PDA

View Full Version : Week One Picks -

Trojan1998
07-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Alright. Enough of the poor mouthing of the Crap Belt (a.k.a. Sun Belt); let's talk about the upcoming games which are just around the corner. Here are my way too early picks with a Leonard's Losers theme.

Troy 23, MTSU 21: Troy has to hold on for dear life against a Blue Raider team determined to end two years of frustration against the Trojans. The Palladium trophy returns to Troy, but barely after a late field goal lifts the Alabama Soldiers past the Central Tennessee flying horses.

ULL 31, USM 28: The Cajuns spoil Larry Fedora's debut in Hattiesburg and leave the Black & Gold faithful wondering why they showed Jeff Bower the door.

Texas A&M 34, Arkansas State 20: Mike Sherman's maiden voyage in College Station will get off to a good start against the Wolves from the Arkansas delta. ASU almost upset Texas in this spot last season, so keep an eye on this matchup.

Kansas State 38, UNT 24: Year two of Dodge Ball has to get better; it can't get any worse. Expect a better Mean Green squad in 2008, but starting off in the Sunflower State won't be easy.

Texas 45, FAU 24: FAU has trouble on the road versus Power Six teams. Texas expects big things as usual in Austin and the Horns will look to come out big in game one. One thing is for sure... Mack's boys won't be overlooking Howard's dangerous flock of Boca Birds.

Kansas 56, FIU 10: The Swamp Cats travel to the Land of Dorothy to take on 2007's Cinderella. FIU will leave Emerald City licking some heavy wounds.

Auburn 49, ULM 6: Tony Franklin's spread comes to the Plains to see if he can duplicate his success from down the road in Pike County. Auburn has far superior talent to the Monroe Tribe and the Tiger defense appears to be just as good as ever. This visit to Alabama won't be as friendly as the last one that ULM had back in November.

Indiana 26, WKU 23: Indiana had a nice season in 2007 and hopes to follow that up with another bowl game in 2008. WKU introduced themselves nicely to the FBS world in '07 with a solid season that saw a heartbreaking loss to Troy. Beware Hoosiers; this bunch of Hilljacks from Bowling Green are very capable and could spoil things in Bloomington.

BlueRaiderFn
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't think ULM will lose by that much.

tenaciousT
07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
pretty good picks... but i gotta agree with Blu Raider Fan, ULM wont get blown out that bad. we saw first hand that it takes a few games to get that TF System rolling. I think Auburn will win but it will be more like 27-14

TroyPremier
07-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Nah, the tiger cubs will put at least 30 on the board.

tee-roy
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
"Auburn 49, ULM 6:"

49 is very doable for AU and TF. Whether they score that much is dependent on what they want to accomplish, such as get more players in the game, not embarrass ULM, not show too much early in the season, etc. Same on defense. However ULM will score more than 6 if for no other reason than AU will sub heavy on defense later in the game. While AU may not have the TF "ideal" players, they have some good athletes and TF can tweak his system to fit what he has.

That's what my plexiglass ball says anyway.

Hemi Man
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm not saying ULM will win, but I do believe they will turn some heads this year.

Can FIU be that bad again this year?

TroyFBFan
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Auburn and TF will score a lot of points. TF will want to show how well his O works, in other words they may run up the score.

OwlFamily
07-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Can FIU be that bad again this year?

Yes.

;-)

TU Rob
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Auburn and TF will score a lot of points. TF will want to show how well his O works, in other words they may run up the score.

And add to the fact that TF coached a couple of games against ULM in the past two years, so he has seen the defensive schemes that they run first-hand. And there is that little matter of ULM beating Alabama last year. Aubbie will want to run the score up on the team that beat their bitter rival. Just to rub it in.