PDA

View Full Version : Osi: 'I'm Alex Rodriguez'

Trojan2003
07-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Osi: 'I'm Alex Rodriguez'

-> http://www.bigblueview.com/2008/7/1/562317/osi-i-m-alex-rodriguez

It seems that maybe we have another New York Giant star angling for a broadcasting career.

I was shocked to turn my radio to ESPN this morning and find Osi Umenyiora subbing as a co-host -- that's right, co-host, not guest -- on 'Mike and Mike in the Morning.'

In the little that I heard, Osi was actually quite good.

He did say one thing that got my attention. Asked about Derek Jeter's standing in New York he compared him to Michael Strahan, a winner and "very beloved."

As for himself, he said "I'm Alex Rodriguez. All the talent, but no love."

Really? I was surprised to hear Osi express that sentiment. Do we not love No. 72? Is he really A-Rod, forever second in our hearts no matter what he does on the field?

Your thoughts?

Trojan2003
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Osi Umenyiora Rips Mario Williams

-> http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/07/01/osi-umenyiora-rips-mario-williams/

Michael David SmithPosted Jul 1st 2008 6:47AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: NY Giants, Texans, Houston, New York

Pete Prisco of CBS Sports came out with a list of the top 50 players in the NFL last week. Some of it was predictable (Tom Brady and Peyton Manning first and second), some of it was surprising (Kevin Williams in the top 10), and all of it was designed as a springboard for off-season arguments.

One of those arguments took place on ESPN Radio this morning, where Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora (No. 42 on the list) was a guest. When asked what about that list surprised him, Umenyiora said, "Mario Williams at No. 6." He then added, "This guy right here at No. 6 is just absolutely ridiculous."

It's easy to see why Umenyiora feels that way. Williams, the Texans' 2006 first overall pick, did have one more sack than Umenyiora last season, but is he really so much better than Umenyiora that he deserves to be 36 spots ahead?

Maybe, maybe not. But, again, these lists are really nothing more than conversation-starters, and if the list got Umenyiora to express a strong opinion, it did its job.

socrgoly25
07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Osi: 'I'm Alex Rodriguez'

-> http://www.bigblueview.com/2008/7/1/562317/osi-i-m-alex-rodriguez

It seems that maybe we have another New York Giant star angling for a broadcasting career.

I was shocked to turn my radio to ESPN this morning and find Osi Umenyiora subbing as a co-host -- that's right, co-host, not guest -- on 'Mike and Mike in the Morning.'

In the little that I heard, Osi was actually quite good.

He did say one thing that got my attention. Asked about Derek Jeter's standing in New York he compared him to Michael Strahan, a winner and "very beloved."

As for himself, he said "I'm Alex Rodriguez. All the talent, but no love."

Really? I was surprised to hear Osi express that sentiment. Do we not love No. 72? Is he really A-Rod, forever second in our hearts no matter what he does on the field?

Your thoughts?

Really, he was rather unfortunate in the fact that he didn't get to showcase his talents under our new identity, so he's kinda lost in the shuffle outside of us die hards I'm afraid. Even amongst us, DWare does seem to get a leg up in the competition it seems.

I did watch a little of that show today. He did a spoof on Shaq's rap that blasted Kobe, blasting Tom Brady. It was pretty funny.

JonesOxygen
07-02-2008, 08:15 AM
He is really just ticked that DeMarcus is listed at #9.

Sensible_Auburn_Fan
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Eric Kuselias was still giving him love this morning.

I have always wondered why he doesn't say he played at Troy when he introduces himself.

Anybody know?

socrgoly25
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Eric Kuselias was still giving him love this morning.

I have always wondered why he doesn't say he played at Troy when he introduces himself.

Anybody know?

Ehhh.....depends on when you are talking about. At a certain point in everyone's career, they really don't just bring up where they went to school. Like tell me where Jerry Rice went to school? Not many can just like that. It's not a dislike for his school or lack of pride or anything like that, just after a while, its really nothing to talk about. (there is exceptions, like people who are put into memorable situations, i.e. Vince Young at Texas).

Now, I do remember a nice little segment during the Pro Bowl where they sat Demarcus and Osi down together and all they talked about was their rivalry with each other on who was the better Trojan. Just a situation that stymies the argument that he never says he played for Troy. I really don't think he's going out of his way to not mention us, although, I really do wish that the school could get him and Demarcus back in Troy and honor them for their achievements. Just a personal opinion.

JonesOxygen
07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Miss Valley State?

Mike Cunningham
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Mississippi Valley State.

mc

socrgoly25
07-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Mississippi Valley State.

mc

Well of course, but you get my point.

TU/JSU Fan
07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Jerry Rice went to Mississippi Valley State (previous home of JSU's new basketball coach).

You don't hear Terrell Owens say that he comes from Chattanooga when he introduces himself either (or at least I haven't). You especially don't hear him say that he is from Russell Co. Alabama...

There are a lot that don't say the exact place they are from. Eric Davis (49er and many time Pro Bowler) never heard him say Jacksonville State University when he introduced himself on TV. I saw him play several times. Oh well.. A lot of these guys just say somewhere else (like Osi says somewhere in Africa...) I wouldn't give them to much grief..