PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage

Paul of Troy
08-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Offensively:

Greer looked good but Chip Reeves stole the show. Cody Wilkes threw a couple of passes with really good accuracy after he settled down. Kicking game looks decent but makes me miss Whibbs even more. The line looked good as always.

The down side:

Everything else. Many dropped passes. Lot of mistakes. Jamie has improved upon last year but still needs work.

Defense:

Great day. Had 3 or 4 picks. Forced a couple of fumbles and returned one for six. Tim Lamb and the rest of the line are huge.

Didn't see much of Jernigan or Harris. Andrew Davis was not dressed. Tanner and Levi looked the same. Dan Parker showed some potential but also threw some really bad passes.

Man of Troy
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Mistakes and dropped passes are all part of these early practices...no need to worry Paul. Things will get better. I am excited about Chip though!

socrgoly25
08-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm excited about Greer! I mean, all we had to go on with him was his backstory and what he had accomplished pre-cancer. THE DUDE IS LEGIT!!!!

I'm super excited too because my Bernard Davis jersey can now be recognized as a Maurice Greer jersey at games now! Right on!

socrgoly25
08-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Quick question: Is there anywhere where they kept stats from the scrimmage today?

Tallahassee Trojan
08-09-2008, 03:56 PM
had a couple of pretty good hits. Also, #33 Wes Henry had a big hit on Hampton (I think)that jarred the ball loose. I vote for the rugby style punting, that spread punt formation makes me nervous and somebody always seems to get through and make it close (unless they roll out and kick it away). Only injury I saw was one of the #88's with a knee. Not sure who it was (maybe Williams) but he was limping to the locker room with ice on the knee, but he was going on his own. Hope he's ok. Saw a couple dropped passes, sacks, but if I remember correctly the defense usually looks a little better at this point in camp. Also, there was actually a little breeze, it turned out to be pretty nice considering it's August 9.

trojanbrutha
08-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Drew has posted some on his blog...

Burn the Horse
08-09-2008, 05:11 PM
who is wearing what number?

Tallahassee Trojan
08-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Garry Williams (WR). The #88 I saw looked 6-2, 170. The other #88 listed on the roster (Chris Davies, TE) is 6-6, 244. Also, looked like one of those quick screens to the outside WR.