PDA

View Full Version : warm up those horns

D1Trojan4U
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
after talks with a high level admin today, the band is apparently going more b/c of the fact that there is a parade associated with the bowl game. Still not sure if there is going to be any on field time at half, but LB, Tony "the ferrat" Ferrante, Scott Farmer and company are supposed to be back from SJ today from press conference stuff. Look for bowl travel package info to be released soon as well.

Tom Green
12-07-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm not a big fan of parades, but if that's what it takes to get us to San Jose, put the poop-catching bags on the horses and let's go! Woo-hoo!

tupianoman
12-07-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm not a big fan of parades, but if that's what it takes to get us to San Jose, put the poop-catching bags on the horses and let's go! Woo-hoo!

LOL....yeah, parades aren't at all that fun but whatever it takes to get the whole band to that bowl game!!!

I think they said that each band gets 5 minutes at half-time.

arodgers
12-07-2004, 12:00 PM
I agree, parades are not much fun, but whatever it takes to get SOTS there, do it!!!! I am so excited!! Who would have thought last year that this year Troy Trojans would get a bowl bid!!! :D

tupianoman
12-07-2004, 12:06 PM
I know! It's soooo exciting. I can't wait to get out there and play the first note of the fanfare. It's going to be awesome!!! Whoop whoop!

FRED_of_TROY
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Calm down folks. I know that D1TROJAN is really smart and cool and all, but he isn't all knowing.

I'm not going to get excited until I hear the official word from Mr. Ford himself.

I won't even trust something on the official athletics site since they are saying the whole band will be at the pep rally and I know for a fact that it is just the pep band.

TroyFeatureTwirler
12-07-2004, 01:40 PM
How much longer are we going to have to wait? I can't take much more of this!!!!!!

Bret Hart Owns You
12-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Great news if this is true. Despite my arguments with certain members of the band on this forum, I respect and support the SOTS greatly. Show those NIU bastards how it's done! :P

Rah1919
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Thank ya much Bret. Love, peace, and hair grease.

TroyTuba
12-07-2004, 04:44 PM
What parade? There is no parade associated with this bowl game. There is, however, a pep rally in San Jose the night before the game the bands would have to attend.

Bret Hart Owns You
12-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Hair grease makes the man.

tupianoman
12-07-2004, 08:36 PM
How much longer do we have to wait until they say "YES!" we get to go?

Hopefully not too much longer. :)

JPSousa1898
12-07-2004, 10:19 PM
For those of you who wonder why the SOTS doesn't like parades...

It's simple... horse dung and marching up hill in the Troy Christmas parade, not to mention the LONG walk we make the day of the Homecoming parade. Those are not the most fun moments for the SOTS.

HOWEVER... like the rest of the current SOTS has said, if you take em, they'll play, and they'll blow the stands back 20 feet!

Please don't be mad at the band... they are just being honest with ya... they love Troy as much as the rest of us!

Y'all behave during the Holidays and be safe going to and coming back from the bowl game.

GuardGirlie
12-07-2004, 10:25 PM

It's simple... horse dung and marching up hill in the Troy Christmas parade, not to mention the LONG walk we make the day of the Homecoming parade. Those are not the most fun moments for the SOTS.

HOWEVER... like the rest of the current SOTS has said, if you take em, they'll play, and they'll blow the stands back 20 feet!

Please don't be mad at the band... they are just being honest with ya... they love Troy as much as the rest of us!

Amen! :D Thank you :)

JPSousa1898
12-08-2004, 12:24 AM
NP... Just spreading the SOTS love!

Tom Green
12-08-2004, 01:28 AM
One thing that might be holding the official announcement back a little bit is the fact that Mr. Ford's wife, Amanda, gave birth to their second child several hours ago. (It was a daughter, btw.) Congratulations!

JPSousa1898
12-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Aaaaaaaaah yes! Congrats to Ralph and Amanda!!!

We're all happy for you!

Bariphone2001
12-09-2004, 02:31 AM

Trust me when I tell you this, those two parades are nothing compared to the Rose Bowl Parade. If we do have to march in some sort of bowl parade, let us pray that it is as short as the parades we have here in Troy.

JPSousa1898
12-09-2004, 06:10 AM
OH! I promise you there's NOTHING more fun than a 5 mile parade with people trying to play "ring the sousaphone" with candy, hotdogs, or other things.

I remember SEVERAL of those from High School including 7 miles down Beale Street at the Liberty Bowl.

It's all good though... as long as you don't get blisters! LOL!!

Anyway, SOTS, do it with some extra BLOW and show the whole state of California what a REAL BAND is!

Trojans and Trojan fans, show them some good ole Southern Hospitality and a good ole fashioned ASS WHUPPIN!!!

I'll be rooting for ya all from Evansville, IN!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TROJANS! WOOOOOOOOO!