PDA

View Full Version : e-mail from Faith about Leodis signing autos

RedEdgeTrojan
05-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I just received a system wide e-mail about Leodis signing autographs at Santa Fe on Monday May 5th from 6pm - 9pm. See e-mail below:

LEODIS MCKELVIN

Star Cornerback and the 2008 NFL

First Round Draft Pick of the Buffalo Bills

will be signing autographs

MONDAY, MAY 5, 2008

SANTA FE CATTLE COMPANY

1270 HIGHWAY 231 SOUTH

TROY, ALABAMA

6:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m.

Player photos, helmets and other autograph items

will be available to purchase the day of the event.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL

(334) 807-8484

TSUWhiner
05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
is this money being raised for Charity? or the university athletics?

Whiner

Navarre Trojan
05-02-2008, 05:09 PM
is this money being raised for Charity? or the university athletics?

Whiner

are you coming in from South Texas, or do you just want to pick a side? Does it matter? Your athletic department, or alumni association, or lettermans club or Pike County Alumni could all use a little fund raising help along with any civic charity that might be sponsoring the event. Besides, nowhere does it say you have to buy something to get his autograph, just that there would be items available.

Gosh Whiner, you beat all sometimes!

TSUWhiner
05-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I asked a simple little question and I got a very stupid response. Should you be on your farm land making crop circles?

Whiner

Burn the Horse
05-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Yea, I gotta agree with Whiner. He was just asking a question my friend.

socrgoly25
05-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Probably the last time I'll get to see him in person face to face. I wish him only the best of luck in the future! He will be a great ambassador for our university!

https://mail.troy.edu/wm/mail/genimage.jpe?sessionid=0c339a76efefb6a01d63ee0defe 43ea18&uid=2998&off=1358&len=200586&enc=1&typ=1&mbox=user.phayden

Burn the Horse
05-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey Preston, WSFA channel 12 news in Montgomery got you on camera taking that picture. Congrats bud, you're a celeb.

socrgoly25
05-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey Preston, WSFA channel 12 news in Montgomery got you on camera taking that picture. Congrats bud, you're a celeb.

Right on! I got coverage!

SOTS_tuba
05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
It was for a charity I cant remember which one but I saw a sign up there. I got an 8 by 10 and a mini helmet signed, I wish I would have had more $$ I would have been able to get the last draft helmet they had. I wish they could get some of the other NFL stars on campus/in town some time to do an autograph session.

socrgoly25
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
It was for a charity I cant remember which one but I saw a sign up there. I got an 8 by 10 and a mini helmet signed, I wish I would have had more $$ I would have been able to get the last draft helmet they had. I wish they could get some of the other NFL stars on campus/in town some time to do an autograph session.

I got a couple 8x10s and a mini helmet also. I thought about the draft helmet, but thought it would have been a little inconsistent with my collection. I would have much rather had the full size Troy helmet, but it was only on display. I got to talk with Leodis' agent. He's a super nice guy and will represent Leodis well.

SOTS_tuba
05-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Yea I saw the Troy helmet up there too, if they would have them for sell I would have scraped the money to gather to get it. I really wish they would sell more than just the mini helmets, like kids and full size helmets along with Trojan uni's for kids. They might have them I just haven't seen them.

FoulPolePhenom
05-06-2008, 08:07 AM
How was the turnout at least when yall were there?

Rette
05-06-2008, 09:12 AM
It appeared to me to be a very successful turnout. My wife and I had made a purchase around 7pm and then went to supper. We decided to go back and make another purchase for our son around 8:45 and most of the items were sold out. I was impressed with Michael McGarvey (http://www.enter-sports.com/html/michael_mcgarvey.html) , Leodis's agent. I think Leodis is in good hands and my wife and I wish him the very best!! I believe that this signing benefited the Boys and Girls Ranch. Wouldn't it be nice if Osi,Demarcus,Lawrence, Branon, and Leodis could come back for a similiar event.

socrgoly25
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM

I got there about 15-20 minutes before he was set to arrive, which was a good thing because a bunch of people started to pile in. Really the only knock I have on the event was the location. I love Santa Fe and all, but there really isn't enough room to accomodate an event like that. They made it work, but I can't help but wonder how much more success they would have had in a more wide open environment (i.e. somewhere on campus, Barnhill's back room).

Again, I enjoyed the event and hope to experience other events like it every year in the future.

Burn the Horse
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey, is it true that they were charging fans $10 if they brought their own merch to be signed? My friend took a picture of his own, and he told me they made him pay.

Rette
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey, is it true that they were charging fans $10 if they brought their own merch to be signed? My friend took a picture of his own, and he told me they made him pay.

I saw a sign that had something go do with $10.00. My gut feeling is that they collected that as a donation for the Boys and Girls if you did not buy one of their products. BUT I AM NOT POSITIVE ABOUT THAT!

socrgoly25
05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I saw a sign that had something go do with $10.00. My gut feeling is that they collected that as a donation for the Boys and Girls if you did not buy one of their products. BUT I AM NOT POSITIVE ABOUT THAT!

That's 100% correct. The sign specified that a $10 donation was to be made if you were bringing personal items to be autographed. That way they are guaranteed to make money for the organization through the event.

Trojan2003
05-06-2008, 03:01 PM
McKelvin gives back to Troy community

By Matt Nascone, The Messenger

More than 150 Troy faithful went out to support the No. 11 NFL Draft pick of the Buffalo Bills, otherwise known as Leodis McKelvin, Monday night.

McKelvin was at the Santa Fe Cattle Co. signing autographs from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and he said it was all he could do to support a town that has been so good to him.

"This is great," McKelvin said. "This is my way to give back to the Troy community that has been so great to me during my time here. Troy gave me a scholarship to play football and the people here will always be on my mind."

McKelvin said he knows he will always enjoy coming back to Troy when he is in the NFL.

Since being drafted 11th by the Bills in draft April 26, McKelvin said he has been taking it easy and just enjoying being in the NFL, but he can't wait to get to work.

"I can't wait to get to training camp," he said. "It will be a lot of hard work, but I know it will be great to be up there with all the veterans."

John Steinhauser and his company, Steinway Promotions, set up the autograph signing. Steinhauser said the evening was a success.

"It has gone great tonight," Steinhauser said. "We were just glad to have such a great spot to hold this event at."

Steinhauser said Santa Fe general manager Wayne Hibbs was willing to have the event at his restaurant.

"We were very interested in having the autograph signing out here on our porch," Hibbs said. "The opportunity to support Leodis and bring more people through the doors was something we could not turn down. We just want to wish Leodis the best of luck with his career in the NFL and we are praying he does not get injured."

McKelvin's agent, Michael McGarvey of Enter-Sports Management, had nothing but good things to say about McKelvin.

"I am just so happy for Leodis," McGarvey said

TU/JSU Fan
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
How much were the big helmets?

socrgoly25
05-06-2008, 06:07 PM
How much were the big helmets?

Pretty sure they ranged from $100-$130.

pkf4troy
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I agree about the space at Santa Fe. There wasnt much space for people to get into a line. Just appreciative of Leodis taking time out of his schedule to allow us this opportunity.

Rette
05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/ggj2ns3/LeodisHelmet.jpg
Pretty sure they ranged from $100-$130.

They were $125.00. They had one left as they were closing shop at 8:45pm. I would think that is a sign that the event went well.

JonesOxygen
05-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I wonder if Sante Fe got anything out of this. I think it was a smart location based on traffic, literally and eating traffic.

TU Rob
05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I wonder if Sante Fe got anything out of this. I think it was a smart location based on traffic, literally and eating traffic.

They probably sold a lot of food and drinks would be my guess.