PDA

View Full Version : Trojans Survive First Practice In Heat

Trojan2003
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Notes & Quotes
Thursday, August 7

Trojans Survive First Practice In Heat

On a day that was hot enough to make the devil sigh, the Troy Trojans took to the practice field Thursday morning to get ready for their first scrimmage of the fall.

The Trojans ran their daily drills before ending practice with a full speed, full contact 11-on-11 mini-scrimmage in the heat of the noon-time sun.

"If we can get everyone on board with what we want to do here, we have a chance to be good," coach Larry Blakeney said. "If we can stay healthy and if we can play up to our ability, I think good things can happen."

Coach Blakeney told the team to suck it up in the heat. He made the point that every team in the country is practicing right now. “If you give up a day, that is one day that your opponent outworks you.”

[...]

-> http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&ATCLID=1551195

CHughes1102
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Sounds like everything is going good!!! We need to have a good scrimmage on Saturday...

Charlie NT73
08-08-2008, 09:37 AM
The first Mean Green workouts were moved to the evenings because of the
heat wave here in Texas. Get this, at Fouts Field, 7pm Moday evening, at the
50 yd line, the measured temp was 108 degrees. Hopefully, the hear wave
will break with the remaining push by the tropical storm Edwardo. All of the
north Texas region has had triple didgit record temps for the past 15 days.
The medical staff and training staff are very concerned about the heat. The
training staff evaluates the players and coaches throughout each workout.
The weather pattern may be changing today due to a "cold" front coming down through Oklahoma and the remaining effects of Edwardo. Some rain
showers and lower temps predicted. I sure hope so because full contact work
begins this evening.
On the positive side of the heat wave, several of the players that were directed to lose some pounds are shedding the extra weight. So far, no heat related issues. All the players arrived in very good physical shape.

The Messenger
08-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm.....ready....for......football......season.... ..