PDA

View Full Version : Blakeney on Radio in Mobile

fiesty_red
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Coming in to work, I just caught the tail end of a phone interview Coach Blakeney did on our local sports talk station, WNSP. All I caught was Lee Shirvanian asking him about how Tony Franklin's offense was going to effect the D at Auburn. It was great to hear Troy mentioned down here in Bama country, but good grief, it's annoying when other these radio guys steal our thunder by bringing up the other state schools. Did anyone catch the whole interview?

Discophobia
07-29-2008, 10:35 AM
I caught all of it. LB did a great job. They spent most of the time speaking about Troy's tuff schedule and how the process works. They praised us for beating Missouri and OK State at Troy and said they understood why teams did not want to play us. LB praised Neal Brown and Wasden and the other coaches. They only mentioned Aubbie that one time and it was part of the talk about Brown replacing F$anklin. LB did a great job. I thought it was interested that LB said he was not involved at all in the schedule process. The interview that followed with Joey Jones about the Navy 4 game deal was a good one also.