PDA

View Full Version : Troy area rug

TroJam
07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Just an FYI. I talked to a rep at the Milliken Carpet company about the absence of a Troy area rug in their Team Spirit collection (available at Lowes) and she said that they are working on getting the Troy rug added to their collection. She said for me to call back about in 4 to 6 weeks to check on the progress.

The Team Sprit area rugs are 5'4" x 7'8" and are priced around $178 at Lowes.

Here's the link to Milliken's rug catalog. The Team Spirit collection starts on pg 91.
http://www.millikencarpet.com/Americas/Residential/AreaRugs/Product/Documents/54452cded08f47d9b69d42e4790f8c302007_Rug_Catalog.p df

TU Rob
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Great!

Any idea of what logo/design will be used? I'd love the TROY shield with the swords crossed behind it. Or the vertical sword running behind the TROY letters with the Trojans on the banner in front.

TrojanEmpire
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Great!

Any idea of what logo/design will be used? I'd love the TROY shield with the swords crossed behind it. Or the vertical sword running behind the TROY letters with the Trojans on the banner in front.

I prefer the shield if it ever comes to fruition

TU Rob
07-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I prefer the shield if it ever comes to fruition

I would too, but I saw where some schools had a couple of options. As long as they keep the Hector image off of it, I'll be happy.

Discophobia
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
They sell large rugs with the shield on them on ebay. Enter Troy Trojans or Troy University. I have never purchased one, but they are on there. Also look at the number of LSU and Ohio State v. Troy tickets for sale and the price!

Trojan1998
07-25-2008, 01:28 PM
They sell large rugs with the shield on them on ebay. Enter Troy Trojans or Troy University. I have never purchased one, but they are on there. Also look at the number of LSU and Ohio State v. Troy tickets for sale and the price!

I bet you're the culprit selling those LSU and OSU tickets!

TU Rob
07-25-2008, 02:05 PM

And the tons of Troy Polamalu jerseys. The guy has been out of college for 5 or 6 years now but still has about a dozen jerseys listed.

And if you search Troy State to look for older items, you'll get a ton of Troy Smith Ohio State stuff.

Burn the Horse
07-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I would too, but I saw where some schools had a couple of options. As long as they keep the Hector image off of it, I'll be happy.

I like the Hector logo, but I agree it wouldn't look good on this rug. I want the sword and shield logo.

TroJam
07-25-2008, 04:00 PM

I didn't see the large rugs on Ebay. All they were the the small 20" x 30" rugs/mats and those awful looking football, soccer and baseball mats. The rugs that Milliken has are the big 5 foot by 7 foot rugs. http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZtroyQ20universityQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ _mdoZ

By way the person I spoke to at Milliken didn't know what the logo would be on the rug. I would think it would be the "Cross-Sword Shield" logo since that seems to be the most recognized logo since it's on the helmets.