PDA

View Full Version : SEC Material?

TSUWhiner
10-03-2004, 05:47 PM
You know guys but I have noticed something..a trend that you guys may not have seen yet. Ok so we have played what 2 SEC teams I think and we are 2-2 correct? In the future we are playing Georgia, Florida, and LSU. We have been able to hang with South Carolina..beat and lose to Miss State..so do you guys think in the future we are ready to move to the SEC? or am I just stupid looking at this type of idea? Hell look at how alacrapa couldnt even score a touchdown on South Carolina! What do you guys think?

littlebittyschool
10-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Football maybe a big thing in getting into a conference and being part of one... but it ain't the only thing. If it was, Vanderbilt, Duke, Baylor, Kentucky, and several others would have been let go loooooongggg ago.

faithintsu
10-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Woo Woo Woo....

I think you are getting way way way way to far ahead of yourself. We have not had a Back to Back Winning Season yet in Div 1A, or even a Conference Championship, or bowl game.

We are by no means ready for the SEC or any other conference for that matter. Lets stay focused on this season and winning the Sub Belt and we will then look forward (many years down the road) to changing Conferences.

TSUWhiner
10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Your right..we are in a Sub par conference. Hell how convient is it that Sports Illustrated this week put in their little section of college football the top 10 conferences in the nation with the Crap Belt not even making the top ten..but yet over on the Sun Belt I hear that we have swept the MAC so far this year? And then those idiots on sports center are saying...yeah yeah..put Boise State in the SEC..blah blah..they wouldnt win. You know what? They would..I am glad small schools like Utah and Boise State are talking on the field. Plus they cant help the conference their in..it makes geographic since. Stupid reporters..I hate them all

littlebittyschool
10-03-2004, 08:49 PM
I hear them say the, "Put the (insert mid-major school here) into (insert big conference school here) and they can't win week in and week out". There's 3 things they negelect to think about when they make that statement:

1.) There are bad teams in every conference. Boise State would kill Miss State, Vandy, KY, and Ole Miss. Every conference has easy wins. I don't care what they say about "every team is tough and anyone can beat anyone from top to bottom."

2.) Half of the conference games would be at home. Herbreit's right that no mid major could go into Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Knoxville, Athens, etc and expect to run the table, but put those chumps on the Blue Field or in The Gallery and see what happens.

3.) Last but not least, give one of us "little bitty's" some of the resources of the big league and see what happens. The revenue, the TV exposer, the facilities, heck just being able to PLAY for a national championsip (BCS reference here) goes a long, long way in recruiting which is where all the good things start anyway.

They never mention these things when they talk about mid-majors and BCS busters and stuff.

Texas has about an 80 million dollar athletic budget which the vast majority of goes to football. Our budget is about 11-13 mil (correct me if I'm wrong on that one.) How much damage do you think TMTDM could do if we had that kind of cash?

TSUWhiner
10-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Well I am glad someone agrees with me on something. I am tired of hearing those stupid analyst running their mouths. I have been pushing for almost any team that is not the "BCS Beauty" know what I mean!
TO hell with the SEC..etc...:)

GO TROJANS

Henley12
10-04-2004, 09:04 AM
I believe we have played 3 different SEC teams and we are 1-3 against them. One win against Miss St., a loss to Miss St., Arkansas and South Carolina. Somebody correct me if I have missed one.