PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Regional

TU Rob
07-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know what channel carries the ESPN Regional broadcasts in the Birmingham Area? It keeps looking like I will not be able to make it to the MTSU game, and I wanted to make sure I can get the game on TV.

And does anyone carry the Big Ten Network? I don't think Charter carries it. I've been thinking of switching back to Satellite anyways, and if one of the carriers has it, I would think about switching to them to be able to see the Ohio State game.

I'm still hoping that the NT and ULM games get picked up by someone, although I don't think it will happen. I guess I can just hope for an internet feed.

CraigMack
07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know what channel carries the ESPN Regional broadcasts in the Birmingham Area? It keeps looking like I will not be able to make it to the MTSU game, and I wanted to make sure I can get the game on TV.

And does anyone carry the Big Ten Network? I don't think Charter carries it. I've been thinking of switching back to Satellite anyways, and if one of the carriers has it, I would think about switching to them to be able to see the Ohio State game.

I'm still hoping that the NT and ULM games get picked up by someone, although I don't think it will happen. I guess I can just hope for an internet feed.

I don't know about this year yet, but channel 68 usually carries the ESPN regional games in the B'ham area. Also, I have DirecTV and they carry the Big Ten Network in HD/SD and it's not in a package like ESPNU where you have to buy an extra package to get it...it's in their regular packages along with the NFL Network.

DirecTV is the way to go, especially if you want HD (100 HD channels +/-)

Rette
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Sunbelt TV Schedule (http://www.sunbeltsports.org//pdf5/133015.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=4100)

TU Rob
07-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the listing. Any of you DirecTV subscibers know if you get Cox Sports? If so, I'm making the switch. I could get the BTN and Cox Sports. I know I don't have either channel on cable. I'd love to be able to go to all of these, but it is a little hard to travel with a new baby. And the move to Thursday night of the MTSU game pretty much shot my chances at any road games this year. There is still a chance for the LSU game, but a very small one. If I know I can get it on TV, then I'd probably stay home to watch it.

TU/JSU Fan
07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
From the Cox Sports website:

Is Cox Sports Television available only on Cox Communications?
No, Cox Sports Television is a regional sports network that can be carried by virtually any pay television provider within a 350-mile radius of New Orleans.

That being said there is nothing on their site that mentions DirectTV or Dish Network so I would just about assume that you would have to pick it up through other means. There is a list of affliate stations, but none are actually in Alabama.

My grandparents-in-law have Direct... I will give them a call and see if they get Cox up in Boaz..