PDA

View Full Version : MTSU Roll Call

BlueRaiderZone
08-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm just wondering how many of you will be making the trip up here to Murfreesboro. I know it's a Thursday night game. Last year the WKU fans used that as an excuse not to attend (only a 90 minute trip). I know Troy fans know what being D-1A is all about and I know you guys know how to travel well. I would assume most of you have already made preparations to be off work on Thursday and Friday.

On a related not, I think many of the SBC fans are now starting to choose traveling to conference games vs. non-conference games.

troyfan
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I'll be there. The 'boro is closer to me than Troy so I actually like it when Troy plays there. Since it is Labor Day weekend, even though it is a Thursday, getting off work should be no problem for most.

TU Rob
08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I would assume most of you have already made preparations to be off work on Thursday and Friday.

On a related not, I think many of the SBC fans are now starting to choose traveling to conference games vs. non-conference games.

If I hadn't just started a new job, I'd be there. Asking for a Friday off, and the Thursday afternoon before it as well, right before a holiday weekend, probably wouldn't fly.

And on your second point, I am looking forward to traveling to SBC road games. WKU isn't that far of a drive for me. Neither is MTSU. If we would just leave them on the weekends where everyone could come to them. I could easily make it to more than half of the schools. WKU, MTSU, ULM, UL-LA, ASU. UNT, FIU, and FAU are a stretch. Hard to do without flying.

Hemi Man
08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm working Thursday until about lunch and then four of us are coming up.

TROJANFAN26
08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Me and 1 more...maybe 2 more but not sure yet

tenaciousT
08-04-2008, 06:53 PM
i got two friends goin and i am hoping to go with them, but i still dont know how my work schedual is goin to be

FloriTrojan
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Getting off on a Thursday is not enough if you are coming from 600 to 1,000 miles away! We need at least a day before and after to make it.

These weekday games are killing fan support, all for the almighty "ESPN exposure."

Attention SunBelt: Keep the games on weekends if you ever want to see full stadiums!

Buzz Lightyear
08-04-2008, 09:51 PM
For those of us able to go.....any suggestions as to somewhere to meet after the game?

KAjunRaider
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
For those of us able to go.....any suggestions as to somewhere to meet after the game?

A good place would be Toot's (not far from Demos' Steakhouse). Wings, Nachos, ribs, seafood, some of the best burgers in town, cold beer, family atmphosphere (kind of like a Hooter's for the family but better food).

Toot's is located here (directions from the stadium): http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=860%20NW%20Broad%20St%2C%20Murfreesboro%2C%20TN&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

KAjunRaider
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Toot's Menu and website: http://www.toots.com/menu/

I carry out-of-towners there quite a bit. Ate there yesterday. Very good food and service. Been there for 25 years or so, and now they have about 4 or 5 more locations throughout TN, Ky, and Ohio.

Lowbacca
08-04-2008, 11:55 PM
The Sound will be in town.

Navarre Trojan
08-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Toot's Menu and website: http://www.toots.com/menu/

I carry out-of-towners there quite a bit. Ate there yesterday. Very good food and service. Been there for 25 years or so, and now they have about 4 or 5 more locations throughout TN, Ky, and Ohio.

we need a "Toot's" in Troy, ALABAMA! Although I think the Locker Room is going to be a GREAT ADDITION to the game atmosphere in Troy, the Toot's looks like a killer place as well. Already in two Sun Belt Cities, why not Troy?

KAjunRaider
08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
we need a "Toot's" in Troy, ALABAMA! Although I think the Locker Room is going to be a GREAT ADDITION to the game atmosphere in Troy, the Toot's looks like a killer place as well. Already in two Sun Belt Cities, why not Troy?,

They are very good about supporting the hometown university, too. The one in M'boro has a couple of UT-k items, but mostly MT stuff, and they give back to the university. I have been to the one in Bowling Green, and they have a lot of Western para"fan"alia.

I don't see why Troy wouldn't be a good location.

They franchise it, so who knows. Maybe a local Troy resident could talk to the owner at the one in M'boro. Ours is the first one, and used to be owned by Demos' Steakhouse (for those of you familiar with that restaurant).

The original name was "Tooter's", but Hooter's threatened to sue, so they changed it.

Many thought when Hooters came to Murfreesboro that it would kill Toot's business. Toot's just became stronger.

Paul of Troy
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I got one more coming with me.