PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery: Preseason Pep Rally

Burn the Horse
07-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Tonight at 5:00 pm the Montgomery Area Alumni Association will be hosting a preseason get together for all Troy faithful. The event is being held downtown on the riverfront. Coach Blakeney will be making an appearance, along with elements of the Sound.

Anyone going?

jagd1305
07-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I'll be there. See you at the train shed.

Burn the Horse
07-24-2008, 09:21 AM
awesome, see ya there.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I really wanted to go but I had to leave this morning to go out of town. :(

SOTSButterfly
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
How did it go?

TUTrojan
07-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Good food. Short speeches by Robbie Farmer and Coach Blakeney. Not bad.

Coach did say that the most crucial thing in football is line play and that we were loaded on both sides of the ball.

Trojan1998
07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Good food. Short speeches by Robbie Farmer and Coach Blakeney. Not bad.

Coach did say that the most crucial thing in football is line play and that we were loaded on both sides of the ball.

He also said that the toughest positions to replace this season by far will be kicker/punter. He said that the major focus the first part of the season will be the MTSU game and the FAU game (I don't think he even mentioned LSU, Ohio State, or Okie State). He said that the gameplan for MTSU will be just to survive and get out of Murfreesboro with a win.

JonesOxygen
07-25-2008, 09:03 AM
What did Robbie have to say? Was he the featured speaker?

TUTrojan
07-25-2008, 09:09 AM
He also said that the toughest positions to replace this season by far will be kicker/punter. He said that the major focus the first part of the season will be the MTSU game and the FAU game (I don't think he even mentioned LSU, Ohio State, or Okie State). He said that the gameplan for MTSU will be just to survive and get out of Murfreesboro with a win.

He went out of his way to not mention the big games on the road. He wanted people to show up in Troy and on the road for conference games.

My wife and I were wondering while driving home why the two awesome Troy billboards in downtown Montgomery only focus on our big away games. These billboards are providing the casual fan an opportunity to learn about Troy, but is there something in place to bring them to the games we play at home?

jagd1305
07-25-2008, 08:11 PM
It's pretty much the same billboard they have everywhere. They have it up in Auburn again this year. I was a bit disapointed in the crowd turnout. We have alot of alumni in the Montgomery area and somehow we're just not getting the interest in our program and alumni association that we need for these events. Interest in the TROY program translates into butts in the seats for our sports programs. If anyone has some ideas as to how we can improve our alumni associations for these gatherings, please let me know.

socrgoly25
07-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Honestly, outside of the forum, I didn't see or hear anything about the pep rally. Did anyone else?

SOTSAlumBigGuns
07-25-2008, 10:09 PM
I got a letter in the mail about it. I hated I couldn't go.

CHughes1102
07-26-2008, 11:28 AM
He went out of his way to not mention the big games on the road. He wanted people to show up in Troy and on the road for conference games.

Hmm yeah he has been doing that alot here lately...quite possibly because coaches tend to do that kind of stuff, but wouldnt really expect that at a pep rally though.

Hemi Man
07-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe he wants to see some excitement about the Troy Trojans, no matter who is across the field.

SOTSButterfly
07-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Honestly, outside of the forum, I didn't see or hear anything about the pep rally.

Same here.