PDA

View Full Version : CFN Troy Preview

TroyFootball05
06-27-2008, 10:31 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/756207.html

Trojan2003
06-28-2008, 02:50 AM
... Now the program is a bona fide non-BCS conference power. How many teams would love to be good enough to be competitive against Georgia and Arkansas? Who blasts Oklahoma State 41-23 in a game that wasn't even that close? The formula is working, and now the Trojans are among the favorites, along with FAU, to win the Sun Belt championship ...

Trojan2003
06-28-2008, 03:25 AM
2008 CFN Ratings (Troy vs FAU vs ULM)

OFFENSE

Quarterbacks

FAU - 8
Troy - 5.5
ULM - 5

Running Backs

FAU, Troy, ULM - 5.5

Receivers

FAU - 7
Troy - 5.5
ULM - 5

Offensive Linemen

Troy - 6.5
FAU, ULM - 5.5

DEFENSE

Defensive Line

Troy - 6.5
FAU, ULM - 5

Linebackers

FAU - 5.5
Troy, ULM - 5

Defensive Backs

Troy - 6.5
FAU - 6
ULM - 5

Special Teams

FAU, ULM - 6
Troy - 5

Trojan2003
07-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Okie State fans discussing CFN's Troy preview:

-> http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=54086

[...]

... They really need to take the whole last year's worth of frustrations and let it all explode in the Troy game. To heck with opening up a can on 'em - go for the whole case of whoop-ass. 60 minutes of beatdown. I want it to look like one of those cartoons where a pack of dogs is swirling around Sylvester the cat and every time he tries to sneak out, he gets yanked back in and pounded some more. I want Troy's players to leave BPS feeling like they just spent the last few hours playing in traffic on I-35 during rush hour, or they just walked into Yankee Stadium wearing a Mets jersey on Bat Night. Sorry, last year's game still irks me just a little. ...

[...]

TroyFootball05
07-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Okie State fans discussing CFN's Troy preview:

-> http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=54086

[...]

... They really need to take the whole last year's worth of frustrations and let it all explode in the Troy game. To heck with opening up a can on 'em - go for the whole case of whoop-ass. 60 minutes of beatdown. I want it to look like one of those cartoons where a pack of dogs is swirling around Sylvester the cat and every time he tries to sneak out, he gets yanked back in and pounded some more. I want Troy's players to leave BPS feeling like they just spent the last few hours playing in traffic on I-35 during rush hour, or they just walked into Yankee Stadium wearing a Mets jersey on Bat Night. Sorry, last year's game still irks me just a little. ...

[...]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Read post #7!!! That FACE made me laugh so hard!!!

TroyFootball05
07-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Damn, talk about some **** talking. These guys are PISSED.

troyboy2003
07-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Boy, they sure talk a good fight, don't they? That's fine. I can't wait to get down there with my jersey on and see who ends up going home crying. After going up against LSU and the OTHER OSU, we'll have enough under our belt to take those 2nd rate sh**kickers out to the woodshed and make last year look like a scrimmage game.

Burn the Horse
07-04-2008, 07:38 PM
hahaha, screw the Pokes. They talk too much. I would NEVER talk trash like that against a team who spanked my bottom so badly the year before. You can be mad, hell I would be...but I wouldn't gaurantee a victory. But, I guess that's just the elitest BCS fan hoop la la. They think they're better than us because we play in a Mid-Major conference. That's OK, I prefer mid-major ball. MM football just seems to have more heart, the players are playing for respect instead of television ratings and ill-placed pride.

I see us winning this one again this year. Oklahoma State comes out angry and overconfindent and we stick it to 'em behind the best offensive line in the Sun Belt and a passing attack that shows no drop off from last season.

Burn the Horse
07-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Here's their schedule coming into Stillwater:

1 Thur., Aug 28 @Middle Tennessee 1:00 PM ET
2 Sat., Sep 6 @LSU 8:00 PM ET
3 Sat., Sep 13 Alcorn State 7:00 PM ET
4 Sat., Sep 20 @Ohio State 12:00 PM ET
5 Sat., Sep 27 @Oklahoma State 1:00 PM ET

Talk about a helluva non-con! If they're healthy, we'll have to ratchet it up a notch for a team that's been to LSU @night, and the horseshoe. Thank god Haugabook's gone.

And Rx, please, please refrain from guaranteeing anything about this game this year. (you took your medicine afterward, though, have to give you credit, along with some grief)

this guy seems to be the only reasonable guy on their board.

TU/JSU Fan
07-05-2008, 08:17 AM
They think they are elitist because of that 400 billion dollar endowment (or however much it is...). They honestly believe that no one should ever beat them because they have money to have the best of everything. To bad it doesn't buy recruits because that is what they need right now.

bigguyonright
07-05-2008, 04:09 PM
so should we start taking bets on a gundy tirade after this years game? how bad will it be this year. TALK ABOUT ME, IM A MAN, IM 41!! HAHAHAHAH

Burn the Horse
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
hahaha, yeah!

TroyBandDad
07-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I wonder if their current QB gets hand fed by his mom?

bigguyonright
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
probably but i can almost guarantee he wont be seen eating popeyes chicken after this years game, haha, and if he is it should be the front page picture of their local newspaper