PDA

View Full Version : FAU No. 7

akr14
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-0-124/Non-BCS-power-rankings.html

7. The Owls sneak in as the best team no one is talking about. Yes, it's a relatively new program, but it upset Minnesota last season, beat a talented Troy team for the Sun Belt title and then trounced Memphis in the New Orleans Bowl. Quarterback Rusty Smith is on the Davey O'Brien watch list after throwing for almost 3,700 yards.

TrojanWar
08-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Why is Notre Dame on that list? They are a BCS team. They may not be in a BCS conference, but they have a tie-in with the BCS. If you take them out of the equation, FAU would be #6.

WeSuck.com
08-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Let them keep reading this. We are gonna stomp Boca - write it down.

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I hate that these idiots never pay attention. If they would have looked those fau losers squeaked by last year. Upset Minnesota??? That's like saying beating UAB is an upset. Minnesota was horrible last year. Okie State stomped fau. ULM beat them.

Even with a 21 point 3rd quarter they still almost let us win. Give me a break.

Middle Tennessee W 27-14 Win by 7
at Oklahoma State L 42-6 Get stomped by a team that Troy stomped
Minnesota W 42-39 Barely win against a HORRIBLE team
at North Texas W 30-20 10 points
at No. 14 Kentucky L 45-17 Get stomped (compare Troy's and fau's SEC record and scores)

No. 6 South Florida L 35-23 Only respectable loss.
at Louisiana-Lafayette W 39-32 Win by 7
Louisiana-Monroe L 33-30 Lose to a team we beat 24-7
Arkansas State W 34-31 3 point win...Troy 27-0
at No. 12 Florida L 59-20 See...SEC
at Florida International W 55-23 The only blowout win
at Troy W 38-32 We lost the game ourselves
vs Memphis W 44-27 Come on...it's memphis

Why would you ever pick fau to be something dynamic next year...unless you were an ignorant moron. Especially since Howard Schnellenberger is nothing more than an old drunk that stumbles up and down the sideline.

OwlFamily
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM
I hate that these idiots never pay attention. If they would have looked those fau losers squeaked by last year. Upset Minnesota??? That's like saying beating UAB is an upset. Minnesota was horrible last year. Okie State stomped fau. ULM beat them.

Even with a 21 point 3rd quarter they still almost let us win. Give me a break.

Middle Tennessee W 27-14 Win by 7
at Oklahoma State L 42-6 Get stomped by a team that Troy stomped
Minnesota W 42-39 Barely win against a HORRIBLE team
at North Texas W 30-20 10 points
at No. 14 Kentucky L 45-17 Get stomped (compare Troy's and fau's SEC record and scores)

No. 6 South Florida L 35-23 Only respectable loss.
at Louisiana-Lafayette W 39-32 Win by 7
Louisiana-Monroe L 33-30 Lose to a team we beat 24-7
Arkansas State W 34-31 3 point win...Troy 27-0
at No. 12 Florida L 59-20 See...SEC
at Florida International W 55-23 The only blowout win
at Troy W 38-32 We lost the game ourselves
vs Memphis W 44-27 Come on...it's memphis

Why would you ever pick fau to be something dynamic next year...unless you were an ignorant moron. Especially since Howard Schnellenberger is nothing more than an old drunk that stumbles up and down the sideline.

Not sure why the hate on Schnelly, you have to admit hes done a great job everywhere hes gone with the exception of OU.

I think the Minnesotta win is an "upset" due to the fact we were the first team in the SunBelt to beat a team from that confrence. While they were a terrible team (and still might be) its still a win againt a BCS confrence, something the league desperately needed.

ULM was the wake up call last year, TBH if we dont lose that game we lose to you guys in the last one. That game woke the boys up and brought them into focus.

You are right about the NT and ULL games, those could of easily been losses. But we did win, and thats what counts in the end. Florida was a close game up until 1/2 time. The score was 20-10 UF at half and they were only up by 3 untill the last minute of that half. Coach pulled almost ever starter out for the second half to save them for the confrence battle. If our kicker had been even remotely dependable against USF, we would of won that game.

Okie St and UK were bad, no doubt we hadnt really hit our stride yet when we faced them. You guys caught us at our peak and made mistakes while we didnt. That was the difference.

Now top all of those close calls, and bring back almost EVERY player that played in those games, you should be able to see why FAU is the favorite to win.

tenaciousT
08-06-2008, 12:26 PM
wow, Paul of Troy, i think you are taking it a little personal!

remember 2 seasons ago when we barely squeeked by the conference and lost to a pretty crappy ASU team and MTSU blew the game and allowed us to win, and we beat a horrible rice team in NO Bowl?

just about the same story line that you just presented.

Do you remember all the hype we were getting, and it ended up being pretty well deserved? From the looks of it, FAU SHOULD have a great season this year... like a said SHOULD. I hope they do have a great season... with 1 loss- a beat down from the trojans!

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
There is no reason to assume that fau will do anything other than finish in the middle of the pack this year.

Yes, fau is returning many of their players from last year, a team that squeaked by the Sun Belt. May I remind you that this year the "grand champion" fau team will be going up against a much better overall Sunbelt Conference.

Every team except fau has improved. NT's offense should be better than last years. ULM caught their stride half way through last season. ASU is a team that should scare the hell out of anyone in the conference. And of course then there is Troy, who is the class of the belt. Even the muts improved.

fau's recruiting class and returning players are above average at best. So how are they going to dominate the Sun Belt this year?

Trojan2003
08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Others receiving votes: Bowling Green, Nevada, Troy, Ball State, Western Michigan.

TroyPremier
08-06-2008, 01:51 PM
There is no reason to assume that fau will do anything other than finish in the middle of the pack this year.

Yes, fau is returning many of their players from last year, a team that squeaked by the Sun Belt. May I remind you that this year the "grand champion" fau team will be going up against a much better overall Sunbelt Conference.

Every team except fau has improved. NT's offense should be better than last years. ULM caught their stride half way through last season. ASU is a team that should scare the hell out of anyone in the conference. And of course then there is Troy, who is the class of the belt. Even the muts improved.

fau's recruiting class and returning players are above average at best. So how are they going to dominate the Sun Belt this year?

With all due respect, how can you say this FAU team is not improved when they're bringing so many players back? The experience of this FAU team combined with last year's success is why they're getting decent press. Do I think they were a better team than Troy last year? No, but I know we're filling a lot more significant holes this year than they are. Teams are always expected to be much better when returning lots of players. That is just common sports knowledge.

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
With all due respect, how can you say this FAU team is not improved when they're bringing so many players back? The experience of this FAU team combined with last year's success is why they're getting decent press. Do I think they were a better team than Troy last year? No, but I know we're filling a lot more significant holes this year than they are. Teams are always expected to be much better when returning lots of players. That is just common sports knowledge.

fau is returning the same team they had last year. A team that squeaked by the conference. A conference that has drastically improved this year.

I'm sure some of fau's players have gotten better since last year but I doubt they are significantly better overall than last year.

So my point is they won't be squeaking by this year. They beat ASU by 3 points. ASU improved and IMO has a much more versatile QB and much better RB. So...common sense would dictate that the outcome will not be repeated. Therefore the majority percentage of what is going to happen is a fau loss. Why? Because fau didn't improve that much from last year and everyone around them did.

I'm not saying Rusty Smith is not a good QB. I'm just saying don't blow a fluke season out of proportion. It doesn't make sense to do so. If anyone would pay attention it is quite obvious that Troy is set to take over this conference.

We keep having the best recruiting and the best teams. Talent replacing talent. That's what it takes.

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM

Just an example. Would "common sports knowledge" dictate that Illinois was going to be a Rose Bowl team last year. Nope.

I guess my point is why write about something when you don't do the research. Because otherwise, you are just slinging crap everywhere that doesn't make sense. Anybody can throw some names and ranks around. Give me a break.

Troy_Nomad
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
FAU played a perfect game against us. We played our worst game of the season (with the exception of the second half against Ark and first haf against FL). And they barely squeaked by us. I know they are returning a lot of players, but so are we. Maybe not at the skill positions but it's not skill players that win games. It's the line. And we are loaded on both lines. Our defense will be better than last year. Our offense may not be necessarily better, but I believe will be more efficient. Our depth at running back combined with the best o-line in the conference will make our running game better than last year. I also think Jamie will throw less interceptions than Omar did in either of the last two years and he is just as talented a runner. If we have two turnovers or less, we win by two touchdowns.

TroyPremier
08-06-2008, 02:06 PM
fau is returning the same team they had last year. A team that squeaked by the conference. A conference that has drastically improved this year.

I'm sure some of fau's players have gotten better since last year but I doubt they are significantly better overall than last year.

So my point is they won't be squeaking by this year. They beat ASU by 3 points. ASU improved and IMO has a much more versatile QB and much better RB. So...common sense would dictate that the outcome will not be repeated. Therefore the majority percentage of what is going to happen is a fau loss. Why? Because fau didn't improve that much from last year and everyone around them did.

I'm not saying Rusty Smith is not a good QB. I'm just saying don't blow a fluke season out of proportion. It doesn't make sense to do so. If anyone would pay attention it is quite obvious that Troy is set to take over this conference.

We keep having the best recruiting and the best teams. Talent replacing talent. That's what it takes.

I have to disagree. I think you're looking at it completely wrong. Experienced players equal a better shot a success. A team full of juniors and seniors that were successful as younger players breed high expectations for success. Also, how can you be so certain that all those other teams have improved so much more during the offseason?

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I have to disagree. I think you're looking at it completely wrong. Experienced players equal a better shot a success. A team full of juniors and seniors that were successful as younger players breed high expectations for success. Also, how can you be so certain that all those other teams have improved so much more during the offseason?

Because I pay attention. How hard is that?

Recruiting, tendancies, sos, pf/pa, etc...

fau is not the only team with returning experienced players you know...

on that note as well...experienced players dont always give the highest chance for success...ask any program with a losing season.

TroyPremier
08-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Because I pay attention. How hard is that?

Recruiting, tendancies, sos, pf/pa, etc...

fau is not the only team with returning experienced players you know...

on that note as well...experienced players dont always give the highest chance for success...ask any program with a losing season.

Just to clarify, I think that Troy was and still IS a better team than FAU. Also, I understand that experienced players don't ALWAYS produce successful teams. However, if we're going to speculate, which is exactly what we're doing here, then I can understand why the press is going with the combination of experience and success that FAU is bringing into this season.

Regarding your research - please enlighten me. Seriously, I'd like to see how you quantify the gains that EVERY team in the Sun Belt made over FAU?

WeSuck.com
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Go get'em Paul. Boca was a mirage in a desert of fools. They beat us because we did what they will do this upcoming season...started to believe the hype.

socrgoly25
08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Related topic of interest:

Tampa Bay Rays (hardly any experience) are first place in the AL East.

New York Yankees (overpaid all star team) are sitting in third in the AL East.

Experience is great and all, but in the end it's going to come down to heart and the desire to win. I'm in no way instigating that FAU is overrated, but I am going to have to agree that they are in no way the world beaters everyone makes them out to be, let alone have cause for anyone saying they will give Texas a run for their money (???). While 2006 was our coming out party and we may have squeaked by some games there, you shouldn't forget that we hung in there against Florida State and Georgia Tech until the end too. Being a Trojan, I'd honestly be more interested in knowing what MY team is doing other than how bad my opposition may or may not be. If we take care of business, then they are an afterthought anyway. Let's do this!

tenaciousT
08-06-2008, 02:57 PM
you got too look at it from the Media's perspective... thats where all of these rankings are coming from. They have more returning from a team that beat us, that went on to put a beating on Memphis in the bowl game. Included in the returning starters is the best passing qb in the conference, and best defensive player (as voted on by the sunbelt). Why shouldnt they be picked to be the winner of the conference? They won all the games last year (squeaked by or not) and they are returning just about everybody! while we on the other hand are losing 2x offensive player of the year ect ect, our running back, our top reciever, two cb's. Of course the media and the conference is going to predict a drop off! We will have sophmore qb, a sophmore rb, and cb's w/out any starting experience! why should the media put Troy above the rest of the conference when we lost so much? our lines? come on... nobody ranks a team based on their lines.

I do believe we will have a very good team this year. Yes i believe we were better than FAU last year, and i believe we are better this year. Nobody knows how good our team is going to be this year except for those that have seen them on the practice field. And ESPN and other national media is not going to come out to Troy to watch practice to find out if a sophmore qb w/ little experience is going to be able to step in and replace one of the top producing qb's in the nation.

Like is said... Look at it from the Media's perspective... of course FAU is going to be picked over us!

FloriTrojan
08-06-2008, 03:29 PM

This has got to be the most moronic statement of the post-season. Pick on one of the best coaches in the country when you fail to make an argument.

Priceless.

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
This has got to be the most moronic statement of the post-season. Pick on one of the best coaches in the country when you fail to make an argument.

Priceless.

I like how you pick the one thing I said that has nothing to do with the actual topic and criticize that. If you will notice that was meant more to be satirical than serious. Now either put your big boy pants on and jump into the real conversation with everyone else or take your useless and idiotic banter elsewhere.

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
you got too look at it from the Media's perspective... thats where all of these rankings are coming from. They have more returning from a team that beat us, that went on to put a beating on Memphis in the bowl game. Included in the returning starters is the best passing qb in the conference, and best defensive player (as voted on by the sunbelt). Why shouldnt they be picked to be the winner of the conference? They won all the games last year (squeaked by or not) and they are returning just about everybody! while we on the other hand are losing 2x offensive player of the year ect ect, our running back, our top reciever, two cb's. Of course the media and the conference is going to predict a drop off! We will have sophmore qb, a sophmore rb, and cb's w/out any starting experience! why should the media put Troy above the rest of the conference when we lost so much? our lines? come on... nobody ranks a team based on their lines.

I do believe we will have a very good team this year. Yes i believe we were better than FAU last year, and i believe we are better this year. Nobody knows how good our team is going to be this year except for those that have seen them on the practice field. And ESPN and other national media is not going to come out to Troy to watch practice to find out if a sophmore qb w/ little experience is going to be able to step in and replace one of the top producing qb's in the nation.

Like is said... Look at it from the Media's perspective... of course FAU is going to be picked over us!

I understand that and I'm not saying you're wrong. My point is simply that if they do some research instead of assume then they would see how good our defense is going to be this year. They would see that we are never hurting for WR's. They would be able to intelligently speculate that DH and MG are going to be a great RB combination.

I understand how the media does things and once again I'm not saying you guys are wrong. My point is that it is these people's job to check their facts and research in order to write informative sports articles for their readers.

They obviously have not done that this time around.

Paul of Troy
08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Just to clarify, I think that Troy was and still IS a better team than FAU. Also, I understand that experienced players don't ALWAYS produce successful teams. However, if we're going to speculate, which is exactly what we're doing here, then I can understand why the press is going with the combination of experience and success that FAU is bringing into this season.

Regarding your research - please enlighten me. Seriously, I'd like to see how you quantify the gains that EVERY team in the Sun Belt made over FAU?

I didn't mean that every team has and if it lead on like that I apologize. I was generalizing. Most of the teams, however, are recruiting better, have more dynamic players, better defenses. Maybe few teams have combinations of these elements but fau is not an unsinkable ship mind you.

I'm just saying last year was a good year for the conference and this one should be better. Why? Because the teams generally have improved.

FloriTrojan
08-07-2008, 12:34 AM
You made a juvenile statement that sounded like sour grapes garbage and now you don't want to take ownership of it?

Maybe, next time, make your satire more clear.

Paul of Troy
08-07-2008, 12:42 AM
You made a juvenile statement that sounded like sours grapes garbage and now you don't want to take ownership of it?

Maybe, next time, make your satire more clear.

Are you an idiot?

From now on I'll put a foot note for people who don't understand complex conversation;

Or maybe you have something better to do than spread your comprehension issues all over an intelligent debate.

Maybe you're an closet fau fan who got his feelings hurt?

FloriTrojan
08-07-2008, 05:56 AM
There you go again, making another unintelligent, baseless statement about another person about which you know nothing.

TSU1997
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Guys, teams are ranked by how they played the previous year and how much experience they have coming back, especially exoerience at the QB position...FAU have all that and should get the preseason hype....But that all it is HYPE. the games have to still be played....If we went off preseason rankings and HYPE, FAU should have stayed home last year and not even made the trip to Troy because we had all the HYPE...but they came and the game was played on the field and they won...so we had the HYPE and FAU went to New Orleans....Sports writers have to pick a team from every conference to give the HYPE to and FAU has all the requirements to receive the hype. I know Troy will be a good team this year, but they have a new QB and a lot of young players so the media do give they the attention that they deserve..Hopefully after the first 4 weeks we Troy would have made enough noise to get the media's attention......

TSUWhiner
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Paul I have some things you can laugh at.

1. Some people at Troy DONT have a sense of humor Flori and Rah Duh Duh.

2. I am suprised we havent heard the word "bush league" on here

3. WeSuck.com is really funny (probably not a SOTSOSKMEMKRMKER member)

4. Being on a leadership group at Troy means you know everything and are far superior to everyone at the university even though your grades suck

5. FAU sucks

6. Troy improved this year

7. We lost to FAU last year

8. I just made some JUVENILE statements

9. Dont say Sunbelt sucks you may hurt alot of peoples feelings here

10. Paul said Howard is a drunk old man. Well he acts like it doesnt he..this is a very intelligent observation! Why havent any of you guys noticed? You stuck at home watching Alacrapa vs. Aublow???

love or leave it you better gain way...........(Ice Ice Baby)

Whiner

Paul of Troy
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM

1. Some people at Troy DONT have a sense of humor Flori and Rah Duh Duh.

2. I am suprised we havent heard the word "bush league" on here

3. WeSuck.com is really funny (probably not a SOTSOSKMEMKRMKER member)

4. Being on a leadership group at Troy means you know everything and are far superior to everyone at the university even though your grades suck

5. FAU sucks

7. We lost to FAU last year

8. I just made some JUVENILE statements

9. Dont say Sunbelt sucks you may hurt alot of peoples feelings here

10. Paul said Howard is a drunk old man. Well he acts like it doesnt he..this is a very intelligent observation! Why havent any of you guys noticed? You stuck at home watching Alacrapa vs. Aublow???

love or leave it you better gain way...........(Ice Ice Baby)

Whiner

Flori is just upset cus he knows I know his secret. Maybe he should go take some pictures and calm the hell down.

Thanks for the list!

OwlFamily
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM

5. FAU sucks

Whiner

In Regards to #6:

In all seriousness, and please dont give me the "I drink my Team's Koolaid" answer, How has Troy improved over thier team last year, as it counts towards the 2008 season? I know your lines are very expereienced and will be your strength but losing the personel that you have (Franklin, Omar, Leodis, etc...) hasnt the team got more then a few questions to answer, While the FAU question is can we handle the pressure to win and be the team to take down?

And I do realize that most of these comments are either tongue in cheek or specifically targeted to rile feathers. Thats a valid function of Message boards especially during the season and before a Head to Head confrontation. Im sure theyre will be some @$$hat FAU trouble makers on here the week of our game as well.

So in that spirit: :)

In regards to #5:

And we still kicked your arse, Took our rightful spot in the NOBowl, made you sit home and cry foul against the injustice of the Bowl Committies, and have brought more attention in less time to ourselves, and the confrence then you could ever possibly dream of.

;)

tenaciousT
08-07-2008, 12:13 PM
have brought more attention in less time to ourselves, and the confrence then you could ever possibly dream of.

how did you bring all this attention to the conference last year? i am pretty sure ULMonroe has you beat on that one. our schallacking of Okie State and our win against Mizz brought more recognition to the conference than yall did this past year. just because yall are on top after ULM and Troy got the big victories for the conference doesnt mean that FAU brought recognition.

socrgoly25
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
In Regards to #6:

In all seriousness, and please dont give me the "I drink my Team's Koolaid" answer, How has Troy improved over thier team last year, as it counts towards the 2008 season? I know your lines are very expereienced and will be your strength but losing the personel that you have (Franklin, Omar, Leodis, etc...) hasnt the team got more then a few questions to answer, While the FAU question is can we handle the pressure to win and be the team to take down?

And I do realize that most of these comments are either tongue in cheek or specifically targeted to rile feathers. Thats a valid function of Message boards especially during the season and before a Head to Head confrontation. Im sure theyre will be some @$$hat FAU trouble makers on here the week of our game as well.

So in that spirit: :)

In regards to #5:

And we still kicked your arse, Took our rightful spot in the NOBowl, made you sit home and cry foul against the injustice of the Bowl Committies, and have brought more attention in less time to ourselves, and the confrence then you could ever possibly dream of.

;)

Leodis will be a HUGE loss, but mostly just from his return ability, and even in that case, Jernigan may not miss a step (granted, he may not see the endzone as much as McKelvin on returns).

Other than that, there was room for improvement in EVERY aspect of our game last year, and we were still damn good. Omar was a great QB, no doubt, a guy who helped turn a program into the program it is today. Had he not succeeded then there's no telling where we would be right now. BUT, his turnovers were an extreme cause for concern, and if anybody can step in right out the shoot and cut down on the turnovers he made by at least half of his margin, then we should be even BETTER. So that's one aspect of us being IMPROVED!

Tony Franklin. Ahhh the most overrated argument out there. Everyone knew he wasn't going to stay here for the time that Coach Blakeney has put in here. The man was brought in to do one thing and one thing only, and that was to install his system and make sure it could function without him. Check. Coach Brown is more than capable of running the show, hell Coach Blakeney might even have a good enough grasp on it now to come up with some kind of killer hybrid of his former offense and the spread. Who knows? But while we may have lost the physical presence of our OC, the offense is still intact, I assure you. So that's another aspect to go against your argument!

Other guys that we've lost (Marcus Richardson, Elbert Mack, Gary Banks, Greg Whibbs, etc.). Of all of them, it is always hard to replace special teams, because you really can't just have someone step in off the street. The kicking game, sadly, can make or break a team. Funny thing is, I think we'll be fine, because we have seen dark times with our kicking game and still did well (see Whibbs in 2006). Gary Banks is a great guy and can make some of the most insane catches, but WR (along with CB) is a skill position that Troy has seen multiply with great athletes in the past couple of years. Speed kills, and you'll see that with some of our new guys. Kinda like FAU's guys last year. You may have never heard their names, but they are there and they are more than capable of taking over.

I'm sure there is some cute rebuttal about how you guys spanked our butts up and down the field last year (always found it funny when people beat their chest of domination when they barely eeked out a victory, but whatever, not going there). I said in a previous post I wasn't going to worry about my opponents and I shall stand pat on what I said. My Trojans are for real, I assure you. Thanks for warming our throne, we're here to reclaim it!

socrgoly25
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
how did you bring all this attention to the conference last year? i am pretty sure ULMonroe has you beat on that one. our schallacking of Okie State and our win against Mizz brought more recognition to the conference than yall did this past year. just because yall are on top after ULM and Troy got the big victories for the conference doesnt mean that FAU brought recognition.

Yeah, no kidding! Their marquee win was against Minnesota, whose lone win was against Miami (OH), and I really don't see any reason why they shouldn't have gone winless. Bravo! Is this the same banter you guys use to beat your chest to the Longhorn fans, because I'm sure they are impressed by it? Please, tell us about how you destroyed FIU one more time! I see no difference.

TSUWhiner
08-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I thought the MUTs were our rivals but now FAU is starting to look like some real tasty owl meat. Did FAU finally get rid of that low class high school stadium?

FloriTrojan
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
It's interesting that some of the same people who decry Larry Blakeney's alleged "cuz" comment and alleged actions at Auburn can then rip Schellenberger for alleged acts.

It's just not right.

I see this man a lot and have never witnessed him drunk or acting that way. He received national attention for his coaching and no more deserves slanderous
comments than does our coach Blakeney.

So, consider shutting your "mouth" until you know at least something about which you "speak".

Paul of Troy
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
It's interesting that some of the same people who decry Larry Blakeney's alleged "cuz" comment and alleged actions at Auburn can then rip Schellenberger for alleged acts.

It's just not right.

I see this man a lot and have never witnessed him drunk or acting that way. He received national attention for his coaching and no more deserves slanderous

So, consider shutting your "mouth" until you know at least something about which you "speak".

You are the biggest downer in the world. Not only that, you're a liar. You are in no way a Troy fan. You, "sir", are a fau fan. It is quite obvious and it has been quite obvious now for a long time. You claim that you are in fact a Troy fan...then turn around and bad mouth other Troy fans trash talking other schools in the conference in an effort to actually make rivalries matter. Then you glorify fau and their "hero" 900 year old "coach".

I guess you would prefer for this conference to be cordial right? Everyone getting along holding hands...hell, I bet we could all get together at the end of every game and sing each other's fight song!

Not only are you a grimey miserable old fart...but you start every "injustice" that is done to you.

So let this be my last response to anything like this...

I am a Troy Fan. I HATE FAU. They have damn near mentally disabled fans along with a fluke program that has been built up by the media who continues to glorify A DRUNK OLD HANGING ON TOO LONG SENILE "COACH" WHO IS REMEMBERED FOR WHAT HE DID. ---"Oh Noesss...don't get angry!"

Say what you will FloriOwl. It won't change a thing. You and fau still suck.

TU/JSU Fan
08-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Goodness.. Turning on our own definitely isn't how I saw this thread going...

I have read very little that would make me think FloriTrojan is anything but a Trojan Fan!

OwlFamily
08-08-2008, 07:37 AM
I thought the MUTs were our rivals but now FAU is starting to look like some real tasty owl meat. Did FAU finally get rid of that low class high school stadium?

Id love to have Troy as a main rival. Lord knows that FIU's abilities right now do not make for compelling rivalry football.

Kudos on the stadium zing, Lord I hate that thing. 2010 cant get here fast enough.

FloriTrojan
08-08-2008, 07:48 AM
OwlFamily: You are more cordial than that dolt deserves. "He" is not indicative of a typical Troy fan and I apologize for "him".

As for "him", the best thing he could do is shut "his" trap before "he" spews any further idiotic vitriol. 'Just pathetic.

OwlFamily
08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Most of this is in good spirited fun for the most part from what I see. Ill dish out more jabs once our matchup becomes closer. I REALLY dont get the Howard Bashing though, while his speaking style is a lil archaic, calling him a "drunk, who hanging on too long" is pretty stupid even for an inflamatory post. No offense to LB, but I'm sure he wishes he had the hardware that HS has. (2 superbowl rings, 5 Bowl rings, 1 national championship) LB's done great things for you guys and Im sure is the greatest coach in Troy history, but as far as accomplishments hes not even close to HS.

Hey this is the best and worst time to be a fan of your team.

Best- Undefeated and the season is full of hope and LOTS of Kool Aid is flowing.

Worst- The damn season hasnt started and were all jonseing and getting ancy.

jt45
08-08-2008, 09:24 AM

It's just not right.

Which side are you on FloriTrojan?

TroyFootball05
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
That's exactly right OwlFamily, nobody should be bashing Howard; he's a great coach who deserves all the credit for building a solid program so quickly. I look forward for a great season from BOTH the Trojans and the Owls, though I hope we beat the feathers off you guys when we play you guys.

Sometimes, we do the same things to our conference brethern on these boards that those BCS schools do to us. We hate it, yet we dish it out to other teams. Are we that oblivious to ourselves to think that we're that special? That we're NOT like fans from other teams? I hate to say it folks, but we're getting just as cocky and rude as fans from Arkansas and Florida. For a while last year, I really though we had it together, that we WERE a fanbase who could have a polite conversation on a message board. It's not just this thread, heck there may not be that many in here right now, but it's becoming a universal thing, especially with FAU, which leads me to believe it's an issue of sour grapes. Since we got ripped by FAU, all the sudden their coach is garabe. Howard IS a great coach. This year was not a fluke, they may not always a great team, but their program will always be on the rise. I'm sorry, call me an FAU fan if you'd like, I like to call myself a realist.

Charlie NT73
08-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Wow, I miss the "Good Old Days" when North Texas was the evil empire from
from Texas and all the SBC schools hated us.
Paul of Troy and FlorTrojan are two differnt football fans, with different views.
Calling one Troy fan out and ripping another Troy fan is not cool.
I do agree there are new rivals developing in the SBC. Looks like FAU will have
the big target on their back this season. FAU fans should take this as a sign
of progress. Now all the SBC teams will be motivated to take down the Owls
of FAU.

OwlFamily
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow, I miss the "Good Old Days" when North Texas was the evil empire from
from Texas and all the SBC schools hated us.
Paul of Troy and FlorTrojan are two differnt football fans, with different views.
Calling one Troy fan out and ripping another Troy fan is not cool.
I do agree there are new rivals developing in the SBC. Looks like FAU will have
the big target on their back this season. FAU fans should take this as a sign
of progress. Now all the SBC teams will be motivated to take down the Owls
of FAU.

Agreed,

NT had its target years, Troy and MTSU have had it for the last few, Now FAU has it this year.

This is my biggest fear this year, that our Owls are not looking over thier shoulders against some talentent SBC teams and only focusing on taking down the OOC "Big" games. My consoling thought is that if ANYONE can navigate a young, succesful team thru these dangerous waters its HS. He's got the expereince to show them how to stay foucsed.

According to camp hes already jumped on a few seniors who werent "maximizing" efforts durring gassers. Thats a very good sign that he is not allowing the boys complacency. He was quoted as saying that is his biggest fear as well as that its human nature to relax after a major accomplishment. So he's aware of it too.

Cant say Im fond of the target so far, Id much rather underpromise and overdeliver. 8-)

TroyFootball05
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Agreed,

NT had its target years, Troy and MTSU have had it for the last few, Now FAU has it this year.

This is my biggest fear this year, that our Owls are looking not looking over thier shoulders against some talentent SBC teams and only focusing on taking down the OOC "Big" games. My consoling thought is that if ANYONE can navigate a young, succesful team thru these dangerous waters its HS. He's got the expereince to show them how to stay foucsed.

According to camp hes already jumped on a few seniors who werent "maximizing" efforts durring gassers. Thats a very good sign that he is not allowing the boys complacency. He was quoted as saying that is his biggest fear as well as that its human nature to relax after a major accomplishment. So he's aware of it too.

Cant say Im fond of the target so far, Id much rather underpromise and overdeliver. 8-)

I like you OwlFamily. Don't let anybody on here be a jackass to you, and if they do, don't do it back. I know, I know, the "other cheek" theory. But seriously, all it does is make people say things they either don't mean or are too ignorant on the subject to say anything that has validity. Plus it takes up useful space and nobody wants to scroll though unintelligent banter.

I'm talking to Troy fans, Owl fans, gator fans, and whoever comes on this board to talk. Please, we're getting as bad as "the rest." Lets not do that, especially troy fans.

trojanred
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
This thread went similar on the flaming part as a recent one about Troy not being the #1 school for an alumni where Troy fans were bashing each other for not being "dedicated" enough. That holier than thou attitude is what we have always disdained about the SEC elitists. Now, we have another elitist attitude creeping in our ranks. That is the hate everyone but our team in the conference one. You can support Troy and have a civil discussion with fans of other schools. They are people and deserve civil respect just the same as if you met them in person. You don't go around smack talking at a restaurant do you? Maybe some of you get a kick out of being a jerk on a message board but I don't. I would think we are all mature enough to overcome such childish motives. We as a group should take a look at ourselves in the mirror. If we continue down this path of holier than thou attitudes then we become just another version of those we have loathed for so long. Let's cut the crap out and return to the respectful ways I have come to love about our program. We have class and respect for others. That makes Troy great on top of the athletic success. May we never lose sight of that.

OwlFamily
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I like you OwlFamily. Don't let anybody on here be a jackass to you, and if they do, don't do it back. I know, I know, the "other cheek" theory. But seriously, all it does is make people say things they either don't mean or are too ignorant on the subject to say anything that has validity. Plus it takes up useful space and nobody wants to scroll though unintelligent banter.

I'm talking to Troy fans, Owl fans, gator fans, and whoever comes on this board to talk. Please, we're getting as bad as "the rest." Lets not do that, especially troy fans.

No worries, I do take the other cheek theory. :-D

I do have a sense of humor, and can see that Paul of Troy and wesuck.com's post have a modicum of humor in them. They're just trying to stir the pot and work everyone up. Hey, its football season, were all stoked about our teams and think well be the ones to take it all.

Hell Ill bet even FIU is excited about thier season. ;)

Not sure why P o T is jumping all over Flori but hey that things between them.

Ill take my shots here and there, but always keep in mind its in the nature of good old fashioned ribbing. So far out of all the confrences Sunbelt members seem to be the most cordial to each other. We tend to share information and have discussions on how we can make our situation better. A rare thing.

Wow, I just my vomit from all the love being thrown around. :)

TroyFootball05
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
This thread went similar on the flaming part as a recent one about Troy not being the #1 school for an alumni where Troy fans were bashing each other for not being "dedicated" enough. That holier than thou attitude is what we have always disdained about the SEC elitists. Now, we have another elitist attitude creeping in our ranks. That is the hate everyone but our team in the conference one. You can support Troy and have a civil discussion with fans of other schools. They are people and deserve civil respect just the same as if you met them in person. You don't go around smack talking at a restaurant do you? Maybe some of you get a kick out of being a jerk on a message board but I don't. I would think we are all mature enough to overcome such childish motives. We as a group should take a look at ourselves in the mirror. If we continue down this path of holier than thou attitudes then we become just another version of those we have loathed for so long. Let's cut the crap out and return to the respectful ways I have come to love about our program. We have class and respect for others. That makes Troy great on top of the athletic success. May we never lose sight of that.

Thank you, you said the things I could not.

Really guys (and gals), who wants to be "like everyone else?" Doesn't everyone on here NOT want to be lumped into the same crowd as fans from other schools? I like being different, otherwise we're just generic fanbase #427.

FloriTrojan
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Moderators: Please remove post No. 40.

I have never hidden who I am, but prefer (as of last year, for personal reasons) not to be personally referred to whenever some idiot disagrees with what I write.

I could "out" quite a few of you, but would not stoop that far.

As for my allegiance, it has always been clear. But, I have always respected accuracy and taste in messaging.

Thanks.

Paul of Troy
08-08-2008, 12:59 PM
You are all ridiculous.

Now I know why other teams talk about how pathetic Troy's fans are. Because most of you will bend over and let anybody stick it to you. Are you all just a bunch of pansies with no pride whatsoever?

Have you all forgotten???????

The cheers from fau fans while Omar is hurt? The loud chanting during our senior ceremony??? Some of you may not have endured the fau players calling you names and laughing and cussing you to your face as they move up and down the sideline but I did.

So what was done about this??? Where were these "fantastic" fau fans to calm their own?

You all bad mouth and talk down to me like you have earned the right to do so. Like you are better than me because you sit on your butt and shut your mouth when the $h#& hits the fan. Pathetic.

I'm never afraid of people knowing who I am and how I feel about any topic. I'm proud of what I believe and stand for and I won't let a bunch of pathetic fair weather losers unearth my foundation.

So all that being said. fau blows. I'm pretty sure that Howard is not related to any of you...so he sucks. And fau still blows. Rusty Smith and fau both had a fluke year. FLUKE.

TroyFootball05
08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
You are all ridiculous.

Now I know why other teams talk about how pathetic Troy's fans are. Because most of you will bend over and let anybody stick it to you. Are you all just a bunch of pansies with no pride whatsoever?

The cheers from fau fans while Omar is hurt? The loud chanting during our senior ceremony??? Some of you may not have endured the fau players calling you names and laughing and cussing you to your face as they move up and down the sideline but I did.

So what was done about this??? Where were these "fantastic" fau fans to calm their own?

You all bad mouth and talk down to me like you have earned the right to do so. Like you are better than me because you sit on your butt and shut your mouth when the $h#& hits the fan. Pathetic.

I'm never afraid of people knowing who I am and how I feel about any topic. I'm proud of what I believe and stand for and I won't let a bunch of pathetic fair weather losers unearth my foundation.

So all that being said. fau blows. I'm pretty sure that Howard is not related to any of you...so he sucks. And fau still blows. Rusty Smith and fau both had a fluke year. FLUKE.

You have the right to your own opinion. I understand that, believe me. But getting mad only escalates into more arguments. It really doesn't help anything. What they say has no impact whatsoever on the football team's success. So what's the point? I'm not gonna get mad or upset or bowed up and defensive because you said I have no pride and I'm a fair weather fan because quite frankly, I have more important things to do than let message board fodder ruin my day. That's just how I work. I'm glad you stand up for what you believe in, but so do I. I'll be at every game this year except Oklahoma State, so I'm hardly a fair weather fan. If you weren't directing that to me, I apologize, sincerely.

If you believe something that I do not agree with, I will respect that. I'm just sharing my opinion on the subject. I don't think I'm better than anyone, so I'm sorry if you feel like I'm forcing my opinion down your mouths. It's great that you feel the way you do, you obviously love troy athletics very much, we need more people with as much enthusium, I just feel it could be put to use in better ways than bashing a good FAU program. Again, just my opinion.

As far as cheering for Omar when he was hurt, WE DON'T HAVE TO ACT LIKE THAT. I feel we are above that.

trojanred
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM
[/B]
You are all ridiculous.

How exactly is showing people the respect of not calling them childish names bending over backwards? I don't want to hear you say crap about Troy pride. I was wearing bodypaint at home games before you gave a rip about Troy.

I think it is logical and safe to say that those lowlifes are not the ones posting on this board. Also, taking out your anger towards the players on the fans on this board is beyond misplaced. That is downright foolish.

I would hardly call asking you to refrain from personal attacks as bad-mouthing you. Noone has to earn the right to ask another to have some dignity in their actions. Your treatment of people on this board that led to the so called "bad-mouthing" made the program look bad. Excuse me for caring enough about my alma mater to do something when I see someone bringing discredit to it. What exactly do you mean by sitting on our butts when things hit the fan? Are we supposed to pick a fight with the FAU football players when they cuss at us? That would look excellent on the front pages for the University's reputation.

Calling someone a pathetic fairweather loser for simply asking you to show some class is beyond immature. I will call it downright delusional. That attitude is precisely the one we complain about from the SEC elitists. We can support our program without being immature and attacking people. I guarantee you that will bring more respect and notoriety to the program than treating people like a-holes in order to be seen as a diehard fan.

Such an eloquently mature ending to an amazingly classy post. I applaud you sir for exemplifying what most of us have tried to fend off. The attitude you just displayed is not reflective of our great program. If that is the direction the newer fan base takes then it will be a shame for the rest of us. Call me a fair weather fan all you want but the rest can see through your rantings. I supported the program as an undergrad and grad student and will continue to do so as an alumni. I may not attend every home game or make the roadtrips but that does not make me less dedicated than the next person. It means I can't afford to do those things. I have to balance my support of the program against, dare I say it, more important things like my bills. Grow up and post more worthwhile stuff or find another forum for your animosity and vitriol. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing but there have to be limits on public venues such as this. I imagine you are pushing those limits.

Paul of Troy
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
[/B]

Such an eloquently mature ending to an amazingly classy post. I applaud you sir for exemplifying what most of us have tried to fend off. The attitude you just displayed is not reflective of our great program. If that is the direction the newer fan base takes then it will be a shame for the rest of us. Call me a fair weather fan all you want but the rest can see through your rantings. I supported the program as an undergrad and grad student and will continue to do so as an alumni. I may not attend every home game or make the roadtrips but that does not make me less dedicated than the next person. It means I can't afford to do those things. I have to balance my support of the program against, dare I say it, more important things like my bills. Grow up and post more worthwhile stuff or find another forum for your animosity and vitriol. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing but there have to be limits on public venues such as this. I imagine you are pushing those limits.

And here he is. The calm, intelligent, mature, voice of reason. How does it feel to point out other people's flaws?? Guess you don't have any...also don't act like I've never worn body paint. It's pretty easy to do.

Personal attacks???

Why don't you look up BMarkey/FloriOwl's last 500 posts towards me or anyone who disagrees with him. He flagrantly attacks and insults anyone who does so. Where were you then?

And of course that's what I meant! Let's attack the fau football players...give me a break. Now you are just being stupid.

I have done nothing other than defend MYSELF. I was a fan. Trash talking an opponent. Then people like you get on here and act like I'm killing your children or something. Grow up? How about take the corn cob out of your butt.

This is college football! I'm sorry if I am a fanatic about Troy football. I'm sorry that I lose my voice every game and spend 2 hours in the shower washing paint off. I'm so damn sorry that I have yet to graduate and apparently that is something horrible because I don't have a career or bills yet. It must be an ugly sight, a college student going to college. Last time I checked you don't just pay tuition and get handed a degree. I promise I'm working on it, please don't say too many mean things. You want to talk about growing up? Once again, pathetic. Keep your financial issues where they belong.

I don't see where btw you keep bringing up the SEC elitists attitude with reason? I believe there is a difference between that and being a proud fanatic. I don't talk down to the conference. I've only said one thing about one team. fau had a fluke season. What are you freaking out about?

So, I'm a horrible, self-righteous, ignorant, obnoxious, idiot who has to conform to the standards that you have set in order to be politically (and not to insult the freedom of speech) correct?

Get over yourself.

TroyFootball05
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
And here he is. The calm, intelligent, mature, voice of reason. How does it feel to point out other people's flaws?? Guess you don't have any...also don't act like I've never worn body paint. It's pretty easy to do.

Personal attacks???

Why don't you look up BMarkey/FloriOwl's last 500 posts towards me or anyone who disagrees with him. He flagrantly attacks and insults anyone who does so. Where were you then?

And of course that's what I meant! Let's attack the fau football players...give me a break. Now you are just being stupid.

I have done nothing other than defend MYSELF. I was a fan. Trash talking an opponent. Then people like you get on here and act like I'm killing your children or something. Grow up? How about take the corn cob out of your butt.

This is college football! I'm sorry if I am a fanatic about Troy football. I'm sorry that I lose my voice every game and spend 2 hours in the shower washing paint off. I'm so damn sorry that I have yet to graduate and apparently that is something horrible because I don't have a career or bills yet. It must be an ugly sight, a college student going to college. Last time I checked you don't just pay tuition and get handed a degree. I promise I'm working on it, please don't say too many mean things. You want to talk about growing up? Once again, pathetic. Keep your financial issues where they belong.

I don't see where btw you keep bringing up the SEC elitists attitude with reason? I believe there is a difference between that and being a proud fanatic. I don't talk down to the conference. I've only said one thing about one team. fau had a fluke season. What are you freaking out about?

So, I'm a horrible, self-righteous, ignorant, obnoxious, idiot who has to conform to the standards that you have set in order to be politically (and not to insult the freedom of speech) correct?

Get over yourself.

Ok, seriously, this is becoming a waste of space. Is there anyway we can set up a "smack talk" board where threads like this can be ported when they go south? If you guys want to argue, that's your own business, but maybe we can make to where they "leave the room" or "take it outside." Keep in mind I'm not saying anyone is a bad person. I'm not attacking anyone. I like everyone here, even those who are arguing. I just think if you're going to argue, take it outside.

socrgoly25
08-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Honestly I don't mind the bashing of opponents because it is part of the game and it happens everywhere. Even the harshest of words can come in good spirits. I assure you that Paul would be one of the first to shake the hands of his opponent at the end of the game as long as it stayed away from being a personal attack. When I see him bashing Coach Schnellenberger, I see it as nothing more than when Leno, Letterman, any late night host, comedian for that matter does when they mock celebrities and different personalities. If you aren't digging the program, just turn the channel I say. But when you guys turn around and begin questioning intelligence and true loyalties and how bad he makes the school looks, do you honestly expect him to say, "Derrrr you guys are totally right, I AM an idiot". I sure as hell wouldn't. Yall just need to hug it out and agree to disagree. The "Howard is a drunk old man" and "FAU sucks" banter was nothing more than competitive humor and too many people are easily offended on here. Move on guys!

Oh yeah...........

FAU sucks! lol

OwlFamily
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Want To Buy:

MUTS fan to make inflamatory post Troy Board to see PoT and Wesuck flame them instead of FAU:

:);)

TrojanWar
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Want To Buy:

MUTS fan to make inflamatory post Troy Board to see PoT and Wesuck flame them instead of FAU:

:);)

Please contact BlueRaiderPride aka Rainbow Bright. I'm sure he could spark a little friendly debate.

Troy87
08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Is RiTZ still allowed on here or did he get banned?!??

He would definitely incite some folks!

FloriTrojan
08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Maybe if Paul would admit he was wrong in making an unintelligent, uninformed, malicious attack on a great coach, he would be better received. But he digs himself in further, further cementing his image as an misinformed hothead.

He continues to embarrass what is generally considered to be a great, cordial, Troy fan base.

If "Paul" is so righteous and wants to stand behind his name, let him do it. Put it right here for us all to see, as you did with mine. Maybe he could show some stones.

Anyone who checked on my posts here would see that I only get into a "fight" when someone goes after me, or when some moron makes an attack such as the one referenced above. It has nothing to do with opinion and everything to do with decency and accuracy.

Paul of Troy
08-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe if Paul would admit he was wrong in making an unintelligent, uninformed, malicious attack on a great coach, he would be better received. But he digs himself in further, further cementing his image as an misinformed hothead.

He continues to embarrass what is generally considered to be a great, cordial, Troy fan base.

If "Paul" is so righteous and wants to stand behind his name, let him do it. Put it right here for us all to see, as you did with mine. Maybe he could show some stones.

Anyone who checked on my posts here would see that I only get into a "fight" when someone goes after me, or when some moron makes an attack such as the one referenced above.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Paul Thomas Weldon Eaton...<----is this what you consider stones???? Laughable. Many people on here all ready know who I am.

You're still the only person with a problem...in fact I've received many pm's about how much of a jerk you are from many people on here.

The people you consider morons are people that disagree with you. That's all.

You are the only person that thinks I embarrass this fanbase. If not...then other people need to speak up. Other people on here openly agree with me during these threads. I guess you ignore them because they are idiots too right?

You are also the only one that continues these arguements. Why? Because you're mad that you really are a fau fan. Not my problem. How about you tend to your job or family instead of spending so much time on here insulting people.

Let me ask you a question...do you personally know Howard? If not...then I'm pretty sure anything that is said about him on here is speculation or opinion. Two things that are very much allowed on a public forum.

Please, for all of us, tell us why you are the authority on here? Since when do you decide what is right and wrong? Why have you earned the right to set the standard for the entire Troy fanbase? Are you the AD? The Chancellor? The head coach? A dean? Anything with any authority whatsoever? Hmmmm....makes me wonder why you want to be right sooo bad all the time.

I also want to point out that this thread pretty much died until you came on here and once again called me out. You must either be itching for a fight or really bored. You keep getting angry and I keep laughing at you. So please if you wish to continue this forever, believe me, we can. I check the forums 4 or 5 times a day. I can respond to your crap each time.

Please do read over all the posts. You'll notice that I am defending myself from your personal insults 90% of the time. You constantly call me an idiot, moron, etc...then turn around and preach class and embarrassing the fanbase? A little hypocritical perhaps?

trojanbrutha
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Could we just agree to disagree and drop it...united we stand...divided we fall.

Stand united mighty Troy Trojans!

Paul of Troy
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Besides all that, not even the Owlfamily guy (whose coach I "maliciously attacked") is mad. You on the other hand...who supposedly isn't a fau fan...

kibben75
08-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Not sure why the hate on Schnelly, you have to admit hes done a great job everywhere hes gone with the exception of OU.

I think the Minnesotta win is an "upset" due to the fact we were the first team in the SunBelt to beat a team from that confrence. While they were a terrible team (and still might be) its still a win againt a BCS confrence, something the league desperately needed.

ULM was the wake up call last year, TBH if we dont lose that game we lose to you guys in the last one. That game woke the boys up and brought them into focus.

You are right about the NT and ULL games, those could of easily been losses. But we did win, and thats what counts in the end. Florida was a close game up until 1/2 time. The score was 20-10 UF at half and they were only up by 3 untill the last minute of that half. Coach pulled almost ever starter out for the second half to save them for the confrence battle. If our kicker had been even remotely dependable against USF, we would of won that game.

Okie St and UK were bad, no doubt we hadnt really hit our stride yet when we faced them. You guys caught us at our peak and made mistakes while we didnt. That was the difference.

Now top all of those close calls, and bring back almost EVERY player that played in those games, you should be able to see why FAU is the favorite to win.

hit your stride?
great teams dont hit strides, they win games beginning to end
no doubt schnelly has done and exceptional job at FAU, they are not longer at the bottom of the sunbelt, but they still arent the class of the field yet.

compete for the conference more than once then you can talk about being a team to beat.

If fau does something this year, great job, ok you won some games with a team that was on the field together for 2years straight, which i mean never happens and should mena you win games. But relistically when u put FAU's current successes in the league agaisnt what troy has accomplished its no contest...great job you beat minnesota..yea it was a BCS win...they are like the worst BCS conference team in america.

Play and compete with championship caliber teams and 2 SEC teams a year and still be able to compete in conference games and win the conference then you can be a team to beat..and be a considered the top of the class in the sunbelt

until then good luck FAU and keep trying you might get there one day

socrgoly25
08-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Florida was a close game up until 1/2 time. The score was 20-10 UF at half and they were only up by 3 untill the last minute of that half. Coach pulled almost ever starter out for the second half to save them for the confrence battle.

Down by 10, within reach of a LEGIT marquee win against an IN-STATE power and you give up?????? What kinda sense does that make?

CHughes1102
08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Down by 10, within reach of a LEGIT marquee win against an IN-STATE power and you give up?????? What kinda sense does that make?

Yeah either way thats sad. Its probably not true and they are making up excuses for losing, but if it is true then that is freaking pathetic.

socrgoly25
08-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah either way thats sad. Its probably not true and they are making up excuses for losing, but if it is true then that is freaking pathetic.

Yeah, great coach and program builder? Small programs only get so many opportunities to prove their worth against established national powers. Sun Belt conference titles, while great and all, can be achieved ANYTIME! It has to be an excuse.

OwlFamily
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Worked didnt it?

A 7 year old team, 2 years in division 1, beat up on the best in the confrence (This is true, you guys DID dominate everyone but us) that was predicted to finish 6th or worse, took the Bowl game and represeneted in NO.

For a new program, beating the confrence and going to a bowl, did more then "hanging" tough with Florida and putting a scare into em. And I know Florida would of beaten us even if we would of left the starters in. It just would of been a lot closer.

Hemi Man
08-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Worked didnt it?

A 7 year old team, 2 years in division 1, beat up on the best in the confrence (This is true, you guys DID dominate everyone but us) that was predicted to finish 6th or worse, took the Bowl game and represeneted in NO.

For a new program, beating the confrence and going to a bowl, did more then "hanging" tough with Florida and putting a scare into em. And I know Florida would of beaten us even if we would of left the starters in. It just would of been a lot closer.

If you knew they would have beaten you why even start the 1st string guys? Why not just save them for the conference games only? You had to be a little disappointed about him "quiting" so early.

Should Troy have quite the Georgia game after the two huge miscues to close out the first half? I'm glad they didn't. I can understand getting some work for the younger guys when you are down by 35 at the half, but not in a close game.

socrgoly25
08-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Worked didnt it?

Uh huh.........so you really believe that 20 years from now, people are going to remember your first (and only?) Sun Belt title????? Wow!!!!!! Congrats! I'm glad you had alot of faith in your world beating team to believe that they would NOT have beat Florida in that game. Closet Gator fan?

Hemi Man
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing if we ever play AU/UA and its close at half Coach Blakeney will play for the win.

OwlFamily
08-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm guessing if we ever play AU/UA and its close at half Coach Blakeney will play for the win.

Diffrence being you guys HAVE won a confrence championship, and a bowl game already. FAU had none of that. But we do now. :D

After the NOBowl win Howard changed his tune on the Body Bag games. He has no longer called them "advanced training", he has stated that from this point forward all OOC games WILL be gone after to win and not to survive and get expereince. Unless its a complete blowout, I imagine you'll see the 1st string in there all the way to the end from this point forward.

Burn the Horse
08-09-2008, 05:30 PM
wow, it appears to be official...FAU is now on the same level as Middle in the Trojan Nation Hate Meter. congratulations OwlFamily, your boys are Public Enemy Number One in The Empire! ;)

OwlFamily
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
wow, it appears to be official...FAU is now on the same level as Middle in the Trojan Nation Hate Meter. congratulations OwlFamily, your boys are Public Enemy Number One in The Empire! ;)

I like to thank the Academy for this great honor, and especially the FAU football team for getting it done when they had to which would has made all this hate from Trojan nation possible. I had also like to throw a shout out to PoT for his ravings on HS which have made this thread possible. ;)

Hemi Man
08-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I like to thank the Academy for this great honor, and especially the FAU football team for getting it done when they had to which would has made all this hate from Trojan nation possible. I had also like to throw a shout out to PoT for his ravings on HS which have made this thread possible. ;)

Owl Family, you may cheer for the wrong team, but you take all the jabs in the way they are intended. It's going to be fun getting after you this year. I will be coming down for the FAU game we will have to meet up and celebrate the Trojan victory. :D

OwlFamily
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Owl Family, you may cheer for the wrong team, but you take all the jabs in the way they are intended. It's going to be fun getting after you this year. I will be coming down for the FAU game we will have to meet up and celebrate the Trojan victory. :D

;)

And our game is many weeks out! LOL imagine what its gonna be like game week. :twisted:

Speaking of that where the hell are the MUTS? You guys are 3 weeks out from them and they are laying low. WTH is that all about?

OwlFamily
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Closet Gator fan?3

BTW I consider this by far the biggest insult against FAU and me in this thread.

LOL

FloriTrojan
08-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Paul Thomas Weldon Eaton...<----is this what you consider stones???? Laughable. Many people on here all ready know who I am.

You're still the only person with a problem...in fact I've received many pm's about how much of a jerk you are from many people on here.

The people you consider morons are people that disagree with you. That's all.

You are the only person that thinks I embarrass this fanbase. If not...then other people need to speak up. Other people on here openly agree with me during these threads. I guess you ignore them because they are idiots too right?

You are also the only one that continues these arguements. Why? Because you're mad that you really are a fau fan. Not my problem. How about you tend to your job or family instead of spending so much time on here insulting people.

Let me ask you a question...do you personally know Howard? If not...then I'm pretty sure anything that is said about him on here is speculation or opinion. Two things that are very much allowed on a public forum.

Please, for all of us, tell us why you are the authority on here? Since when do you decide what is right and wrong? Why have you earned the right to set the standard for the entire Troy fanbase? Are you the AD? The Chancellor? The head coach? A dean? Anything with any authority whatsoever? Hmmmm....makes me wonder why you want to be right sooo bad all the time.

I also want to point out that this thread pretty much died until you came on here and once again called me out. You must either be itching for a fight or really bored. You keep getting angry and I keep laughing at you. So please if you wish to continue this forever, believe me, we can. I check the forums 4 or 5 times a day. I can respond to your crap each time.

Please do read over all the posts. You'll notice that I am defending myself from your personal insults 90% of the time. You constantly call me an idiot, moron, etc...then turn around and preach class and embarrassing the fanbase? A little hypocritical perhaps?

You just don't get it. You started it when you made a slanderous remark about a coach (and, yes, I have met him), not OwlFamily. You defend yourself when you make each slanderous remark. You can't take the heat you create.

You made the personal insult about the coach and I called you out on it. You have no facts to back up your "drunk" attack and instead choose to go after me. You are just a blowhard and you dig in more and more with every post.

It would be funny if not so pathetic.

That's it for me.

socrgoly25
08-10-2008, 11:19 AM
You just don't get it. You started it when you made a slanderous remark about a coach (and, yes, I have met him), not OwlFamily. You defend yourself when you make each slanderous remark. You can't take the heat you create.

You made the personal insult about the coach and I called you out on it. You have no facts to back up your "drunk" attack and instead choose to go after me. You are just a blowhard and you dig it more and more with every post.

That's it for me.

I'm in no way trying to take sides here, but again, Paul was doing nothing more than providing competitive humor. That's great that you've met such a legendary coach. Kudos. Didn't you used to bash the "great" Nick Saban as well. Now, I hate that guy too, but somebody who knew him personally might not like what you had to say about him. How would you feel if that person were to make personal remarks about you? That's what I've seen go down and from there I think it's just gotten out of hand. Not all rivalries need to be civilized ya know? Come to think of it, how many actually are?

Paul of Troy
08-10-2008, 02:04 PM

You made the personal insult about the coach and I called you out on it. You have no facts to back up your "drunk" attack and instead choose to go after me. You are just a blowhard and you dig it more and more with every post.

That's it for me.

You need to be committed. Seriously.

I'm pretty sure I got it. I did spell it out. Apparently you can't read. Once again, not my problem. Like I said, you are the only one freaking out about this. Way to be a champion, psycho. I'm glad you met him, did you father his children?? I met President Bush, but I would have had to kill myself by now after all the crap that was said about him. That is, going at your rate psycho. I KNOW I made a jab at a good coach (god according to you). After all, I did it genius.

I like how you ignored most of everything in my last post and just continue to repeat yourself. Can't think of a response?? It's ok, I keep forgetting about your condition.

How about this...

Howard is nothing more than a hammered colostomy bag stumbling down the sideline. They had to hire someone to remind him where he is half the time. I also like how he has been wearing the same suits since his first head coaching job. He is the most overrated walking terd I have ever witnessed and has done nothing in his life worthy of recognition.

Thank you for your attention.

Paul of Troy
08-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm in no way trying to take sides here, but again, Paul was doing nothing more than providing competitive humor. That's great that you've met such a legendary coach. Kudos. Didn't you used to bash the "great" Nick Saban as well. Now, I hate that guy too, but somebody who knew him personally might not like what you had to say about him. How would you feel if that person were to make personal remarks about you? That's what I've seen go down and from there I think it's just gotten out of hand. Not all rivalries need to be civilized ya know? Come to think of it, how many actually are?

Don't waste your time. He will ignore this and continue on saying the same stuff. "'Paul' can't handle the heat. I want to have Howard's babies. fau is the greatest..." and so on...

FloriTrojan
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Paul: With every new post, you further cement your image as a piece of garbage. You even surprise me with your malevolence.

Socrgoly25: I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what we consider humor. Calling an arguably great coach a drunk (with no back-up) and "hammered colostomy bag" shows Paul's absolute absence of class.

Yes, I did call out Saban for being a liar, which was confirmed over and over in the media of South Florida and elsewhere. I made a statement based on fact. (And I can provide his quotes about not leaving the Dolphins and not looking for another job, contrasted by his actions, if necessary.)

I have no problem with opinion based on fact.

Hopefully, this is really it.

TU/JSU Fan
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow.. This has really turned out to be a mess... I am not sure why I am even still reading this thread as it has turned out to be more personal attacking than anything resembling the original thoughts of the thread.

socrgoly25
08-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Paul: With every new post, you further cement your image as a piece of garbage. You even surprise me with your malevolence.

Socrgoly25: I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what we consider humor. Calling an arguably great coach a drunk (with no back-up) and "hammered colostomy bag" shows Paul's absolute absence of class.

Yes, I did call out Saban for being a liar, which was confirmed over and over in the media of South Florida and elsewhere. I made a statement based on fact. (And I can provide his quotes about not leaving the Dolphins and not looking for another job, contrasted by his actions, if necessary.)

Well I mean, it is a message board. It's not like he's publishing the stuff and passing it off for any kind of profit or anything. It is all in jest I assure you. Think of it like a late night roast or something. I may call the dude senile based on his buying into a BCS berth this year. Now, I don't believe he is truly senile, but it is ran off of facts. Perhaps Paul is merely exaggerating different things he may have seen in the past with the guy. Obviously he's right about him being old, so that's not at all a stretch. Not all humor is PG rated. There's really no reason to take it personal. At this point, it has become a standoff between you guys personally just because of a misunderstanding and a misinterpretation of motive behind the tone in his joke. We generalize UAB with being rapists and conmen. Is that fair for a kid that may have had his stuff together that was on that team to be generalized with that? Everyone's guilty of it here at one time or another. There's really no need to freak out about it.

And just so Paul doesn't feel left out, I get where you are coming from man. I'm actually behind everyone on this board (except maybe MocFan, because I mean WTF?). I know that the only reason that this is still going on is because a backlash still remains. I'm not saying apologize, because I don't think you were wrong here, but the request in agreeing to disagree needs to come eventually just to end the fodder. Figuratively shake his hand and walk away, and if another dagger comes, then by all means retaliate by any means necessary.

Oh yeah.......

FAU and MTSU suck. Troy is still here and isn't going anywhere guys. And the REAL legendary coach, coach Blakeney, will lead the troops to victory. We're the past, present, and future baby!

Paul of Troy
08-10-2008, 08:51 PM

That's fine with me. In the real world you are just a sad, bored, angry little old man who talks big behind his computer. The fact remains that you don't really have any...what did you call them...stones. Your computer is your shield.

If I was a child of yours, for example your daughter, I would be embarrassed as hell to have some piece of trash as a father. A man that will not even admit his own wrongdoings but then expects everyone else to do so. It is ok though. Really.

I've had many people call me many things. In fact, a bum once insulted me because I would not give him any change. Believe me, that hurt me more, coming from a bum, than anything you say ever would. At least the bum made known who he was and what he really wanted. I respect that bum. You, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Admittedly though, many on here wouldn't want to either. Their identities are theirs to disclose.

This will be the last post in reference to crap like you from me.

Here is the situation,

I acted like a football fan. You, a psycho. You can try to spin it anyway you wish in that fairy tale land of yours...but it remains the same. So continue on taking pictures and being bored and lonely. Because at first I thought this was entertaining, our little thing, but now I realize that the only thing cementing my name to anything negative...is you.

Man of Troy
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I enjoy saying whatever I want...I'm a big fan of it.....real big fan.....sorry to offend anyone....keep on trucking Paul, shake the haters off.

Maybe everyone on this board should just not take this whole message board thing personal...because guess what....it is just a message board.

FloriTrojan
08-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Well ... we disagree again. I would urinate on you if you were ablaze.

'Anyone got a match?

... Oh, and you can find me at just about at Troy game (most regular posters here know who I am) and discover just how "old" I am.

TU/JSU Fan
08-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree to a point.. Paul's posts are PG rated and therefore really do not deserve deleting or banning. I just think that we should respect all of our Trojan Fans no matter who else they enjoy watching or cheering for. I cheer for Jacksonville State... That is supposedly a BAD thing because of the old rivalry, but you know what? I don't care. I can love both schools just as much as the other because I am an alumni of both.

FloriTrojan can have allegiance to both FAU and Troy... I mean he is paying for his daughter to go there, so if he wants to cheer for FAU then no one here has any right saying otherwise. I would be willing to bet that when Troy and FAU plays he cheers for Troy... Just from reading his posts he definitely isn't against Troy in any way, shape, form or fashion. Even if he wasn't paying for his daughter to go to FAU he does live fairly close to that particular University and if he wants to cheer for his hometown team then so be it. Who cares if they are in our conference? Who cares if they are turning out to be one of our bitter rivalries? Who cares in general? I sure as heck don't.. I mean if I were to say something negative about his cheering for FAU then I would be a pot calling a kettle black.

Paul, you seem like you are the person that is 'hiding' behind his computer screen. You talk all of this garbage, but in reality would you even say anything to FloriTrojan in person? You are very similar to the way that I was in college. I knew everything and I was a total 'ass' in message boards. Where did it get me? Nowhere... Man of Troy is exactly right.. This is JUST a message board.

Just talk it up all you want, but in the end you should try to show a little respect to ALL Trojan fans.. Or at least the ones that are main posters here..

FloriTrojan
08-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Mike:

FYI: I never called myself an FAU fan, although I root for the Owls when they are not playing Troy. Anyone who questions my Troy loyalty does not know anything about me.

TU/JSU Fan
08-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree with that statement 100%! I definitely would never question your loyalty to Troy. I would think cheering for them when they aren't playing Troy would make you somewhat of a fan! Being a fan of both is perfectly cool from my POV.

bigguyonright
08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
man i remember the time before this last one when fau was in troy. i got ole schnelly to give me the finger. apparently he didnt like being told he was dressed like a used car salesman and that the student section wanted 8 1988 nissan sentras haha.

socrgoly25
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Paul, you seem like you are the person that is 'hiding' behind his computer screen. You talk all of this garbage, but in reality would you even say anything to FloriTrojan in person? You are very similar to the way that I was in college. I knew everything and I was a total 'ass' in message boards. Where did it get me? Nowhere... Man of Troy is exactly right.. This is JUST a message board.

Just talk it up all you want, but in the end you should try to show a little respect to ALL Trojan fans.. Or at least the ones that are main posters here..

I assure you that if given the opportunity, Paul would tell anyone off in person. But you really should take a neutral stance on this one I think. FloriTrojan is far from innocent in this ordeal.

FloriTrojan
08-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Post removed by author.

BlazerUnit
08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
You are all ridiculous.

Now I know why other teams talk about how pathetic Troy's fans are.

Pathetic.

Quoted and noted. :wink: