Perhaps the blame is going to the wrong place. Maybe they are doing things I don't know about, but I am an Alum and have heard nothing from the Alumni Assoiciation......

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 12:13 PM
There is still 20 days to go. Something can be done. Is school still in session? Get TropolitanSportsEditor to hook up with the SGA or an alumni association real fast and publish a special edition Trop flyer about a travel package. If I had time, I would do it... The number to charter a plane through Delta is..
404-715-2428 Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm ET

If school is out.. then make the school host a link to a quickly made website talking about the trip.. get people to pledge to go like the U did with tickets. Get in touch with radio stations... make a public service announcement... All trojan fans who wish to go to the game go to www.whatever.com Since you are not for profit.. they should not charge you for this...
It is time to forget about relying on the U and for the fans to get together and do it themselves..

TUEngineer
12-09-2004, 12:17 PM
There is still 20 days to go. Something can be done. Is school still in session? Get TropolitanSportsEditor to hook up with the SGA or an alumni association real fast and publish a special edition Trop flyer about a travel package. If I had time, I would do it... The number to charter a plane through Delta is..
404-715-2428 Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm ET

If school is out.. then make the school host a link to a quickly made website talking about the trip.. get people to pledge to go like the U did with tickets. Get in touch with radio stations... make a public service announcement... All trojan fans who wish to go to the game go to www.whatever.com Since you are not for profit.. they should not charge you for this...
It is time to forget about relying on the U and for the fans to get together and do it themselves..

Today is the last day of finals....

Nice Trojan
12-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Where has the Alumni Association been. Shouldn't they be the ones putting together travel packages, chartering planes, promoting alumni events in San Jose to draw more alumni support. Perhaps the blame is going to the wrong place. Maybe they are doing things I don't know about, but I am an Alum and have heard nothing from the Alumni Assoiciation......

I agree. I think the alumni should be planning events to make sure the alumni have some social gatherings, pajama parties, drunkfests, wet t-shirt contests or whatever they want to do in SJ, but they should form something to do it together. If alumni associations start calling place sin SJ and making reservations for parties and events, then the bowl folks will know we are coming and taking it seriously. How do we contact the Nationla Alumni Assoc. director. I guess I could look at the back of my alumni card, but it is at home.

cville
12-09-2004, 12:23 PM
My only real complaint is that the University said travel packages were coming. I waited several days for them. By waiting I am paying $100.00 ($415 more in total)more per person to go.

I am flying from Atlanta to San Fran on the 26th and returning to Atlanta on the 31st. We are staying at the San Jose Hyatt on North First Street. Anybody else with similar travel arangements? I'd like to meet some of you while we are there. Us South Alabama rednecks may need to stick together in the land of fruits and nuts.

cville

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Nice Trojan.. You are big time Troy Alumni... make the call
HOW TO CONTACT ALUMNI AFFAIRS
You may write the Troy State University Office of Alumni Affairs at 161 Adams Administration Building, Troy, AL 36082.
Or, call (334) 670-3318, 1-877-4TROYST (1-877-487-6978).
Our e-mail address is alumdev@trojan.troyst.edu.

Nice Trojan
12-09-2004, 12:30 PM
HOW TO CONTACT ALUMNI AFFAIRS
You may write the Troy State University Office of Alumni Affairs at 161 Adams Administration Building, Troy, AL 36082.
Or, call (334) 670-3318, 1-877-4TROYST (1-877-487-6978).
Our e-mail address is alumdev@trojan.troyst.edu.

On hold right now with Alumni Affairs

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Nice Trojan.. Depending on what they say, I am willing to donate some after work time to helping put this thing together. I don't want to run it, but keep in mind that I would be willing to put in a few after work and weekend hours.

Nice Trojan
12-09-2004, 12:42 PM
I sat on hold for a little while, and got tired, so I sent an email. When I hear back, I will let you know. I offered to assist with anything I could do to get this thing off and running. I think they may be working on plans, but have not released them until they are finalized. Will know once I get a response.

Nice Trojan
12-09-2004, 12:47 PM

Big time alumni.......come on, I contribute the cost of my season tickets, my alumni association fees, a few programs, burgers, pizza and the cost of a few t-shirts to the school each year. So I wouldn't exactly call myself big time alumni. Now in 30 years when I have a jet that I can fly the chancellor and his posse around on then you can call me big time alumni. But at the rate I am going, it will probably be a few hundred years before that happens.

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Find anything out?

troyfan
12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Let me know what I can do to hepl. You got my number.

Trojan by Birth
12-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Got nothin so far. Looks like the U closed the door in the fans faces and are ignoring our knocking.