PDA

View Full Version : The Fab 5 From Garden City

Trojan08
05-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I am new to the forum, just wanted to say I am excited about the future of Troy football!!! But in reading all the threads I think it is safe to say, I am the only one excited about the FIVE players we signed from Garden City CC in Kansas!!!!

Daniel Sheffield 6-5 FS
DeMarcus Robertson 5-10 CB
Kedrick Manning 5-11 CB
Jorrick Calvin 5-11 CB
Maurice Greer RB

And I have been doing a little research on Robertson, He played in 12 games as a true freshman for FCS powerhouse UMass!!!! And in high school he was committed to Rutgers University!!! THIS IS BIG NEWS with the loss of McKelvin and Mack!!!!!

trojanbrutha
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Welcome to GTT.com...and here's just one on the threads in reference to 2 of the "fab five:"

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10163

Any of the threads that were on Greer look to be archived...one of the moderators may be so kind as to open one up so you can see we've had some pretty lengthy posts on the "miracle man"...someone has even likened him to Lance Armstrong...

Trojan2003
05-14-2008, 01:21 AM
- more threads:

Jorrick Calvin:
-> http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9321

Maurice Greer:
-> http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9436

Btw, we signed Kedric Manning from Kilgore College (TX) !

Trojan08
05-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Impressive Watch Demarcus Robertson's High school Video youtube.com/watch?v=FerKq8VSWo0 HE IS DEF. MORE THAN A TWO STAR!!!!!!!!!

ksdtrojan
05-14-2008, 06:26 AM
I am new to the forum, just wanted to say I am excited about the future of Troy football!!! But in reading all the threads I think it is safe to say, I am the only one excited about the FIVE players we signed from Garden City CC in Kansas!!!!

Daniel Sheffield 6-5 FS
DeMarcus Robertson 5-10 CB
Kedrick Manning 5-11 CB
Jorrick Calvin 5-11 CB
Maurice Greer RB

And I have been doing a little research on Robertson, He played in 12 games as a true freshman for FCS powerhouse UMass!!!! And in high school he was committed to Rutgers University!!! THIS IS BIG NEWS with the loss of McKelvin and Mack!!!!!
Welcome to GTT.com!!!

Looks like Roberson and Calvin could be the starters going into fall with no decision being made coming out of spring. We will see!!! I am definitely excited about both of these players. Our secondary is going to be stacked.

trojanbrutha
05-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Impressive Watch Demarcus Robertson's High school Video youtube.com/watch?v=FerKq8VSWo0 HE IS DEF. MORE THAN A TWO STAR!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FerKq8VSWo0

TU/JSU Fan
05-14-2008, 08:33 AM
We lost the 11th pick in the NFL Draft and we lost a Free Agent Signee to the NFL out of our Secondary, most people would say that we are screwed, but honestly... I think we are just reloading. Will they be as good as Leodis and Elbert? Probably not right at the beginning, but I bet our Pass Defense is JUST as good as last year because A) our LB Corps is STACKED, B) our Defensive Line is STACKED and C) The Secondary is just reloaded to what appears to be another AMAZING group.

People can say what they want about us next year, but we are going to be in the title hunt of the SBC and wouldn't shock me if we beat Ohio State and Ok State. Ohio state has trouble with Spread Offenses and Ok State is good, but I honestly think we are better than they are. LSU is different..... They could be great and blow us out or they could be "ok" and we could either win or make it close.

I will put it this way.. We are going to be IN every single game we play next year.. Win or Lose we won't be embarrassed in any of them.

Trojan2003
05-14-2008, 09:04 AM
We lost the 11th pick in the NFL Draft and we lost a Free Agent Signee to the NFL out of our Secondary, most people would say that we are screwed, but honestly... I think we are just reloading. Will they be as good as Leodis and Elbert? Probably not right at the beginning, but I bet our Pass Defense is JUST as good as last year because A) our LB Corps is STACKED, B) our Defensive Line is STACKED and C) The Secondary is just reloaded to what appears to be another AMAZING group.

People can say what they want about us next year, but we are going to be in the title hunt of the SBC and wouldn't shock me if we beat Ohio State and Ok State. Ohio state has trouble with Spread Offenses and Ok State is good, but I honestly think we are better than they are. LSU is different..... They could be great and blow us out or they could be "ok" and we could either win or make it close.

I will put it this way.. We are going to be IN every single game we play next year.. Win or Lose we won't be embarrassed in any of them.

We might beat LSU, they return only 10 starters and lost RP but Ohio State returns 18 starters, including James Laurinaitis who was awarded the 2006 Nagurski Trophy and the 2007 Butkus Award, Heisman candidate RB Chris Wells, top CB Malcom Jenkins (Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist), WR Brian Robiskie and senior QB Todd Boeckman (2007 All Conference Selection).

OSU DEFENSE:

The nation's No. 1 rated pass defense returns all four starters and the Buckeye's No. 3 rated run defense returns six of the front seven. This top defense will continue to win championships in Columbus (if all come back). nationalchamps.net

List of returning starters for Troy’s D1A opponents, according to Phil Steele.com :

1. Ohio State ( OFF: 9, DEF: 9 )
2. Florida Atlantic ( OFF: 9, DEF: 8 )
3. Florida International ( OFF: 11, DE: 6 )
4. Louisiana-Monroe ( OFF: 7, DEF: 8 )
5. Louisiana-Lafayette ( OFF: 8, DEF: 6 )
6. Western Kentucky ( OFF: 7, DEF: 6 )
7. Arkansas State ( OFF: 7, DEF: 5 )
8. Middle Tennesse ( OFF: 6, DEF: 6 )
9. North Texas ( OFF: 8, DEF: 4 )
10. Oklahomas State ( OFF: 7, DEF: 5 )
11. LSU ( OFF: 5, DEF: 5 )

TSU1997
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Fellas,

Ohio St. is returning 18 starters from the National Championship game....That mean something...It's called EXPERIENCE!!!! We play them with a new QB with very little game experience early in the season....We will play them hard and fight to the end but we won't win this one...I think LSU and Okie St are in trouble....If we stay healthy we will be in the hunt for the SBC

ksdtrojan
05-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Fellas,

Ohio St. is returning 18 starters from the National Championship game....That mean something...It's called EXPERIENCE!!!! We play them with a new QB with very little game experience early in the season....We will play them hard and fight to the end but we won't win this one...I think LSU and Okie St are in trouble....If we stay healthy we will be in the hunt for the SBC
While I agree with you on the experience point, I believe UGA was much more talented than Ohio State last season and we hung with UGA. I also think the Big 11 is overrated and that (IMHO) Ohio State was undeserving of the opportunity to play in the NC each of the last two seasons as was indicated by the way the SEC teams handled them. I still think we will hang with Ohio State and it will be a close game.

ugatrojan
05-14-2008, 09:21 PM
While I agree with you on the experience point, I believe UGA was much more talented than Ohio State last season and we hung with UGA. I also think the Big 11 is overrated and that (IMHO) Ohio State was undeserving of the opportunity to play in the NC each of the last two seasons as was indicated by the way the SEC teams handled them. I still think we will hang with Ohio State and it will be a close game.

KSD, I completely agree with you. I think we get Ohio State at the right time.... right after their emotionally draining game against USC. I think we have a really good shot to pull off an upset in Columbus!

GO TROJANS!

TroyFootball05
05-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I also think the Big 11 is overrated...

You mean the Big 2?

TroyFootball05
05-14-2008, 09:43 PM
KSD, I completely agree with you. I think we get Ohio State at the right time.... right after their emotionally draining game against USC. I think we have a really good shot to pull off an upset in Columbus!

GO TROJANS!

I think LSU will be our best bet to win out of the three big ooc games. LSU lost 3/4 of their starting secondary. Plus they have a new QB and DC. However, I think Appalachian State may beat them. If they do, LSU might look to us for redemption.

Oklahoma State will be better than last year. OSU is 2-11 away from home. That's horrible. But, they will playing in their own stadium and we won't have National TV pumping through our system. For whatever reason, we ALWAYS play well on tv.

ksdtrojan
05-15-2008, 06:02 AM
You mean the Big 2?
True!!! 1 + 1 = 2!!!!

Discophobia
05-15-2008, 01:30 PM
What is with the defeatist attitudes, if you look at it on paper and you listen to the so called experts a school the size of Troy should never defeat a team from the establishment! Well, that is BS! We have taken plenty of teams to the wire including LSU and beating other BCS teams. I know becuase I was there. I am of the belief that any game is winnable, if you think like a small time loser than that is what you will be! When our guys line up against Ohio State, LSU etc. they arent thinking about what the stats say they want to win and they have to believe in their hearts that they can win. As for me I believe! Yeah, sure it will be tough and will schock most, but I think it comes down to our QB play. Hampton performs and we are in it with anyone.

ugatrojan
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I think LSU will be our best bet to win out of the three big ooc games. LSU lost 3/4 of their starting secondary. Plus they have a new QB and DC. However, I think Appalachian State may beat them. If they do, LSU might look to us for redemption.

Oklahoma State will be better than last year. OSU is 2-11 away from home. That's horrible. But, they will playing in their own stadium and we won't have National TV pumping through our system. For whatever reason, we ALWAYS play well on tv.

As much as I hate to say it.... I highly doubt we can pull off a win in Baton Rouge. LSU reloads every year and we all saw what they did to the slow and much less talented Ohio State. I just hope we can keep it respectfull in Baton Rouge, and pull of a big win in Columbus! Come on Trojans!